[Currently Unofficial] A thread for naming Version 1.0 once it goes gold!

Bandock

Should there a subtitle?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should there a subtitle?

• Yes
    • No

I think they should do an animated video of a time lapse of launch pad preparations for the rocket in the KSP name and hire George Diller to then do a countdown followed by "Launch of your Kerbal Space Program 2015".

That would be super awesome.

Kerbal Space Program

Yes, I do like minimalism, why do you ask? 1.0 is a very special release, it's the game as envisioned, nothing more, nothing less. It's the very idea which those three words have referred to since the beginning. In my opinion adding a sub label to that specific release would play down the importance of reaching that milestone. Give names to any other releases, but 1.0 is special.

I am totally in orbit around this suggestion. monophonic you nailed it on the first page of this thread.

"Gold Edition" is generally reserved for games after the developer is done working on it and all expansions. KSP is approaching 1.0, but AFAIK squad is still planning on 1.1 and 1.2 updates (before they officially do expansion packs).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I labeled it as Currently Unofficial just in case it ever became official. And now that release is on the horizon (unless a bug pops up), I would say that this thread is about complete. Probably time to close the thread I created due to imminent release. :P

Kerbal Space Program

Yes, I do like minimalism, why do you ask? 1.0 is a very special release, it's the game as envisioned, nothing more, nothing less. It's the very idea which those three words have referred to since the beginning. In my opinion adding a sub label to that specific release would play down the importance of reaching that milestone. Give names to any other releases, but 1.0 is special.

This

Please don't say Kerbal Space Program: Launch, or any other subtitle, and please please please don't say Kerbal Space Program 1.0

it just needs to say "Kerbal Space Program" this is the actual game, it needs to be the name of the actual game.

This

Please don't say Kerbal Space Program: Launch, or any other subtitle, and please please please don't say Kerbal Space Program 1.0

it just needs to say "Kerbal Space Program" this is the actual game, it needs to be the name of the actual game.

"Kerbal Space Program, the Actual Game" =p jk

Since this thread is still alive, I might as well pitch in something in reference to Kerbal Space Program 1.0.

When the following image is displayed, it should play the music from the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey using this text that slowly fades in:

KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.