[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

3 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

The Return of RemoteTech Noob PT. 2

I all, I caught the thread where folks were talking about the bug with RT and the Science Labs [unable to transmit science] and that there was a modified .dll , when I downloaded, tested and it works!

So, why the forum post?

I am glad that someone asked, my 'hand held aka very forgiving' version of RT, I have the ability to manipulate the probes that are not connected, with this new .dll, it changes that.

So, I can either not be able to send science from the labs and be able to re-task probes that are 'not talking' or the reverse, is there something that I might be able to do, so that I can have both?

Oh, if this was already talked about and covered, sorry - I just started using RT about 2 weeks ago.

If you had Remote Tech XF then the dll replaced it with the regular version. If this was the case then you need to get the Remote Tech XF version with the fix included.

I actually don't know if there's some other way you could have manipulated the probes without connection (and even with XF you can only use the antennae).

2 hours ago, Varsi said:

I actually don't know if there's some other way you could have manipulated the probes without connection (and even with XF you can only use the antennae).

There's something maybe called RT Probe control (it's on CKAN) which is literally just a MM cfg that enables controlling everything (or more precisely disables RT) without connection, so connection only affects science transmission. I often use it for testing stuff in my testing save.

And of course, the legit side is, flight computer can set command delays, so probe can at least execute a command while without connection.

7 hours ago, Tfin said:

I have three satellites in orbit of Kerbin, each with a Communotron 16 and a DTS-M1 (which shouldn't figure into this, they are set to target active vessel).

I had the network stable at .75Mm (750,000m) and wanted to move it out closer to, but still WELL WITHIN, the C.16's 2.5Mm range. So I did the math, and found that my triangle could move out to 1.4Mm.

To be safe, I stopped at 1.2Mm, with everything moving out at the same time to keep in formation, and... everything lost comms except the one in range of KSC. Where did I go wrong?

1.2Mm is too far out for just 3 Comm16s.... The problem is, in that orbit, the LoS distance between te sats is 3.1177Mm... Well outside the Comm16 LoS range of 2.5Mm... With a 3sat Comm16 constellation, max orbit is just about 800km... (thats 2.425Mm LoS between sats)... Also, any further, and its not really worth it, because your OUTER stable range for the 16's is not much further out than the alttitude they are in...I usually keep 3 sat relays in relatively low orbits because of this...

You COULD repurpose the dishes, to point at each sats' neighbor sat, and just live with the omnis picking up active vessels (also when active vessel falls within the dishes cone)...
EDIT: Scratch that... You would need at least TWO dishes on the sat over KSC...

Or, just move the sats back down to 800km, and put up 4 NEW sats for higher up...

Here's a website that will help you immensely with this:

https://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

Edited by Stone Blue

Hi guys.

I'm having an issue that I'm not sure is just my misunderstanding of how this works, or a bug due to my mod-list.

Any time I am using a manned vessel, I am unable to transmit data for any science experiments.  I have my CommSat system set up and fully functional, and have no problems with unmanned probes, but manned always lists the connection as "Local Control", and will not transmit anything, not even when I am using a rover at the KSC itself.  I have tried various combinations of omni-directionals/dishes connected to different parts of my network, and nothing seems to change.

I assume this is not supposed to be the case, but I have not found any information anywhere regarding the connection of manned vessels, except stating that manned vessels can still be controlled without a connection.

My mod list is:-

Spoiler

[x] Science! (xScience 4.12)
Active Texture Management - X86 - Aggressive (ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Aggressive 5-0)
Asteroid Day (AsteroidDay 1.0.5)
Canadian Flags (CanadianFlags 1.0)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 1.4)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.4.8.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 2.3)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.9.3.1)
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor (ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.4.2)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.1)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.1.4)
Contract Pack: Grand Tours (ContractConfigurator-GrandTours 1:0.1.10)
Contract Pack: Historic Missions (ContractConfigurator-HistoricMissions 1.6.4)
Contract Pack: RemoteTech (ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech 2.0.1)
Contract Pack: Rover Missions Redux (ContractConfigurator-RoverMissionsRedux 0.1.3)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.3.0)
Contract Reward Modifier (ContractRewardModifier 2.1)
Contract Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 5.5)
Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v3.0.2)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.3.0)
DangIt! (DangIt 0.6.2)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.1)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.2)
Ferram Aerospace Research (FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.5.4)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 0.9.8-1882)
Firespitter (Firespitter v7.1.5)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.1.5)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.1.5)
JebediahKerman42's Procedural Parts Textures a.k.a. FreedomTex (FreedomTex 1.5.1)
Karbonite (Karbonite 1:0.6.6.0)
KarbonitePlus (KarbonitePlus 0.5.2.0)
Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KAX) (KerbalAircraftExpansion 1:KAX_v2.6.1.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.5.0.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.5.5)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.2.3)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.5.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.2.0.0)
MechJeb Modules for FAR (MechJebFARExt 1.0.0)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.2.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.17)
No More Science Grinding (NMSG 1.3)
Pilot Assistant (PilotAssistant 1.12.4)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.4.2)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.4.2)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings v3.15)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v1.1.11)
Procedural Wings (ProceduralDynamics 0.10.1)
QuickScroll (QuickScroll v1.32)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch v1.14)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor v0.24.2.1)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core v0.24.2.1)
RemoteTech (RemoteTech v1.6.9)
SCANsat (SCANsat v14.6)
SETI-BalanceMod (SETI-BalanceMod 0.9.5.2)
SETI-CommunityTechTree (SETI-CommunityTechTree 0.9.5.1)
SETI-Contracts (SETI-Contracts 0.9.4)
SETI-Greenhouse (SETI-Greenhouse 0.9.3)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 4.4.2.0)
Spacetux Shared Assets (SpacetuxSA 0.3.9.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.6.2)
Stock Bug Fix Modules & StockPlus (StockBugFixPlus v1.0.5a.3)
Take Command (TakeCommand 1.3)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer 2.4.11)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.10)
Trajectories (Trajectories v1.4.5)
Universal Storage (UniversalStorage 1.1.0.8)
USI Core (USI-Core 0.1.2.0)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:0.31.12.0)
USI Life Support (USI-LS 0.2.1.0)
USI Tools (USITools 0.5.4.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.4.4)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

On 1/16/2016 at 8:20 PM, Stone Blue said:

1.2Mm is too far out for just 3 Comm16s.... The problem is, in that orbit, the LoS distance between te sats is 3.1177Mm... Well outside the Comm16 LoS range of 2.5Mm... With a 3sat Comm16 constellation, max orbit is just about 800km... (thats 2.425Mm LoS between sats)... Also, any further, and its not really worth it, because your OUTER stable range for the 16's is not much further out than the alttitude they are in...I usually keep 3 sat relays in relatively low orbits because of this...

You COULD repurpose the dishes, to point at each sats' neighbor sat, and just live with the omnis picking up active vessels (also when active vessel falls within the dishes cone)...
EDIT: Scratch that... You would need at least TWO dishes on the sat over KSC...

Or, just move the sats back down to 800km, and put up 4 NEW sats for higher up...

Here's a website that will help you immensely with this:

https://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

Fortunately, I had another (overengineered) satellite in a higher orbit that had been placed to target the Mun. I've dropped it down, turned off one of its dishes, and am aligning it in orbit with the others at 1.2Mm. Thanks.

Dear all

I have reinstalled KSP and am trying to install remote tech but it doesn't seem to be working.  All I have done is downloaded the field as per usual and placed it in my game data folder.

Has anything change recently with remote tech or KSP that means it requires something differently to be done?

EDIT:  Ignore me, it seems I didn't have module manager installed which I think it the problem, all working now.

Edited by gredawarha

Is there an easy way to make kerbin not obstruct KSC comms link, like if they had some equipment build all over the planet? I like the concept but would rather pass on setting up a perfect keosynchronous sat network etc. Setting up additional centres in config is working fine but I'm still losing contant on low-altitude drones.

I know this is not realistic and all but I would still heavily prefer it, have anyone heard of way to make it happen?

3 hours ago, dzikakulka said:

Is there an easy way to make kerbin not obstruct KSC comms link, like if they had some equipment build all over the planet? I like the concept but would rather pass on setting up a perfect keosynchronous sat network etc. Setting up additional centres in config is working fine but I'm still losing contant on low-altitude drones.

I know this is not realistic and all but I would still heavily prefer it, have anyone heard of way to make it happen?

You could try the Kerbin-Side Ground Stations stand-alone mod... Though it DOES also require KerbalKonstructs to be installed...

2 hours ago, dzikakulka said:

Yemo made a RT patch for Kerbin ground stations in his SETI tech tree mod. The patch is downloadable separate from the tree.

is it possible to add in a feature where i single kerbed vessel can controla nearby, say 2 or so kilometers, vessel without an entire remote command station, with 6 kerbals? i dont think its too hard too imagine a kerbal piloting a remote vessel with a antenna with its own antenna and visual sight from pod windows, so i dont see why it would be unbalanced.

I keep loosing sats/probes when on an unconnected maneuver node due to them following the target around in circles at the very end of the burn, and using up all their fuel. what am I doing wrong?

Edited by se5a

Just to be clear up front - Yes I have all the latest updates with all the fixes so everything is working as intended except the Pioneer Antenna from FASA.

After reading through the RemoteTech website, the FASA thread, and a web search I can see no reason for the Pioneer Probe Antenna to have no range restriction. And looking at the config file in the RemoteTech folder there is a Pioneer Probe core entry but no Pioneer antenna entry allowing that antenna to have a range of infinity.

For a quick fix I just copied the Agena entry and changed the file name and description name - Working as a short range omni antenna now (or should this be a dish?).

Really looking for antenna gurus to could look at the numbers and suggest a better config setup that would make it unique.

I've been having issues with the M700 Survey Scanner and google tells me it's one of two addons breaking it. Either Science Alert! Or Remote Tech. I deleted Science Alert and I'm still having issues.

The issue is no matter what Polar orbit I put my satellite in it will not scan or reveal ore on the surface of the planet. I perform the scan and it transmits to Kerbin the results but nothing happens after that. How do I fix this?
I have a stable connection to my satellite network and I have other satellites that have completed Low, Hi, and Multi scans of the surface. But for some reason the resource scanners do not work at all.

Mods Installed:
DistantObject
KerbalEngineer
KSP-AVC
PreciseNode
RCSBuildAid
RemoteTech
SCANsat
Squad
Trajectories
TriggerTech (KerbalAlarmClock/TransferPlannerWindow)
ModuleManager.2.6.18

18 hours ago, se5a said:

I keep loosing sats/probes when on an unconnected maneuver node due to them following the target around in circles at the very end of the burn, and using up all their fuel. what am I doing wrong?

This is driving me nuts. does noone else have this problem? are my sats overpowered? the smallest engines I've got are 909s, but I guess I could thrust limit them.. or do I need more reaction wheels? 

The sat gets close to the end of its maneuver burn and the maneuver target starts moving, the flight computer doesn't seem to calculate for this and just keeps burning while trying to chase the target around till it runs out of fuel. 

I thought maybe this: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/29 was what was happening, but the last one I ensured that I set it to follow node and execute after I'd finished messing with the manuver node. 

hey does anyone think itll be easy/ hard to have a module manager patch that converts data transmitter part modules into RT antenna modules? it doesent have to be too complicated- just take the 2 or so values that are present in the data transmitter modules and port them over to the RT antenna module? and if theres a part with both modules, get rid of the data transmitter modules? i just want to have parts that are RT compatible, infact a simple data-transmitter part module pruner would be good too, if a more complex module manager patch is too difficult or impossible.

Hey, can anyone help me?

I have the issue that none of the RemoteTech dishes are available to me, they just dont appear anywhere (not in carrear nor in sandbox). I only have the KSP standard dishes.

I have reinstalled RemoteTech several times, even through CKAN and I have the latest modmanager.

I just dont know what to do anymore :(

On 22.1.2016 at 8:58 PM, se5a said:

The sat gets close to the end of its maneuver burn and the maneuver target starts moving, the flight computer doesn't seem to calculate for this and just keeps burning while trying to chase the target around till it runs out of fuel. 

That happens afaik if CoT doesn't go through CoM

4 hours ago, readyFORafk said:

yes, all the dipoles are massless/physicsless

nope, I had to MM mine to add that. And just to check I wasn't using an old config I opened the latest download and looked at the DP-10 cfg and there is no physicssignificance parameter. If you want it massless use this:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
    OmniRange = 1
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    name = ModuleRTAntenna
    Mode1OmniRange = 1
    EnergyCost = 1
    Mode1OmniRange = 1
    Mode1DishRange = 1
}

// tweakscale antenna
@PART[RTShortAntenna1]
{
  PhysicsSignificance = 1
  %MODULE[TweakScale]
  {
    type = free
  }
}

As a bonus I kept in my TweakScale config that reduces the antenna range with size