What part/type of creations of KSP do you exploit/know the most about?

Columbia

As the title says, what field of KSP do you use the most? As we know, KSP has a lot of potential, not just for space exploration, but, given the wide array of parts, ocean crossings, aviation, boating, military vehicles, automobiles, and others -- and as it shows, a lot of people love exploring certain parts and some others.

For me, I often go to LKO to build space stations but I spend most of my time flying around KSC and building in the editor. So as it goes, aviation.

Personally, I love creating "odd" challenges for myself. For example, can you go to Duna only using NERVAs? Or how about stuffing a Tylo mission into a mkII cargo bay? Or a 70 cm tall Moho mission?

That's what I like the most about KSP; it allows me to explore such bizzare challenges and come up with interesting solutions to them. I'm not sure one would call that an "area" or "field" of KSP, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

I spend most of my time trying to make things that you shouldn't be able to make with the parts given with varying degrees of success.

The engineering challenges are probably my favorite part of KSP, I definitely spend more time in the VAB/SPH than I do actually flying missions or accomplishing anything.

Most times I turn the game on, I rarely go further than the runway/launchpad.

Little lander probes. :P Regular ones, ones with lots of TWR, ones with piddly TWR, ones with no reaction wheels at all, ones powered by RCS alone, ones with no propulsion at all. Landing on Kerbin, the Mun, Minmus, Duna, Eve, you get the drill. Here's one with no engine, just a heat shield (since discarded) and a parachute:

l6Bbkrm.png

EDIT: If you can say my abuse is of a certain part, then it would certainly be those tiny landing legs. :P

Edited by moogoob

I try to balance myself, however I am definitely more of a planes and ground builder. I enjoy making wild planes, and complex rovers and walkers

While I enjoy rockets a lot, most of the time they are just not as much of a challenge as other things, although i do need to explore more :wink:

This might sound a little odd at first, but I'm getting really good at building special effect ships and blowing stuff up on purpose to get cool screenshots.  I've gotten really good at clipping and hiding extra lights and engines and then using action keys and F12 to control overheating until just the right moment... then Boom!  :D 

WFRMoSt.png

yeOWiCg.png

I'm getting really good at intercepts and rescues, I like building asymmetrical things, and love cramming the maximum amount of parts into a little space without actually clipping anything functional.  Since getting the Klaw and ant engine, I can just grab entire pods and pull them into re-entry with a robot that's practically nothing but claw, probodyne,and heatshield.

So I guess my favorite thing is little probes.

Edited by Corona688

Except for interplanetary probes (it's just a matter of DeltaV), what I enjoy most is building huge motherships for manned interplanetary travels. I spend a lot of time in the editor trying to find the better and most functional design and to find a way to deliver and assemble everything in orbit.

Other than this, SSTOs are one of my passions, using FAR in every save. But in the last period I realized that all of my SSTOs are very similar and use every time the same solutions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.