100% Scale Stock Boeing 777-200ER

100% Scale Boeing 777-200ER

I present to you all.

My pride and joy

my greatest accomplishment in this game

The Boeing 777-200ER   "Ridiculousliner"

At 63.5 meters long, 64 meter wingspan, and 1668 parts. She is largest, and best looking craft I have ever produced. I can also proudly say that it is the single most detailed, and best looking triple seven ever created in KSP.

Yes it does fly, and quite good at that. However, for whatever reason all the controls are reversed. :P 

It comes equipped with Flaps, Slats, Spoilers, and Thrust reversers. along with 33,000 units of fuel to power it's massive GE90 replica engines.

Sadly there are no landing gear big enough in the stock game so it has to take off with hack gravity. It uses launch clamps in the place of gear to support the weight of the aircraft during launch.

It was built and flown in FAR and has a very low stall speed of around 70 m/s. I also fixed the weird wing problem seen in the screenshots.

VDR38sU.png

yQkg6ry.png

YgTlwEU.png

SdkMVL5.png

ZqBNrt2.png

HSSwKGv.png

qs5MrOj.png

Please give me feedback! I love to hear it!

Note: Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is REQUIRED. Or else there is not enough struts in the entire game to keep this thing from jell-ifying on launch.

Download link: https://kerbalx.com/Gman_builder/Boeing-777-200ER

Edited by Gman_builder

2 hours ago, Azimech said:

Great job! I'll post my findings when I get home.

KSP 1.1.3 rocks even with high part count, it's comparable with 0.90 level now!

Honestly, 7 FPS is absolutely playable when you consider your flying a plane with over 1600 parts. This project has given me a ton of insight into the stability of this game build and I will definitely be making more hyperrealistic replicas in the future.

Holy crap, that is.. huge.

1600 parts isn't that bad actually, I've had worse. Though the wings are a little too curved up, the detail and complexity is exceptional to say the least.

Wait, who rated this one star? That system really should be gone for good.

6 hours ago, Columbia said:

Holy crap, that is.. huge.

1600 parts isn't that bad actually, I've had worse. Though the wings are a little too curved up, the detail and complexity is exceptional to say the least.

Wait, who rated this one star? That system really should be gone for good.

Ya I agree on the wing thing. When I was building it I was more going off memory and by the time I was done I had realized it looked more like that of a 787 or 777X. Both of which look similar enough anyway. The actual wing on the 200ER is just a little bit straighter and less swept but it looks cool as heck and I didn't feel the need to redo the whole thing so I kept the design.

Wow! I am floored by that plane! It is a beautiful model, accurate to a T, and just overall the best model plane I have seen in a long time on KSP. It is obvious that a ton of work went into it, and it payed off. Boeing would be so proud!

17 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

How did I miss this?

It is a very clever build man, it looks very realistic! Have you tried using groups of landing gear to get it on the runway?

Their just not tall enough or thick enough. So if I did try using stock gear they would have to be offset significantly from the wing and it would look weird as heck.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:45 PM, Jon144 said:

Too bad it requires a mod. It's Yuuuuuuuuuuuggggeeeeeeeeeeee. :cool:

What mod?

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:01 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

SHAAA WHAAAAATTT???? Shewwweeee! Nice one!! What's her top speed?

Don't know exactly, probably decently fast though.

16 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Wow! I am floored by that plane! It is a beautiful model, accurate to a T, and just overall the best model plane I have seen in a long time on KSP. It is obvious that a ton of work went into it, and it payed off. Boeing would be so proud!

Thank you so much! I spent over a month on it from start to finish so yeah, a ton of work lol.

1 minute ago, Gman_builder said:

Their just not tall enough or thick enough. So if I did try using stock gear they would have to be offset significantly from the wing and it would look weird as heck.

What mod?

Don't know exactly, probably decently fast though.

Thank you so much! I spent over a month on it from start to finish so yeah, a ton of work lol.

I can imagine! But I bet it was fun! 

I really must click on aircraft threads more often. ;-)

Just now, Majorjim! said:

I can imagine! But I bet it was fun! 

I really must click on aircraft threads more often. ;-)

It was absolutely fun! When I first laid out the dimensions in the SPH with lengths of I-beams I thought to myself, "We're gonna need a bigger hangar."

*Subtle Jaws reference that was totally relevant*

Did you try using groups of landing gear to get it to sit on the runway? What was stopping it from doing so? 

You could try adding some kind of hard-point frame into the aircraft to mount wheels on and spread the load.

Impressive work!!  Looking at the engines, at the wings, at cabin - this is the confirmation, how using only stock parts requires kluge solutions. And by kluge, in this case, I mean genius decisions, long hard hours testing, result that at is at same time impressive and "double U, tee, eff". This is the very core of tuning - thing that somehow holds together, flies and causes jaw drops. I prefer mods - it looks good, works good, builds fast - .. but where is the fun, eh?  Really cool work, dud!

9 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Did you try using groups of landing gear to get it to sit on the runway? What was stopping it from doing so? 

You could try adding some kind of hard-point frame into the aircraft to mount wheels on and spread the load.

I can't really seem to get this point across, so load up the plane, and try to stick some of the largest gear in the game under the wing. You'll see what I mean.

6 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

Impressive work!!  Looking at the engines, at the wings, at cabin - this is the confirmation, how using only stock parts requires kluge solutions. And by kluge, in this case, I mean genius decisions, long hard hours testing, result that at is at same time impressive and "double U, tee, eff". This is the very core of tuning - thing that somehow holds together, flies and causes jaw drops. I prefer mods - it looks good, works good, builds fast - .. but where is the fun, eh?  Really cool work, dud!

Thank you so much for that comment! I personally prefer building with stock parts because it provides a bigger challenge and it seems to yield better looking results for me personally. I've honestly never seen a craft that was PARTICULARLY noteworthy that was built with heavy mods. The only mods I have are stuff like, FAR, BD, Pilot Assistant, Vessel mover, and various other useful plugins. Not much that adds parts to the game.

Just now, Gman_builder said:

I can't really seem to get this point across, so load up the plane, and try to stick some of the largest gear in the game under the wing. You'll see what I mean.

LOL sorry I forgot I already asked you that question..

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Rath said:

Get Aximech to make you some retracable decent-sized landing gear.  That guy is a KSP mechanical god.

I know. I've been talking with him for a year. There is no way gear can be produced for this plane. Even if they are retractable they will have no where to be stored. The wings are not thick enough to house the legs and they are not designed with a space inside anyway. I think the over sized hinges would just make it look really weird from underneath. When i first started making the pieces of the pane i originally made some gear that would probably fit but i determined that they would not be practical for the aircraft. Not reliable enough and not good looking. The only way i could add gear is too use tweakscale.

3 hours ago, Rath said:

you've worked on this for a year!

No, i only worked on this plane for about a month and a half. But i've been TALKING to Azimech for a year. He's the one who got me into turboprops and mechanical devices. I have a couple cars on my kerbalX profile and i held the turboprop speed record twice for a few days before Azimech beat me again :P 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.