[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

Agreed. Even if the "stock" option weren't inferior (and a little out of place cosmetically), I really don't see why you'd need to remove the KSPX's.

Having more options is a good thing regardless of which you prefer. There's three or four different LES out there as far as I'm aware, and I'm happy for folks to take the one they like using and delete the others.

• 5 weeks later...
I was really hoping that the remaining KSPX parts would be moved to stock at some point. :/

You and me too. 23.5, for example, would've been an excellent opportunity to add the 3/4 tank and the escape tower. Instead they chose to add a fugly and useless Apollo escape tower, and an equally useless 3/4 tank with engine built into it. So much for the KSP part design philosophy of making everything as modular as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, had some time to slip through an a rogue computer and managed to finalize this, which was nearly done when my laptop broke down. That said, KSPX v0.2.7 is up.

Changelog:

[BALANCE] Rebalanced the mass, cost, and entryCost of all parts to match Stock ReBalance standards
[BALANCE] Rebalanced the reaction wheels torque to fit the StockReBalance schemes, (warning: they'll look grossely underpowered if not used paired with SRB)
[BALANCE] Rebalanced the fuel/to mass ratio in the 1.25m Xenon tank as well as in the radial LF and LOX tanks
[FEATURE] Added MonoPropellant to the old Cupola pod
[BALANCE] Rebalanced the LV-NB to be 2.67 the LV-N to have same performance and nice fitting cost, mass, and thrust values
[BALANCE] Dropped the Monopropellant amount in the 2.5m small tank to 250

So yeah mostly some rebalance here. It's important to note that the rebalances are made with the same scheme as Stock ReBalance as I'm not interested as "balancing" to the ridiculous stock standards, and so the part balance might look a little weird with stock. That said, I very highly suggest you also do download and play with Stock ReBalance.

That said, have a nice weekend everyone!

Chris

It's important to note that the rebalances are made with the same scheme as Stock ReBalance as I'm not interested as "balancing" to the ridiculous stock standards, and so the part balance might look a little weird with stock. That said, I very highly suggest you also do download and play with Stock ReBalance.

That's pretty sad, because it kinda defeats the purpose of this mod - it's not stock expansion anymore.

Anyway, all I ever need from KSPX is LV-NB, so it would be easy to fix its balance back to stock.

EDIT. Just did the math and it appears that LV-NB is actually nicely balanced around the stock.

Edited by biohazard15

it still has the older version number on the folder included in the 0.2.7 zip - are the contents indeed the updated ones and the folder just forgot to be renamed?

I'll check I think it's a simple naming problem. Check the files edit date to be sure.

That's pretty sad, because it kinda defeats the purpose of this mod - it's not stock expansion anymore.

Anyway, all I ever need from KSPX is LV-NB, so it would be easy to fix its balance back to stock.

EDIT. Just did the math and it appears that LV-NB is actually nicely balanced around the stock.

You do realize stock is not balanced at all? If you wanted me to slap random numbers to stats on those parts, I could've done that. Actually it was already done. v0.2.6.1 is what you're looking for. This is all what the 0.2.7 update was about, giving the mod some balance to have something to play with for career.

Until Squad makes a move towards having a somewhat sensible balance in their parts, I'm not going to indulge for total nonesense. I'm not going to sit here and ait for Squad to do it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.