https://goo.gl/zxQvBY

CONTROLS:
1 - Toggle Engine
3 - Start Up Vessel
5 - Undock/De-Couple Top Docking Port
0 - Open Cargo Bay/Deploy (LV ONLY)

ABORT - Undock/De-Couple Cargo Port

NOTES:

Due to high SAS Torque this vessal can suffer from Navball drift when set to follow prograde/retrograde/nodes etc... and will have to be piloted the old fashioned way. ;)

Powered by a single Ion engine this little 2t ship puts out around 7k of Delta V and is comprised of only 26 parts! :)

9aqWfTU.jpg

Unlike the Moth the Shrimp is Munar/Ike capable with more then enough grunt for landing and getting back to orbit.

uv7Cxlz.jpg

It's also my first dropship compact enough to fit into a MK2 cargo bay! :D

VOFbLt0.jpg

The vessal also comes with a cargo port for easy refueling or extra Xenon drop tanks for long range missions.

jQ1zncJ.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Cripes, @Cupcake..., every time I think you have built something as small and light as possible, you go and make something smaller and lighter still!  

Tell me, is that little lander beside it in the first photo just an extra tank for the dropships to top off their xenon from? 

Edited by Fearless Son

Very cute Cupcake! Seeing these reminded me of my Eaglet ion shuttle! That thing could go from Kerbin orbit, land on mun and return. ION POWER!

141p1qp.jpg

Did the ISP of ions change? Because this did all that with two small Xenon tanks.

EDIT" I just saw you have over 7000m/s. Have you tried to land it somewhere super tough? It is a bit sad that ION engines do not work in atmospheres any more... No more ION Duna gliders...

Edited by Majorjim

51 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

It is a bit sad that ION engines do not work in atmospheres any more... No more ION Duna gliders...

Wait, really? SQUAD, y u do dis?

So ions don't work in atmosphere, jets only work on Kerbin or Laythe, and rockets are horribly inefficient in atmosphere. Looks like we could use some stock propellor engines...

Nice dropship, I bet it works a lot better than my Dragonfly for Mun operations. Definitely way more efficient than the Dragonfly, which uses monoprop thrusters, and yours is actually compact enough to be practical, too!

Just now, pTrevTrevs said:

Wait, really? SQUAD, y u do dis?

Just now, Dafni said:

Noooo, this can't be true  ;.;

Sadly chaps, yes. They took a major hammering from the nerf hammer after version 1.0.

The trust in atmosphere is now so low as to be useless sadly. And I agree 100% they should have introduced a low power prop.

13 hours ago, Yukon0009 said:
13 hours ago, Yukon0009 said:

If you have excess amounts of torque maybe try using the HECS/OKTO core as a reaction wheel? Not very powerful but it won't wobble.

If you have excess amounts of torque maybe try using the HECS/OKTO core as a reaction wheel? Not very powerful but it won't wobble.

`Wouldn't be as much fun to fly though. ;)

12 hours ago, Fearless Son said:

Cripes, @Cupcake..., every time I think you have built something as small and light as possible, you go and make something smaller and lighter still!  

Tell me, is that little lander beside it in the first photo just an extra tank for the dropships to top off their xenon from? 

That's right, it's just a fuel dump I'm afraid.

4 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Sadly chaps, yes. They took a major hammering from the nerf hammer after version 1.0.

The trust in atmosphere is now so low as to be useless sadly. And I agree 100% they should have introduced a low power prop.

It's a shame they nerfed it so hard, I miss my ion boats. ;.;

5 hours ago, Nextjr said:

:0.0: whoa! They are teenie!!! And I love them. So cute! :huh: but I'm confused a cupcake drop ship without an amazingly produced video, I can't believe this! (Still cute as ever through cupcake keep it up) 

-Nextjr

I only knock out a video once a month these days, didn't seem fair to keep everyone waiting. :)

3 hours ago, DMSP said:

Awww, It's adorable!

Downloading.

My space agency will appreciate this!

Also, can't wait to see what you come up with for a video!

Thanks man, I enjoyed seeing the Gnat put to good use BTW. :D

squidward.jpg

Was in no way used for design inspiration.

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

The Shrimp works lovely. And the LV is surprisingly forgiving too! Nice one Sir.

After the Kerbals at Minmus Base heard about the new addition they just had to get one delivered by express dropshipping

JlbYZV1.jpg

(an action group conflict for the photo shot made the panels open a bit early in the mission)

Edit: I have to say the Shrimp is tremendous fun to fly around the surface of Minmus

re-docked to the fuel depot:

3QlrEXj.jpg

How are you guys enjoying the Shrimp? Anybody had one on Ike yet?

Edited by Dafni

21 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

Thanks man, I enjoyed seeing the Gnat put to good use BTW. :D

No problem, and it was the best ship for the Job.

It came home a bit low on fuel though! :)

You'll be seeing the Shrimp over there too.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Guerra said:

Heh, I don't think it's the greatest idea to be landing on canisters full of radioactive material.

One would assume they'd build them pretty tough to protect all the radioactive goodness withinn. :P

Cupcake...

Nice video again, man. Congrats!

Very scenic launch there, gotta love Scatterer. And some pretty good flying again, too. I love that little Shrimp, use mine a lot too... call it the Space Bike in my head. Incidentially I am working on a little ion lander myself too, but its hard to pack a lot of dV in the design I have in mind. Congrats on your well balanced craft.

The Mining rover and the lander platform on the arch are very cool too! On that rover, did you use the crew cabin as root and built outward from there?

17 hours ago, Dafni said:

Nice video again, man. Congrats!

Very scenic launch there, gotta love Scatterer. And some pretty good flying again, too. I love that little Shrimp, use mine a lot too... call it the Space Bike in my head. Incidentially I am working on a little ion lander myself too, but its hard to pack a lot of dV in the design I have in mind. Congrats on your well balanced craft.

The Mining rover and the lander platform on the arch are very cool too! On that rover, did you use the crew cabin as root and built outward from there?

Thanks man! :D Oh and I started with an ibeam further back but I guess it could be built from the crew cabin. 

Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.