Stock Wonders... How creative have you gotten with stock?

CalMacDa

one of the things i spent a lot of time tinkering with, would be My old Transport Erector Launcher Munrocket (sadly, the changes to the landing legs did not help :P )

Javascript is disabled. View full album

i also like a lot my various custom animated launch pads :P

(maybe my masterpiece so far on this mini Saturn V :P - note : the new Aero parts killed it too :P - it used the old stock control surfaces as fairings :P)

yWfaWUAl.png

Edited by sgt_flyer

My personal favorite thing that I've done in stock KSP is creating a fully functional...

Claw Game

...complete with lights, labels, eight Kerbals to choose from, and a fair deal of difficulty!

Pictures:

KVctDMV.jpg

Here's the Claw Game, ready for action! Doesn't it look cool?

JrBtRon.jpg

The Claw is ready to drop upon the unsuspecting Kerbals below (with the help of 4x Time-Warp.)

O8lMtth.jpg

The Claw has captured a Kerbal! Time to time-warp back to 1x and take Bobger to the Victory Bin on the other side.

zpgCnBQ.jpg

You're free, Bobger! Now you can be taken home by the lucky winner...

I spent too much time making this thing look nice, and work properly. Still, though, it's not that bad of an idea, right? :)

...and now for a video explaining how the thing works!

The dolphin Mk. II jetski to have fun on the oceans on Laythe

iWlso4A.png

Delta D1 - a streamlined 4 Kerbal lander for Duna

XqmDNFF.png

The compact Arrowhead X-3d-S spaceplane that can reach a circular 120 km orbit on Kerbin an Laythe.

LhApcuQ.png

The Konstellation Type II Lander System with modular payload

eIBHwyD.png

This is the best thread in the space craft exchange so far. THIS is what KSP is about... building what you need with what tools we are given. The creativity and talent that is here on this thread is inspiring. You guys/gals are playing this game properly and I salute your engineering skills.

QZkyKsJ.png

kRRIT7B.png

Ckw2ZhO.png

In case you were wondering why I put a flap on the launch tower... since I use FAR, I enable the flap to act as a spoiler and assign it to a action group that causes it to deflect UP. Basically acting as a retractable ramp.

In case you were wondering why I put a flap on the launch tower... since I use FAR, I enable the flap to act as a spoiler and assign it to a action group that causes it to deflect UP. Basically acting as a retractable ramp.

That is really Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.