0.90[WIP][KopernicusTech]OuterPlanetsPlus Dev Thread v.1.7.0

amarius1

Ok thanks... I just tried today to fix the grpund deseapearing bug onece again by corectly doublechecking the configs to see if anything should work but it didn't work! Well, on my end the moons no longer have strange surfaces (Olmo) but when I tested them landing I had the same problem as before! Asny idea of whay is all wanky? God KopernicusCore was SO MUCH SIMPLER!

- - - Updated - - -

How do i fix the bug? I even tryed remaking some of the configs after the TransKeptunian pack but it still didn't work! Yes, I changed the extensions to .jpg and corrected the paths...

If I still not succeed I'll switch back to KC...

Don't use jpegs. That's the issue.

Also, KopernicusCore was a lot buggier and the download is gone.

Don't worry about how you can't get it to work. I have Lyvara and Erfen working, and they look quite nice.

Here's Erfen at it's new home. I figure that from now on if we add moons to existing planets we should do it after their moons are officially added. So, we can add as many moons to Jool & Sarnus as we want (I want to expand Jool too):

XZo6k4A.png

Well, ok then... i guess it should be called KerbolPlus then shouldn't it? Also, could you share the kittopia code you used? I nead a template to work from...

Foodnight! I nead to get my night sleep... nee you tomorow!

KerbolPlus, I once tried to make a mod called that. Anyway, though this is sort of off topic, what's this new Kerbol+ Planet Pack in your Google Docs mod page, _Augustus_?

That's something else I may or may not work on, because Felsmak is being inactive.

Also, I'm releasing this mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112225-OuterPlanetsPlus-Version-2-0?p=1768172#post1768172

Oh, but why do you need to contact Flesmak? You can just go looking in SpaceEngine for planets that look like his creations. Or do you need things like the orbits, sizes and other characteristics.

His textures are way better than SE.

Well, I guess I'll rename mine to OPMX (OuterPlanetsExpansion)

But why? You really can still help. It's just that you were doing a bad job at things like a stockalike feel and compatibility.

Don't split off, please... I'll re-add the rest of the planets eventually. And why does the name matter?

Well, it's just that I invested a lot of time in making those planets and I cant just delete them... also, there's still A LONG WAY to Neidon's moons so why should we delete them? Also, i solved the bug with surfaces but now I have another one: when I land the custom texture is replaced by a grey image. I then Updated (exported) scaled space to generate the .bin file, deleted the ScaledSpace folder in "Textu

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's just that I invested a lot of time in making those planets and I cant just delete them... also, there's still A LONG WAY to Neidon's moons so why should we delete them? Also, i solved the bug with surfaces but now I have another one: when I land the custom texture is replaced by a grey image. I then Updated (exported) scaled space to generate the .bin file, deleted the ScaledSpace folder in "Textures" but the surface still is grey... How do I solve this?! Do I need to keep some of the content in ScaledSpace? Should I replace the grey colormap that is generated with the texture?

Also, I don't want to split! I am now thinking between deleting my mod (I just can't! ;_; ) and Starting to work at DwarfPlanets for our pack... hard decision...

Also, the name matters because it can be confusing for people to have 2 mods with the same name...

- - - Updated - - -

What does a "stock alike feel" mean? Low res and soft textures? Why we couldn't have a planet like Kerlanes, with gorgeous impact craters?

Edited by amarius1

Tried the new update, looks like you fixed most of the issues, however a few remain.

Ven

I can see Ven in flight mode now, but it doesn't retain the correct texture from map mode. Landing seems to work ok.

Olmo

Still needs it's SOI increased because I still cannot get an encounter to work, either with hyperedit or a manual transfer orbit.

Tuanks for reply! Note that it is 1.6.1-TEST BUILD so the text update will be probably 1.7... :)

Also, how does Ven look from landsite? Is it just gray? Does that happen on other moons? I can't check because I have to run opengl so that may or may not affect Kittopia actions...

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't had time to muck around with SOI too much so I just called this update a "test build". _Augustus_ and me are also working on a better, much more realistic both stockalike so when our mod will be finished, this one will probably go...

WOOOOOOO UPDATED TO 1.7!!!!!!!!!

Edited by amarius1

It is maybe handy to include a changelog for every new update.

Changelog v1.7.0 :

• A TON of bugfixing.
  • Now all the planets have a working custom terrain texture.
  • Added PlanetShine support for Lyvara.
  • Tweaked atmosphere on Lyvara.
  • Switched texture format to .dds to improve performance.
  • Better folder directories.
  • Orbit tweaks.
  • Better textures for some of the celestial bodies.
  • Near full Regolith support.
  • Partialy implemented biomes on Nuovana, Sisyphus, Kerlanes and Ven.
  • PlanetShine support for Lyvara.

Thanks but it allready is in the KerbalStuff changelog. Also, I am no longer working on _Augustus_' OPM+ since he said "i'm overwriting his work"... :( just because I added comet particles to Sisyphus and made some textures better he kicked me out!

Anyway, here's another WIP mod I'm working on: [standalone GasPlanet2](http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112339-0-90-WIP-KopernicusTech-KerbolPlus?p=1770612#post1770612) and I'm wondering if you can be my partener on this as well.

Yes, you can land on all of it's moons since I'm no longer a noob... :) Curently includes a blue GasGiant2 with rings and 4 moons with the original names by NovaSilisko.

Edited by amarius1

Downloaded and tested 1.7

Nuovana

Was looking at the config, Nuovana references Urlum and Sarnus as it's parent planet.

Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sarnus
color = 0.823529,0.705882,0.54902,1
inclination = 2.3
eccentricity = 0.04
semiMajorAxis = 42592946
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 55
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 1.1
epoch = 1343.91
}

Ven

Textures are now working properly

Olmo

Still not working. As it is I still cannot get a ship to orbit Olmo. I did some more additional testing by moving Olmo into orbit around Neidon instead of around Phal. This actually allowed me to place a craft in orbit. Seems like maybe the problem is an issue between Phal and Olmo? Or maybe another thing all together? Also, from map view Olmo looks quite smooth, but in flight view it's very craggy. I actually like the craggy surface as it makes landing more challenging, but some uniformity would be nice.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also, it's annoying that you included the OPM files in your download. Though I'm not sure it really matters because...

I am no longer working on _Augustus_' OPM+ since he said "i'm overwriting his work"... :( just because I added comet particles to Sisyphus and made some textures better he kicked me out!

If that's the case this thread should be locked.

Edited by nebuchadnezzar

I do not like that planet it is not interesting or unique it looks like a bunch of noise. I hope unique and hand crafted features can be added. That looks way too hastily done and doesnt fit within the games feel other than that i love the texture. I hope to learn to make kopernicus planets as nice as some of these and from OPM just got to find a nice tut...

Well if you're going to keep this version of OP+ alive you should fix it instead of abandoning it for some other planet mod you're working on.

This mod is an expansion for OPM that gives Urlum and Neidon some moons untill OPM adds their own moons.

Also Augustus is updating this mod for when OPM adds those moons.

This mod is an expansion for OPM that gives Urlum and Neidon some moons untill OPM adds their own moons.

Also Augustus is updating this mod for when OPM adds those moons.

I am well aware of all of that. What's your point?

Edited by nebuchadnezzar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.