SpaceTiger

[1.2.2] KerboKatz - SmallUtilities - 21.01.2017

302 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have 3 days of trying to find the culprit of a serious issue in my KSP install behind me.

Several parts are not loaded because they could not be compiled at game start:

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartResourceDefinitionList.get_Item (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartResourceLibrary.GetDefinition (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipConstruction.GetPartCostsAndMass (.ConfigNode partNode, .AvailablePart aP, System.Single& dryCost, System.Single& fuelCost, System.Single& dryMass, System.Single& fuelMass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipConstruction.SanitizePartCosts (.AvailablePart aP, .ConfigNode partNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Finally I had the idea to search for the phrase "GetPartCostsAndMass" inside all .dll files inside the GameData folder - and I only found one result:
GameData\KerboKatz\KerboKatzUtilities.dll

So I have to remove the whole KerboKatz folder and do a test run.

Stay tuned.

Edit:

nope, unfortunately ...

I'm getting mad finding out which dumb mod creates this error or if KSP is also beta in this case like in the warp-batteries issue or the warp-overheat issue.

----

Here it is:

Edited by Gordon Dry

Does ModifiedExplosionPotential increase the explosion lag?

Are the particles affected by the SmokeScreen settings? So a lower SmokeScreen setting would reduce lag on explosions?

Edited by Gordon Dry