How to make configs for FS Texture Switch 2 for non-container parts

I'm trying to add texture switch to the large boosters (SRBs,Kickbacks) The buttons show up, but don't work. That also happens to the adapter. What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler

@PART[Size3LargeTank]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 1

objectNames = Size3LargeTank

textureNames = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3Tanks/FueltTanks_cm;nothke-2015_SLS_CDR_textures/FuelTank/Size3LargeTank/FueltTanks_cm

textureDisplayNames = Pre-2015;Post-2015;

nextButtonText = Next Colour
        prevButtonText = Previous Colour

statusText = Current Colour
        showPreviousButton = true
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    }        
}
@PART[Size3MediumTank]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 2

objectNames = Size3MediumTank

textureNames = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3Tanks/FueltTanks_cm;nothke-2015_SLS_CDR_textures/FuelTank/Size3MediumTank/FueltTanks_cm

textureDisplayNames = Pre-2015;Post-2015

updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    }        
}

@PART[Size3to2Adapter]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 3

objectNames = Size3to2Adapter

textureNames = Squad/Parts/Structural/Size3To2Adapter/decoupler_and_adapter_cm
;nothke-2015_SLS_CDR_textures/Structural/Size3To2Adapter/decoupler_and_adapter_cm

textureDisplayNames = Pre-2015;Post-2015

updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    }        
}
@PART[MassiveBooster]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 4

objectNames = S1 SRB-KD25k "Kickback" Solid Fuel Booster

textureNames = Squad/Parts/Engine/MassiveSRB/solid_booster_cm;nothke-2015_SLS_CDR_textures/Engine/MassiveSRB/solid_booster_cm

textureDisplayNames = Pre-2015;Post-2015;

updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    }        
}

Edited by Bottle Rocketeer 500

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 Your configs look good but there are two things I can point out:

1. I recommend that all the textures in a given switch module  should be in the same folder. (It might not be necessary but who knows)
  2. The objectName is not always that value of the name, model or mesh fields in the config. It's definitely never the value of the title field. It's the name of an item in the part's 3D model's hierarchy. If you can, install Blender and the .mu to Blender plugin available somewhere on the forum. Then you'll be able to find the objectName.

8 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) The adapter config doesn't work, what have I done wrong

You are going to make me go in the VAB aren't you , i never go in there, not sure if I still have a key/ .  I'm sure it's as I mentioned and Jade an object name issue, as the one thing in your cfg that i never do, I did and it still works

. I will see if indeed that is the correct object name and report back, if need be I'll make a dummy cfg and try it myself, it should not be this hard, but gettin the right object name can take some doing, fortunately it's all simple parts

BBs

:)

I have returned bearing an answer or two a question and gifts

So as I mentioned in the end much easier to make a little mini mod  and see what was happening, copied your exact cfg from the post,  changed the texture path, created a folder and dropped patch and textures in there, started game. 

when i eventually  found the part ( 300 items in structural)  It clearly showed stock texture , all good so far, plop it on a handy craft. 

still good , swap colors . yup good,

BUT it wont switch back to stock, it'll do the hack textures but not back to the stock one,

Now i know that FSTS2 has issue if all the textures are not the same size, could it be that the textures have to also be the same format? as that was the only thing that was different, mine png Squads dds. same physical size although very different file sizes.

SO as it goes the patch is basically sound, we knew that anyway.  But how about these texture sizes and formats ? If it's not that, the last straw to clutch at is the underscores, replace with periods and see what happens. 

and the gifts, the mini mod will make it a lot easier to nail the problem if you don't need to wade through files to do it. just your patch and a couple of textures https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6eowzx9kf5qc8q/x3to2.zip?dl=0

Spoiler

zlLn247.png

afw8HRK.png

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I have returned bearing an answer or two a question and gifts

So as I mentioned in the end much easier to make a little mini mod  and see what was happening, copied your exact cfg from the post,  changed the texture path, created a folder and dropped patch and textures in there, started game. 

when i eventually  found the part ( 300 items in structural)  It clearly showed stock texture , all good so far, plop it on a handy craft. 

still good , swap colors . yup good,

BUT it wont switch back to stock, it'll do the hack textures but not back to the stock one,

Now i know that FSTS2 has issue if all the textures are not the same size, could it be that the textures have to also be the same format? as that was the only thing that was different, mine png Squads dds. same physical size although very different file sizes.

SO as it goes the patch is basically sound, we knew that anyway.  But how about these texture sizes and formats ? If it's not that, the last straw to clutch at is the underscores, replace with periods and see what happens. 

and the gifts, the mini mod will make it a lot easier to nail the problem if you don't need to wade through files to do it. just your patch and a couple of textures https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6eowzx9kf5qc8q/x3to2.zip?dl=0

Reveal hidden contents

zlLn247.png

afw8HRK.png

I have had issues with varying file formats in the past too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.