[1.2] 'Otter' Submersible (USI Submarine Parts) [0.2.0]

RoverDude

Hello first post here, I am addicted to your mods, and therefore I have USI Life Support. I'm going to just strap a supply pack onto my sub, But are there plans to create a life support part that keeps with the aesthetics? Or maybe a module manager config to change one of the existing parts to hold supplies?

While I'm on the subject, I agree with others here that a undersea colony in the style of your other parts would be epic. Any hope for a sea based life support generation system? IE collecting krill or whatnot from the water itself into processed food?

6 hours ago, Ringkeeper said:

hrmpf.... serious....when will be 1.1 out? My install can't take more USI mods -.- and i want them... aaaaallllll !!!!

SoonTM

7 hours ago, Ringkeeper said:

hrmpf.... serious....when will be 1.1 out? My install can't take more USI mods -.- and i want them... aaaaallllll !!!!

I run all of my mods plus a few others on Win32 no problem ;)

On 1/29/2016 at 0:38 PM, smjjames said:

@RoverDude What do you think of the idea of making a drone core for the submarine?

Log a github issue.  

well, i have KAX, KWrocketry , Kerbalkonstrukt+Kerbinside, Remotetech (i think that kills alot), Scansat (that too) plus some other.... so, yeah... already deinstalle ATM and installed DTL but still get crashes from time to time.

but as soon as 1.1 hits, all USI mods get back into gameplay :D Can't be that long anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I run all of roverdudes mods and then some, I have 132 mods running at 2.6gb up to 3gb at max but I run in opneGL. One of the best installs ive had in awhile.  Dynamic texture loader runs at 3g up to 3.2gb on my install it only hurts me. But I don't like the lag it gives to the parts in the hanger.

Loving this. They match the truck parts from Lack's SXT pack too! I made a minimal parts bathysphere type thing, it handles like a complete turd without the reaction wheels on, probably because the center of mass is in the same spot as the center of thrust....

If you're taking suggestions, a Karibou style cargo bay would be nice to put some fuel cells (or whatever else) in as the pod reactor is a bit anemic for running bigger ships with multiple large impellers.

81422486F158811C7BC682BA6A9A59B4B25CC54D

Edited by oniontrain

On 2/13/2016 at 9:10 PM, oniontrain said:

Loving this. They match the truck parts from Lack's SXT pack too! I made a minimal parts bathysphere type thing, it handles like a complete turd without the reaction wheels on, probably because the center of mass is in the same spot as the center of thrust....

If you're taking suggestions, a Karibou style cargo bay would be nice to put some fuel cells (or whatever else) in as the pod reactor is a bit anemic for running bigger ships with multiple large impellers.

81422486F158811C7BC682BA6A9A59B4B25CC54D

I like it :)

49 minutes ago, thesmokindeist said:

You know, the cockpit looks like it would make a great pod for a tiny spacecraft similar to the ones on the Discovery in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Have you made such a beast? Damn, time to go looking... lol

This is being strongly considered

Where will U.S.I 'Otter' Submarine Part Pack be posted for download now that kerbalstuff has been taken off the web by the creator? I have all of your other packs & want this one too, but there isn't anywhere to download it anymore.

On ‎26‎-‎2‎-‎2016 at 8:14 PM, DStaal said:

For you, a slightly more direct version of the link 5 posts up: https://github.com/BobPalmer/SubPack/releases

neh, i've made a car that flies and can dive underwater with tweakscale and inferno robotics; so i don't need a submarine because i basically already have an amfibie with retractable wings and excrements