[KSP 1.8.1] SCANsat [v19.1] -- Dev version [February 20, 2020]

DMagic

On 4/28/2020 at 12:25 AM, Virtualgenius said:

Looking really forward to the new release its very good  @DMagic would it be possible to have the mechjeb landing icon back in the zoom map please

https://imgur.com/a/HvaOe#nE0BlA8

Super cool. Sad that i don't use mechjeb here anymore. To heavy and i like Stock "manually" controls in the present.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, a question, I grabbed the latest dev files to get ahead and installed, now when in external view I no longer see icons for my ships at a distance, etc. Like if  a rover and turning to look at the horizon I typically would see the lander, and the experiments, etc, with a distance to them or allowing me to target them.

I'm only asking if possible I did something to bork it, I can remove my scansat folder from gamedata and retry with 19.3 to re-check.

F4 is no use, because I already have the navball and UI in external view, this was the only thing I was fooling with today.   :)

UPDATE: Fixed it, it was turned off in main settings, have no clue as to how ....

Just of note, the BTBT sensor, love it but on the mun surface at SL 4033m the scanner says I'm too high, shouldn't it be going by AGL, not SL ?  :)

Edited by RW-1

More general question - how do I take the dev branch build files on GitHub and make a working version of ScanSat in game?  I know this a bit off topic and would appreciate it if you could even point me to some other thread or procedure to do this.

The latest source code on the dev branch is not generally meant for use. It is frequently in a development state and may not be stable. The dev release builds are the most current stable builds.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:58 PM, DMagic said:

The latest source code on the dev branch is not generally meant for use. It is frequently in a development state and may not be stable. The dev release builds are the most current stable builds.

Thanks man.  I appreciate the reply.

I am using SCANsat Version 18.14, with KSP 1.8.1.

I have stock scanning turned off (narrow band disabled) and stock scan threshold set to 90%, Kerbin has been completely scanned by by a multi-spec and RADAR modules, but no resources are showing up on the map overlays. 

I have gone all through the wiki and reddit looking for answers.

The wiki says under the stock scan threshold section:

When stock resource scanning is disabled this option to control the stock resource scan will appear.

• The percentage shown is a threshold value for the SCANsat M700 resource scan
  • This function can be disabled to prevent all stock resource scans
  • When this level is reached the stock resource scan will be performed automatically
  • The text box can be used to enter a new value for the threshold

This should mean that once I get to the scan threshold, I should have resource data per the "stock resource scan", right?

I should at least be getting data for Ore, if nothing else. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Smurfalot

Version 20.0 is out, check out the release thread for details.

Most of the issues from the dev version have been fixed: the MechJeb integration should be functioning again, Breaking Ground surface features should be detected and displayed properly, and there have been some fixes and changes to resource scanning.

@Smurfalot It sounds like you didn't scan with the resource scanners. There are dedicated low and high resolution resource scanners. The stock scan threshold value is taken from the low resolution resource scan, so once you scan more than 90% of the surface for low resolution resources, the stock resource scan will also be completed, allowing for use of the stock resource overlays and maps.