[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Interesting, didn't see this myself. I'll let you and rbray discuss this :P 

Ok I'm getting a black kerbin now from scaledSpace, I'm working on it.

Edited: @Nhawks17 when you get the planets half-visible like in those screens you posted, can you confirm that changing the settings in the UI (scale, alpha etc) does nothing?

Edited by blackrack

3 hours ago, blackrack said:

Ok I'm getting a black kerbin now from scaledSpace, I'm working on it.

Edited: @Nhawks17 when you get the planets half-visible like in those screens you posted, can you confirm that changing the settings in the UI (scale, alpha etc) does nothing?

Sorry, just saw your edit. I can confirm that changing the settings does nothing.

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Sorry, just saw your edit. I can confirm that changing the settings does nothing.

Alright, a simple recompile for the new KSP build seems to have done it.

Please try it and confirm it works so i can update the main downloads: https://mega.nz/#!fNhAlIRT!e8BC0Z1uPBaYmsyYeZbhgmkmBf8YFRWDKjjbEoLLdhY 

Also, some of the shader files have changed slightly since the last public release and have been included, as the old ones wouldn't work with the new .dll.

6 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Alright, a simple recompile for the new KSP build seems to have done it.

Please try it and confirm it works so i can update the main downloads: https://mega.nz/#!fNhAlIRT!e8BC0Z1uPBaYmsyYeZbhgmkmBf8YFRWDKjjbEoLLdhY 

Also, some of the shader files have changed slightly since the last public release and have been included, as the old ones wouldn't work with the new .dll.

Still happening for me :( Eve and Kerbin are pitch black and Jool and Duna are suffering from the offset scatterer layer

KSP.log

output_log.txt

I ran into a bit of an odd issue with Scatterer last night. When I ended a mission, I would be unable to use any of the building screens (Mission Control, Kerbonaut Complex, R&D Center...). The window would initially open, but then start flickering whenever I moved the mouse. I removed Scatterer and the issue went away, but I'd really like to be able to put it back, as it makes everything look so much nicer.

Kerbal Space Program - 1.1.0.1196 x64
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4)
RAM: 8153
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (1989MB)

After i test today new eve version & post a wrong issue in wrong place, @rbray89  mea culpa , getting sloppy coz hey making test with out drink any coffe is baaad idea, were is my coffe my sweeet coofeee (golum voice), i was decide to dig more & in end i found 1196 + Scatter create wierd shadow. I seen this issue appear in 1196 but at that time i was concern by other problem & from reading your post i was not want to post about belive a new version it will be release aka better to wait a litle but now coz i make that mistake in eve section i was decide to adress to you :)

A. Test done with:
Scatterer v1.0.5939.25400 + CompiledAtmosphericScatter.shader extra file use what fix horizon dots
Eve: v1.5.5946.5364
Stock Visual Enhancements v0.5.8 Ultra Resolution
DistantObject v1.7.0.19328
AmbientLightAdjustment v2.5.6.3
PlanetShine v1.0.5938.30099

O6rle6W.png

B. Test with Scatterer + GCMonitor + MM what confirm this is came from Scatter, if i remove Scatter problem is gone

WDGctZ7.png

logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3RHBNMHRpclhyVDA/view?usp=sharing

p.s. i am still zombi cooz noo coffe & damn parrot was succed to get out from his room, lesson learn do not doo test with out drink coofffeeee!!!

30 minutes ago, Blacks said:

Kerbal Space Program - 1.1.0.1196 x64
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4)
RAM: 8153
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (1989MB)

After i test today new eve version & post a wrong issue in wrong place, @rbray89  mea culpa , getting sloppy coz hey making test with out drink any coffe is baaad idea, were is my coffe my sweeet coofeee (golum voice), i was decide to dig more & in end i found 1196 + Scatter create wierd shadow. I seen this issue appear in 1196 but at that time i was concern by other problem & from reading your post i was not want to post about belive a new version it will be release aka better to wait a litle but now coz i make that mistake in eve section i was decide to adress to you :)

A. Test done with:
Scatterer v1.0.5939.25400 + CompiledAtmosphericScatter.shader extra file use what fix horizon dots
Eve: v1.5.5946.5364
Stock Visual Enhancements v0.5.8 Ultra Resolution
DistantObject v1.7.0.19328
AmbientLightAdjustment v2.5.6.3
PlanetShine v1.0.5938.30099

B. Test with Scatterer + GCMonitor + MM what confirm this is came from Scatter, if i remove Scatter problem is gone

logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3RHBNMHRpclhyVDA/view?usp=sharing

p.s. i am still zombi cooz noo coffe & damn parrot was succed to get out from his room, lesson learn do not doo test with out drink coofffeeee!!!

This is a limitation of godrays, only fix atm is to disable them or to just get used to it and ignore them.

13 hours ago, SaintWacko said:

I ran into a bit of an odd issue with Scatterer last night. When I ended a mission, I would be unable to use any of the building screens (Mission Control, Kerbonaut Complex, R&D Center...). The window would initially open, but then start flickering whenever I moved the mouse. I removed Scatterer and the issue went away, but I'd really like to be able to put it back, as it makes everything look so much nicer.

Need more information here, any logs?

9 minutes ago, blackrack said:

This is a limitation of godrays, only fix atm is to disable them or to just get used to it and ignore them.

ok noo problem i can live with them around :)  how i say initial i was not want to point to them special they was kick in with damn 1196 build, what it pist me off like ... but better I keep my mouth shut
p.s. now i hug a pretios sweeeet coffee :cool::cool::cool:

First off: Great mod and together with Stock Visual Enhancements KSP is breathtakingly beautiful! Great work.

I tried to read all the posts to find out if the problem with the ground textures is still there (look at picture below):

aFo0OtS.jpg

Is the solution here still to turn off Terrain Shadows or is there another fix? I couldn't tell by reading prevous posts. Thank you in advance for a short answer.

7 minutes ago, hoover2701 said:

First off: Great mod and together with Stock Visual Enhancements KSP is breathtakingly beautiful! Great work.

I tried to read all the posts to find out if the problem with the ground textures is still there (look at picture below):

aFo0OtS.jpg

Is the solution here still to turn off Terrain Shadows or is there another fix? I couldn't tell by reading prevous posts. Thank you in advance for a short answer.

As of right now,  yes it's the only fix.  

48 minutes ago, hoover2701 said:

As long as dx11 remains broken, this is the only fix.

On the upside your game looks like it has dunes.

Edited by blackrack

Hello I am a first time Scatterer user thanks to 1.1 now being 64bit on Mac. First off I can't imagine you get tired of hearing this....this mod is gorgeous! I have always wanted to use it but having a MBP my computer really couldn't handle it. Now with 64bit I am excited to add it to my save file. I have looked back quite a few pages and i have not seen this issue reported. So I apologize if has already been reported. I am seeing a pink square on the launchpad and runway. It shows up at other odd times and usually too fast for me to catch a screen shot. But it does consistently happen on the launchpad and runway. It definitely doesn't happen without scatterer installed. Thanks for this great mod keep up the great work.

Mid 2012 MBP OSX El Capitan

Scatterer Version 0.0242

KSP.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcybc65bdg6owx6/KSP.log?dl=0

Player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

EDIT: It seems that the Lens Flare Shader seems to be the culprit. Turning it off seems to fix the pink box. Awesome!

Edited by sp1989

1 hour ago, sp1989 said:

EDIT: It seems that the Lens Flare Shader seems to be the culprit. Turning it off seems to fix the pink box. Awesome!

This issue pops up from time to time, mostly for OpengGL users (mac/linux), not sure what really causes it but with OpenGL support for windows broken It's hard for me to pinpoint the issue.

Ok. So is it the Lens Flare Shader and OpenGL? Or just OpenGL. Turning off the lens flare shader did the trick the pink box is gone. One other thing I am noticing though is graphics glitch when staging. Whenever I stage the screen kinda glitches. I don't know how to describe it. Its kinda blink and you will miss it thing and too fast to get a screen shot of. The screen doesn't exactly go black but I suppose I could describe it as large  transparent artifacts showing up on the left side and top right of the screen whenever I stage. Again its really fast and they don't stay. Staging in space its all normal really it only happens during takeoff. I am not too concerned about it because again it really fast and it only happens during takeoff. But I just feel I should report it and maybe other people are experiencing this too. 

On 12/04/2016 at 7:46 AM, blackrack said:

Need more information here, any logs?

I reinstalled it last night in order to get some logs, and the issue hasn't happened again, so I'm not sure what was going on. If it pops up again, I'll let you know.

12 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Ok. So is it the Lens Flare Shader and OpenGL? Or just OpenGL. Turning off the lens flare shader did the trick the pink box is gone. One other thing I am noticing though is graphics glitch when staging. Whenever I stage the screen kinda glitches. I don't know how to describe it. Its kinda blink and you will miss it thing and too fast to get a screen shot of. The screen doesn't exactly go black but I suppose I could describe it as large  transparent artifacts showing up on the left side and top right of the screen whenever I stage. Again its really fast and they don't stay. Staging in space its all normal really it only happens during takeoff. I am not too concerned about it because again it really fast and it only happens during takeoff. But I just feel I should report it and maybe other people are experiencing this too. 

Haven't used OpenGL in a while (pre-1.0) but from what I remember, anytime you have odd magenta things happening, it's a safe bet to assume it has something to do with OpenGL. I think, when I was using OpenGL, the rotate gizmo was the normal 3 circles, but instead of them wrapping around an invisible sphere, they were wrapped around a magenta sphere.

This is the graphics glitch i was talking about. It only happens at staging and again its really quick and doesn't cause a crash or really effect the performance of the game. However its still not normal and should happen because it doesn't happen in stock KSP. Sorry there is no sound just watch for the staging.

7 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

This is the graphics glitch i was talking about. It only happens at staging and again its really quick and doesn't cause a crash or really effect the performance of the game. However its still not normal and should happen because it doesn't happen in stock KSP. Sorry there is no sound just watch for the staging.

Are you sure that is Scatterer doing that? It looks like a UI bug which wouldn't be caused by Scatterer.

Just now, GrugInAus said:

Are you sure that is Scatterer doing that? It looks like a UI bug which wouldn't be caused by Scatterer.

Scatterer is the only mod I have installed and it doesn't happen when the game is stock. 

Scatterer is the only mod I have installed and it doesn't happen when the game is stock. 

Did you change the UI scale in KSP's settings?  I just switched it from 100% to 120% and this bug just happened for the first time.  Does not happen for me at 100% UI scale.

Edited by Veevee