Iran unveils mockup of their one-man ship

xenomorph555

As Red has already said, try not to talk about the political aspects of the space program. Yes a rocket can have multiple payloads, and some of those might be frowned upon by certain counties in the world. But this thread is about a new country joining the man in space club on a domestic rocket, which is a HUGE achievement.

on a total side note, putting stuff into orbit is a whole heck of a lot harder than just launching a rocket on a ballistic trajectory.

At the risk of sounding like im stirring up political dissent, foreign sanctions will probably slow the development. I mean, very few nations in the international community would like Iran to have a launcher capable of sending a man into orbit, seems like it would be easy enough to convert into an ICBM launcher...

Yes. That can be a problem.

Oh hey Soheil, I didn't realise you were on this forum. I've seen you in loads of other places.

Nice to meet you ! :D

- - - Updated - - -

That first monkey pic, you can CLEARLY tell that that monkey does NOT want to go in the rocket. You can see the fear in its eyes!

So you mean the monkeys USA used for demonstrating life support system, signed before fly !? :D

Edited by Vanamonde

@xenomorph555, in that first pic, the monkey looks scared. Why hasn't PETA picked up on this? Or have they?

Edit: Ninja'd.

It's just a small monkey <_<

It's brain isn't large enough understand and fear the situation. Just the same as the apes and dogs the US and Soviets used.

Also PETA doesn't operate in Eastern countrys.

It's just a small monkey <_<

It's brain isn't large enough understand and fear the situation. Just the same as the apes and dogs the US and Soviets used.

Also PETA doesn't operate in Eastern countrys.

At least our chimps looked cool and collected. :cool:

Ham_the_chimp.jpg

ham-astrochimp.jpeg

But enough of this monkey business, this is about Iran's manned space program. :P

Thanks for clearing up the cardboard box thing, no disrespect intended. Also, I think that monkey's probably just afraid because s/he's been restrained, probably for a good couple of hours.

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde
Quoting infracted post.

Thanks for clearing up the cardboard box thing, no disrespect intended. Also, I think that monkey's probably just afraid because s/he's been restrained, probably for a good couple of hours.

Yeah, should also be noted they are given a small amount of sedatives to keep them calm for most of the time they are restrained.

Let's take a look at Iranian upcoming rocket :

Simorgh

RS13.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Overall length of vehicle: 25974 mm

Length first stage: 17816 mm (first stage with forward adapter)

Length second stage: 8158 mm (second stage with fairing)

First stage diameter: 2.40 m

Second stage diameter: 1.50 m

First stage thrust: 142 tons (4 x 35.5)

Second stage thrust: 7.2 tonnes

- - - Updated - - -

detail-4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

detail-5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

detail-7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

There is a point here !

Here is R-7 Derivatives :

Samara

Samara_3.jpg

Samara_1.jpg

Samara_2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Kometa

Kometa_1.jpg

Kometa_2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Adler & Aldan

Adler_1.jpg

Why are those engines so steampunky? They look more like upper stage/NTR engines than first stage.

I believe it's to do with fuel, hypergolic combustion chambers are more spherical and smaller then in kerolox engines.

- - - Updated - - -

Shahab-3 is the Safir first stage.

Yes, I said Shahab-3 because it has many different variants that branch off into different levels of power/efficiency/etc. Since we don't know which one would be suited best I left it as the base rocket.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.