The Official Kerbin Cup Tournament Thread - Final Entries Posted

Rowsdower

Where did you find out Reddit won?

Rowsdower mentioned it in this week's Devnote Tuesday.

Anyway, congratulations to Kerb-O-Nautix, and comiserations to Crotchety Old Modders. Both entries were great - it must have been a very tough decision.

I have to say I envy the forum's loyalty. I'll bet hardly any redditors even know we won!

Maybe it was the Kerbalesque style of our submission that gave us bonus points with the devs, but in the end, even if it was made to look easy, my teammates' talent for efficient design and navigation really showed. I know I couldn't have done it!

I don't imagine we won by any big margin. Wouldn't have wanted to make the decision myself, but hey! In the end, it's all low-stakes fun and games.

*Slow clap* it was a fun tournament and I admire everyone's sportsmanship. :D Ya'll are great!

Edited by iClarion

It was a hell of a tournament, and you guys put on a really awesome show, both teams. I'm kind of glad I didn't get picked to participate! As to who won, not knowing what went into the decision and the two challenges being so radically different, I wouldn't even know where to start to talk about it, so I'll just say I don't care much about the result. If Reddit's chore was more "KSP" because it had no mods and that helped them.. well, good for them for cleverly accepting an "easier" hob! I still got to see a Saturn C-8 doing his stuff.

Rune. :Joins the clapping:

I have to say I envy the forum's loyalty...but hey! In the end, it's all low-stakes fun and games.

*Slow clap* it was a fun tournament and I admire everyone's sportsmanship. :D Ya'll are great!

And THIS statement is why this forum is awesome. We can happily say "I wish we won but it doesn't really matter, and it was fun anyways". I doubt seeing this statement in any old internet forum. :D

*Joins slow clap too*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ââ€Â»Ã¢â€Âââ€Â»

And that too.

I agree that the forum team should have won. Their entry was far more imaginative and inspiring, and IMO required more creative effort; the writing alone was impressive, and just look at the resizing and texture work done on the MK3 cockpit for the Dyna-Soar. Maybe it was the difference between showcasing the game itself and showcasing what the game could be...

Anyway, the Reddit team's entry was pretty impressive in itself, so congrats! Great competition all around!

Hearty congratulations to the reddit team--and indeed to all the teams. It was a ton of fun doing this stuff.

Note: As we are Crotchety Old Modders, we will of course be releasing a mod (that includes all the stuff we made for the final entry). Stay tuned.

Hearty congratulations to the reddit team--and indeed to all the teams. It was a ton of fun doing this stuff.

Note: As we are Crotchety Old Modders, we will of course be releasing a mod (that includes all the stuff we made for the final entry). Stay tuned.

O_O

nVFupFr.gif

Super cool!

Great work on the challenge mate. Did you make the modded parts you used??

GREAT JOB GUYS!!! I think we all need a pat on the back for what was made by all of us. I think our computers would have needed a rest from all of the massive creations that we have all made over the time.

-L3GO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.