[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

For a long time no one my rocket is complete without this modification, and also for a long time I do not have a tank, the default analog - "Rockomax X200-16".

NecroBones, is it possible to add a tank size to the default replacement?

1J4X0XR.jpg?1

Edited by veber

On 5/15/2016 at 5:30 AM, veber said:

For a long time no one my rocket is complete without this modification, and also for a long time I do not have a tank, the default analog - "Rockomax X200-16".

NecroBones, is it possible to add a tank size to the default replacement?

I'm not sure I understand. Are you looking for X200-16 sized tanks that look like the FTP tanks? If so, you can download Color Coded Canisters and get the same appearance styles.

21 hours ago, veber said:

Exactly! That's what I need. I thought in Color Coded Canisters one the appearance of tanks ... (my omission).

Yep, CCC has one appearance by itself, but combined with FTP it has multiple appearances (since FTP provides the textures for it).

• 2 weeks later...

First, I just realized the RP-600 went bye bye. Found it in the Deprecated mod, so thank you!!!

Second, the RP-400 for some reason isn't supporting Mono. Short of me having to delete all my mods and adding them back in, you wouldn't happen to know of a specific mod that changes the Radial tanks to LFO, LH2 only and wipes out the Mono would you? 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Second, the RP-400 for some reason isn't supporting Mono. Short of me having to delete all my mods and adding them back in, you wouldn't happen to know of a specific mod that changes the Radial tanks to LFO, LH2 only and wipes out the Mono would you? 

Not off hand, no. It might take some digging in the logs to see what else is modifying it after-the-fact.

12 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Not off hand, no. It might take some digging in the logs to see what else is modifying it after-the-fact.

Found it. Took a wild stab (only had to remove 30 mods) and found it to be the Cryogenic Tanks mod by Nertea. Haven't figured out why yet, but I least I know which one is the culprit. Now, back to the research.......

10 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Found it. Took a wild stab (only had to remove 30 mods) and found it to be the Cryogenic Tanks mod by Nertea. Haven't figured out why yet, but I least I know which one is the culprit. Now, back to the research.......

Oh right. Since I have the fuel-switching tied to the stripe colors on those tanks, I thought I had set it to always use my fuel switching. But alas, no, it steps aside in favor of letting CryoTanks specify the fuel types. CryoTanks attempts to add its own fuel switching to all tanks. I don't think it's aware that these are meant to be MonoProp tanks first.

Updated:

1.10 (2016-06-04) - Update.
 - Altered switcher priorities for mesh switching, to match fuel switching rules.
 - Added color choices from some adjacent diameters to the 1.25m and 2.5m tanks.

2 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Updated:

1.10 (2016-06-04) - Update.
 - Altered switcher priorities for mesh switching, to match fuel switching rules.
 - Added color choices from some adjacent diameters to the 1.25m and 2.5m tanks.

It appears to have fixed the issue I was having in the B9PartSwitch thread as well. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, zxyfeo4 said:

Hi I just add the  Fuel Tanks Plus 1.10  and my ksp is 1.1.2

but those tanks in my game was chaotic color and can not change the color.

hoe to solve it ??

You need to install both ModuleManager and one of the switcher mods:

• Interstellar Fuel Switch
  • B9 Part Switch
  • Firespitter

• 4 weeks later...

I just have a simple question: Since the last update 1.1.3 I believe Fuel Tanks Plus has given me a hard time with the Switcher. It shows all the textures at once and to be honest its ugly. Anz way to fix this? I deleted MkIV systems already.

On 7/16/2016 at 11:05 PM, WuphonsReach said:

The 3.75m stack decoupler with built-in rocket engine feels a bit underpowered still given that I'm using it for heavy first stage boosters that need to be kicked backwards to get clear of the second stage firing.  

I took a look at it, and yeah, it could use a little boost. I'm increasing it some, but not a huge amount. It should help though.

2 hours ago, DeepSlayLP said:

I just have a simple question: Since the last update 1.1.3 I believe Fuel Tanks Plus has given me a hard time with the Switcher. It shows all the textures at once and to be honest its ugly. Anz way to fix this? I deleted MkIV systems already.

I'd double-check that the mesh-switcher mod (FS/IFS/B9) is the latest, as well as ModuleManager. If it broke because of KSP updating, then one of those probably needs to be updated.

18 hours ago, NecroBones said:

I'd double-check that the mesh-switcher mod (FS/IFS/B9) is the latest, as well as ModuleManager. If it broke because of KSP updating, then one of those probably needs to be updated.

Yes, I already downloaded and replaced the IFS 3 times but it stayed the same problem. And I also made sure that the Module Manager is up to date

On 7/19/2016 at 4:22 AM, DeepSlayLP said:

Yes, I already downloaded and replaced the IFS 3 times but it stayed the same problem. And I also made sure that the Module Manager is up to date

OK that's really strange. IFS is prioritized over the others, so if that's there and working, everything should work. I'll probably have to see your log then. Can you delete ModuleManager.ConfigCache in GameData, then run the game again, and then send me the KSP.log file (via dropbox or some other method)?

• 2 weeks later...

@NecroBones, I need some help again, this time it's some of the adapter tanks in FTP that I want to clone and change into some more of my simple command pods (they sorta have the capsule shape already  ).  The first one I've tried is the Rockomax X200-08-FTP Adapter Tank, followed the CCC+FTP template I used for the FL-T100 conversion, but the the mesh switching isn't working, I get the usual Z-fighting type glitchiness. 

The part MM patch begins with "+PART[TPtank2m1mA]:AFTER[FuelTanksPlus]:BEFORE[ColorCodedCans]", the rest is standard MM stuff.  And yes, I do need to add the "AFTER[ColorCodedCans] or else I get fuel-switching added, even though FTP seems to do its own end-caps color coding.

The mesh-switching patch was copied straight from the FTP one:

@PART[KoyuzKMAPod]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&FuelTanksPlus]:AFTER[ZFuelTanksPlus]

@MODEL 
    {    
        texture = orange-jumbo-0, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model000
        texture = orange-jumbo-1, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model001
        texture = TPtank1m-Specular, FuelTanksPlus/Size1/TPtank1m-Specular
    }    

MODULE
    {
        name:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch] = FSmeshSwitch
        name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = InterstellarMeshSwitch
        objects = TPtank2m-Orange,TPtank2m-Orange2;TPtank2m-White;TPtank2m-Checkered;TPtank2m-Black;TPtank2m-Blue;TPtank2m-Red
        objectDisplayNames = Delta;Antares;Gemini;Black;Blue;Atlas
        affectColliders = false
        buttonName = Next Color Scheme
        previousButtonName = Previous Color Scheme
    }
}

Any help will be appreciated. 

Edited by Laguna
Looks like I do need some help after all.

On 7/30/2016 at 11:50 PM, Laguna said:

mesh-switching patch was copied straight from the FTP one:

Are you using the latest FTP? The last release added some new color choices to those tanks, so you may just need to re-copy the MM code for that.

10 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Are you using the latest FTP? The last release added some new color choices to those tanks, so you may just need to re-copy the MM code for that.

I didn't think this mattered, but I'm using v1.7 of FTP, the last one you released before KSP 1.1 came out (for reasons I'm using 1.0.5).

Using the mesh-switching patch above, I think what's happening is all the textures are trying to be displayed at once, resulting in the Z-fighting type glitch.  The checkered mesh seems most stable, and if I look carefully I think I can see one or two of the others.

I must be missing something, maybe I don't need the "ZFuelTanksPlus"; it was done for CCC, so I figured it would be needed for FTP as well.

13 hours ago, Laguna said:

I didn't think this mattered, but I'm using v1.7 of FTP, the last one you released before KSP 1.1 came out (for reasons I'm using 1.0.5).

Using the mesh-switching patch above, I think what's happening is all the textures are trying to be displayed at once, resulting in the Z-fighting type glitch.  The checkered mesh seems most stable, and if I look carefully I think I can see one or two of the others.

I must be missing something, maybe I don't need the "ZFuelTanksPlus"; it was done for CCC, so I figured it would be needed for FTP as well.

Yeah, hard to say. You might need to pull out the KSP.log and take a look at what it's doing.  Oh, another thought-- are you deleting ModuleManager.ConfigCache between tests? MM supposedly will invalidate the cache on its own these days, but I prefer not to take any chances. And if you're using 1.0.5 and its version of MM, I suspect you're getting stale cache data. I would delete " ModuleManager.ConfigCache" (in GameData) before each run of KSP when testing your changes. Otherwise you'll fire up KSP to run a test, but see a previous test's results.

CCC/FTP use mesh-switching only, rather than texture switching. That way all the texture information can be in the same texture files, and highly compact. So if it's z-fighting, it comes down to mesh names that aren't properly getting included in the switching config for some reason. It's possible you had the config right, but it was still broken due to cached configs.

13 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Yeah, hard to say. You might need to pull out the KSP.log and take a look at what it's doing.  Oh, another thought-- are you deleting ModuleManager.ConfigCache between tests? MM supposedly will invalidate the cache on its own these days, but I prefer not to take any chances. And if you're using 1.0.5 and its version of MM, I suspect you're getting stale cache data. I would delete " ModuleManager.ConfigCache" (in GameData) before each run of KSP when testing your changes. Otherwise you'll fire up KSP to run a test, but see a previous test's results.

CCC/FTP use mesh-switching only, rather than texture switching. That way all the texture information can be in the same texture files, and highly compact. So if it's z-fighting, it comes down to mesh names that aren't properly getting included in the switching config for some reason. It's possible you had the config right, but it was still broken due to cached configs.

@NecroBones, deleting the MM cache didn't do anything; in fact, I've never noticed it loading anything from the cache, all the patches go through the full loading sequence.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.