Should there be a KSP Forums app?

Chel

Should there be a KSP Forums app?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an app version which connects you to the Forums?

• Yes
    • No

Should there be a KSP Forums app version of the site, to make it easier to just go on the forums for mobile users? One quick tap of a button, and you're there! What pros or cons would there be? Think of it: Jebediah Kerman memes 24/7! :cool:

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

I am mostly on mobile in Forums .

And it is realy a pain to work around here....

Ninjaed by LGG.

The app need more a specific functions for work in, like quoting or inbeding of links and pics.

One of the best functions would be mayby auto spoiling of pictures. Some pic heavy treads are nearly Impossible to load...

Urses

Edited by Urses

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just another app that replaces a browser.

So you simply tap on the app and it takes you to the forums, right away. Not having to go on google or safari, type in the url, or go to your history, or bookmarked pages, in my opinion, is better, and quicker.

But it's yet another app to install, maintain, possibility of additional security holes, etc.  Do you thing that whoever writes it will have the resources to fully vet it, and respond in a timely manner when a bug or security issue is found?

In my opinion, an app needs to provide functionality not available in a browser.

And, I open my browser on my phone, and it goes immediately to ksp

44 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Should there be a KSP Forums app version of the site, to make it easier to just go on the forums for mobile users? One quick tap of a button, and you're there! What pros or cons would there be? Think of it: Jebediah Kerman memes 24/7! :cool:

Some if not all mobile browsers give you the option to pin a web page to the home screen. So there you go. A mobile desktop shortcut to the forum.

My portable hand computer with a 24/7 internet connection isn't convenient enough.  I want a telepathic interface, so I can visit the forums by just thinking about it!

Wait!  Even better!  Let me visit the forums without even having to think!

Meh.

49 minutes ago, razark said:

My portable hand computer with a 24/7 internet connection isn't convenient enough.  I want a telepathic interface, so I can visit the forums by just thinking about it!

Wait!  Even better!  Let me visit the forums without even having to think!

Meh.

[Elon Musk thinks this and then takes it seriously]

I think having a forum app would just be redundant. What would make it so much more convenient than the browser that it justifies putting the extra time and effort into it?

I say they should as the functionality would be notifications. The desktop version gives out audio and possibly even windows alerts and that can alert me when something happens when I'm not looking. On a mobile browser- that's not an option.

I think that the best option would be to have the forum software chosen to provide it. Since any custom made app would likely require a transition to a different forum software which would support such an add on. So those who don't want to use the app, don't need to and continue unimpeded. However those who like to be kept in the loop more, can DL and use it.

Another function might be to add patched in IRC support.

Having read the thread, it's easy to see that people don't see the uses I do since I like being notified about activity. And as my above idea stated using a forum software that provides an app would remove any Squad side app development and technical maintenance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.