Iran unveils mockup of their one-man ship

xenomorph555

I understand. But why it has never been for science?! Why do we need power and prestige to do scientific research? Is there a stigma?!

I think there is, because in order to spend money on stuff such as an expensive space program they'd need this cover, otherwise people (the general public) would consider them a waste of resources.

I think that technology is a large part of the program. Iran is not the most advanced country and these different programs provide great scientific, engineering and technical knowledge. So while the price tag is high (74 million dollars budget for I.S.A) it is well worth it, more so then the military. And a little prestige is not too bad, without the great space program Iran would be seen as an backwords anti-science nation.

I think that technology is a large part of the program. Iran is not the most advanced country and these different programs provide great scientific, engineering and technical knowledge. So while the price tag is high (74 million dollars budget for I.S.A) it is well worth it, more so then the military. And a little prestige is not too bad, without the great space program Iran would be seen as an backwords anti-science nation.

Exactly and and xenomorph brings up a great point. Take an look at the Iranian government's budget. I am POSITIVE that most of the funds are concentrated in military applications. So, if you were a fledgling space agency, who would you want to appeal to for money? The military. As such, most national space agencies will have military backgrounds or even close ties to the military. In this scenario, science, unless it could mean new technology to add to the said military, will tend to take second place to power and prestige. It is also a good way to prevent control of neighboring nations of lesser technology, by other competing powers (as the US/USSR Space Race was REALLY about). In a sense, space programs are mearly used as propaganda tool/toys by their specific national governments.

Exactly and and xenomorph brings up a great point. Take an look at the Iranian government's budget. I am POSITIVE that most of the funds are concentrated in military applications. So, if you were a fledgling space agency, who would you want to appeal to for money? The military. As such, most national space agencies will have military backgrounds or even close ties to the military. In this scenario, science, unless it could mean new technology to add to the said military, will tend to take second place to power and prestige. It is also a good way to prevent control of neighboring nations of lesser technology, by other competing powers (as the US/USSR Space Race was REALLY about). In a sense, space programs are mearly used as propaganda tool/toys by their specific national governments.

Oh yeah.. I was trying to make a good point about the space program but I guess that's true...

Those are exactly the points I agreed to! But I'm a bit too Utopian! And I'm a bit more aware of the financial shenanigans of my country!(So when I say I'm concerned, it means I worry that the budget supposedly going into scientific research with a military cover would go into the pockets of the rich and dirty!)

Those are exactly the points I agreed to! But I'm a bit too Utopian! And I'm a bit more aware of the financial shenanigans of my country!(So when I say I'm concerned, it means I worry that the budget supposedly going into scientific research with a military cover would go into the pockets of the rich and dirty!)

And I never did disagree with you, I was just trying to explain why things are the way they are. And perhaps one day (perhaps after WWIII), the nations of Earth will dissolve their borders and unite to go into space together (and forming a planetary defense military). Sadly, that day, is not today.

Umm, not to nitpick, but have you ever heard of the Persian Gulf and wondered how it got its name?

Yeah I found out that it is next to the ocean. Sorry about that.

- - - Updated - - -

A little? Try a lot!

I believe the advancements in computer technology has helped that a lot.

Mercury:

494043446_17cff87e1f.jpg

Iran's ship:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36814.0;attach=793305;image

Hopefully they will add more than one multi purpose display in there for backup in the flight ready version.

Maybe for the orbital version, but for suborbit that won't be necessary. And it might be too late, the design work is finished and has been for months possibly a year.

has then been any news released on what their heat shield is made out of?

If it's anything like their previous suborbital biocapsules, which it probably is, then the heat sheild will be a solid plate of a strong steel/aluminium alloy covered in a heavy ablative paint. The outside of the craft will also have a lighter ablative paint. It should be noted that a suborbital "hop" takes less stress on the shield due to lower speed.

I have new information.

The capsule program is called "Class E", this may sound strange but it makes perfect sense. Iran's scientific suborbital program (the "Kavoshgar/Explorer" program) which has launched Iran's biocapsules including the monkeys have been codenamed "Class's" the first Kavoshgar was Class A, K-2/3 were Class B, 4-7 Class C and K-8 was Class D. Each new Class introduces a larger more advanced rocket and payload, it was wondered whether the crew capsule would continue the Kavoshgar program and this confirms it.

This capsule itself is called "E1" simply put the first Class E capsule. Each mockup and test capsule will receive a "manufacture code number" until the actual manned flights were they will be given individual names in a similar fashion to the Mercury 7.

I don't particularly trust Iranian PR when it comes to fiberglass models. They have a long tradition of presenting obviously bogus mockups as next generation stealth aircraft.

They have a habit of presenting mockups as mockups, and western 'news' like DM fall over themselves to misreport it. It's no more an indictment of Iran than that news story a few weeks back of an NK landing on the Sun is an indictment of them.

I don't particularly trust Iranian PR when it comes to fiberglass models. They have a long tradition of presenting obviously bogus mockups as next generation stealth aircraft.

I was thinking about that stealth jet too. I think it's important to remember the differences in technology between a stealth jet and a one man suborbital space capsule, the jet is much more advanced then the capsule therefore give Iran a higher chance of actually being able to do it.

On a side note that helicopter is funny.

We have working stuffs if you concern ! :cool:

Shahed-129%20UAV%20chien%20dau%20Iran1.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully they will add more than one multi purpose display in there for backup in the flight ready version.
Maybe for the orbital version, but for suborbit that won't be necessary. And it might be too late, the design work is finished and has been for months possibly a year.

If you compare Kavoshgar-7 with Kavoshgar-8 :

68.jpg

Kavosh-8_8.jpg

I am sure we will have a safe & Reliable spacecraft after unmanned launches !

We are going to add escape tower too ...

- - - Updated - - -

28.11.1393-01.jpg

Unfortunately this is one space program I can't cheer on. It's about Iran showing it can build a missile that could carry a nuclear warhead, same way almost all space programs started out, but I don't want Iran building a nuclear missile.

Unfortunately this is one space program I can't cheer on. It's about Iran showing it can build a missile that could carry a nuclear warhead, same way almost all space programs started out, but I don't want Iran building a nuclear missile.

Yea. As soon as a guy actually goes inside the capsule and launches, I'll be hoping he comes back alive and unharmed. But I wish they wouldn't try at all. If Iran wasn't pursuing nuclear technology, sponsoring terrorism, and making threatening statements towards other countries, I'd feel entirely different about their space exploration efforts.

Once Iran has the missile technology it desires, they will suddenly find their space exploration program to be "too expensive" or something like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.