[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

The SAS modules should be rebalanced, as there is now a stock mini 0.625m one.

Maybe you should resize one of the two to 1.25m, change the power so that it's more/less powerful than the stock one, and do the same with the other, not changing it's size.

It could make two of each sizes, but with different forces, same as with the 2.5m ones.

• 2 weeks later...

NathanKell,

The SAS modules should be rebalanced, as there is now a stock mini 0.625m one.

Maybe you should resize one of the two to 1.25m, change the power so that it's more/less powerful than the stock one, and do the same with the other, not changing it's size.

It could make two of each sizes, but with different forces, same as with the 2.5m ones.

And prices should be rebalanced as well. Entry purchase of the Nuclear engine is 96 000
I would assume it does. I would update the title post to show [.25] so it's newb friendly.

Fixes like what? What needs fixing?

I believe they are implying that mods that work with .25 can be confusing when the title stats an older version. When you are looking for that 89th mod to add to your collection, you sometimes glance over those that are not "current", as it were.

I found out that some parts like the lon engines and the xenon tank added by your mod are missing in career or sience mode, because in the part.cfg file of these parts it says it needs the researchnode "largeProbes", wich doesnt exist ingame (anymore?). I changed it in my file so i have them ingame. That could be fixed if it is not intended.

When placing separate radial liquid fuel and oxidizer tanks in conjunction on a rocket to power the engines, Ive noticed the engines within that particular rocket stage they're attached to don't recognize the oxidizer tanks and thus wont ignite. Infact when I attach the radial oxidizer tanks to any other stage, it only adds greater weight to the ship relative the the radial tanks weight but it doesn't increase the total amount of oxidizer available. Is this a bug of the mod within 0.25? I distinctly remember them working on earlier versions

When placing separate radial liquid fuel and oxidizer tanks in conjunction on a rocket to power the engines, Ive noticed the engines within that particular rocket stage they're attached to don't recognize the oxidizer tanks and thus wont ignite. Infact when I attach the radial oxidizer tanks to any other stage, it only adds greater weight to the ship relative the the radial tanks weight but it doesn't increase the total amount of oxidizer available. Is this a bug of the mod within 0.25? I distinctly remember them working on earlier versions

Two words: Fuel lines.

Fuel lines - honestly, that's retarded. Radial monopropellant tanks don't need fuel lines, why should the other radial tanks in this mod require it? I'm using these radial tanks solely for this stage of the rocket, so when I put in tandem the radial tanks of oxidizer and liquid fuel, there shouldn't have to be fuel lines connecting between them. Just like any normal fuel tank. This stage of the rocket doesn't even have a combinded l.fuel/oxidizer tank for the fuel lines to connect and finally go into, I want to use them on their own because the regular tanks are either too bulky or too low in the combined fuel content. My using them is to reduce size and fine control the thrust to weight ratio. The engine should recognize that there is both oxidizer and L. fuel available for that stage from the two different radial tanks placed within that stage without the need for fuel lines. That's what I'm trying to get to work from this mod. Fuel lines, smh... What's the point? Useless :huh:

*sigh*

When you fire your RCS thrusters on a ship, what happens? Monoprop is consumed equally from all tanks. This is because Monoprop is defined as "ALL_VESSEL" on the config (or at least it was in older versions, I don't remember).

LiquidFuel and Oxidizer in the other hand, need a direct fuel flow to the engine to be consumed. Do you see where I'm going? There's no easy stock fix for this.

There is, however, a mod that added automatic/invisible fuel lines between some radial tanks and a central core. You might want to ask NathanKell about it, I'm sure he knows what I'm talking about.

That's what I'm trying to get to work from this mod. Fuel lines, smh... What's the point? Useless :huh:

Then take your complaint to Squad. That's just the way fuel flow works for all radial LFO connections -- there's no reason to get huffy about it in this thread. That said try NathanKell's CrossFeed Enabler lets radial tanks crossfeed.

Fuel lines - honestly, that's retarded. Radial monopropellant tanks don't need fuel lines, why should the other radial tanks in this mod require it? I'm using these radial tanks solely for this stage of the rocket, so when I put in tandem the radial tanks of oxidizer and liquid fuel, there shouldn't have to be fuel lines connecting between them. Just like any normal fuel tank. This stage of the rocket doesn't even have a combinded l.fuel/oxidizer tank for the fuel lines to connect and finally go into, I want to use them on their own because the regular tanks are either too bulky or too low in the combined fuel content. My using them is to reduce size and fine control the thrust to weight ratio. The engine should recognize that there is both oxidizer and L. fuel available for that stage from the two different radial tanks placed within that stage without the need for fuel lines. That's what I'm trying to get to work from this mod. Fuel lines, smh... What's the point? Useless :huh:

Fuel flow is Squad's problem, really, I can't do anything about it.

Then take your complaint to Squad. That's just the way fuel flow works for all radial LFO connections -- there's no reason to get huffy about it in this thread. That said try NathanKell's CrossFeed Enabler lets radial tanks crossfeed.

If Squad ever decided to add radial LFO tanks to stock, they would probably make the STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH rules a little more radial-tank-friendly. Until then, all we can do is play the game we're given.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.