The stock parts that you never ever ever use/hate.

ron1n1

I would say maybe the not-rockomax micronode because I can't seem to get it to actually connect to anything, much less surface attach it where it would likely be used.

Also, where's the Rockomax micronode? It just seemed like there's supposed to be a similar looking micronode laying around that's by Rockomax.

I don't think I have ever used a stack separator.

those are very useful when you decide to launch multiple probes on 1 launcher, each probe stacked on top of the other. It allows you to detach the probes one by one without having the used decoupler attached to the next probe below :)

I would say maybe the not-rockomax micronode because I can't seem to get it to actually connect to anything, much less surface attach it where it would likely be used.

Also, where's the Rockomax micronode? It just seemed like there's supposed to be a similar looking micronode laying around that's by Rockomax.

The corresponding Rockomax part is the HubMax. They're both can be confusing to use because they have six nodes but only two work to attach the hubmax/micronode to another part. Add in that they stop symmetry from working and they weigh too much and it's easy to see why they're not used often. That said I find the Micronode works well to build a probe rover around, provided it's oriented the right way it makes it easy to attach the rover to a decoupler and the extra weight helps the traction.

Stayputnik probe core; too hard to make it do anything without SAS :(

Rovemate rover body; better to build rover bodies out of mini girders for more attachment nodes!

Oscar tanks and ant engines; monoprop always seems the better option...

MK3 fuselages :P They're lovely to look at, but they need supporting parts and serious reinforcement. Falling apart on the runway is not fun.

Radial engine bodies; for some reason, FAR assigns them massive drag, so I leave them off my SSTOs now.

Using mods like DRE, NEAR, TACLS, stage recovery and RT2 give me reasons to use almost all the parts at one point or another. The radial engines can be useful when your landing/return stage needs to bring back more than just a capsule... this way you can fit a heatshield under it (in place of an inline engine).

I never used the Oscar fuel tank, the rockomax 48-7s unless I'm testing, rockomax radial engine, octagonal strut, 2x3 solar panel, any solar panel with the casing, NCS Adaptor, the first mobility enhancer (ladders are way cooler) and some wings because I don't get how you're supposed to put them on

My only problem with the Not-Rockomax micro thingy is that it usually doesn't work - most of the time all the nodes just disappear after placing, making it useless. I would see some uses for it if it worked consistently.

This... I don't think I've ever gotten that part to work correctly so now I just don't even bother trying it anymore.

This... I don't think I've ever gotten that part to work correctly so now I just don't even bother trying it anymore.

Someone here has said that it has one special "placing" node that you have to use to place the part - if you do, the other nodes stay, if you don't, they disappear. Still, way too troublesome for the player to figure out which node is the right one every time he wants to use the part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.