Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

BTW for those concerned, I DO know how to time accelerate. I probably should have mentioned that when I first posted since I sort of saw it coming. The thing is, I don't like timewarping too much at a time without doing some kind of mission or maneuver (more than a few days) out of pity for the poor bored kerbals back in the base. And going 180 days one week at a time takes a while.

Lunar eclipse?

Aye. googling "6585 eclipse" should sort the rest of it out in short order.

Best,

-Slashy

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this is coming out to be a date or something... If so, I am not waiting until August for 1.0. -_-

EDIT:

That's what it looks like.

It's not. It's a countdown.

Best,

-Slashy

There's a strange countdown timer at the top of GeoGuessr.com saying "The great journey continues in 08:00:36:23..."

I don't think this is a coincidence.

Thing is, what would they possibly partner with SQUAD for?

Hmmmmm..... This is odd. Now it's 07:23:05:00....

This could be KSP's countdown timer... But I don't know why it would be here either.

(Oh, BTW:)

oIJO9xd.png

I'm still putting my money on something related to photography after doing some research on the first images clues. The second has me stumped for now.

Sorry?

Are you trying to solve the countdown riddles on your own? If so, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Best,

-Slashy

There's a strange countdown timer at the top of GeoGuessr.com saying "The great journey continues in 08:00:36:23..."

I don't think this is a coincidence.

Thing is, what would they possibly partner with SQUAD for?

Wait... why would a countdown timer at some other random site be related to this?

Wait... why would a countdown timer at some other random site be related to this?

Could be maxmaps trolling us because people always complain that they never use the forums for some teases/announcements. :P

"Fine, i'll announce it at GeoGuessr" -Maxmaps

Could be maxmaps trolling us because people always complain that they never use the forums for some teases/announcements. :P

"Fine, i'll announce it at GeoGuessr" -Maxmaps

Probably tongue in cheek, but doubtful if not.

You don't get your hype train rolling where nobody's expected to see it. That's also bad PR.

Best,

-Slashy

Sorry?

Are you trying to solve the countdown riddles on your own? If so, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Best,

-Slashy

Slashy if you have any idea what the riddles mean, please share with me/PM me! I'm not trying to solve them all by myself, I'm just guessing based off 10 minutes of research :P

EDIT:

And what the heck is up with all the numbers! The ones in the first clue actually made sense to me but the rest!?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Gotta be a massive coincidence.

Can't find anything on their twitter or facebook about some upcoming update, though they were updating maps last month.

What is the coincidence, even? KSP has an update coming in a few days, and some other random website has a countdown to around the same time? I'm starting a new job that day, maybe they're counting down to that!

Slashy if you have any idea what the riddles mean, please share with me/PM me! I'm not trying to solve them all by myself, I'm just guessing based off 10 minutes of research :P

EDIT:

And what the heck is up with all the numbers! The ones in the first clue actually made sense to me but the rest!?

Sure. It's common knowledge here, so I'm not spoiling anything. The answers thus far have been "Apollo 10", "Venera 9" and "Saros cycle 8". We are therefore confident that tomorrow's answer will be "something-or-other 7".

The first riddle, posted 2 days ago:

A capsule over the Mun with the crew being "L.Gordon Kerman, Jr" "Donn F. Kerman" and "Edgar Kerman". Their being over the Mun denotes a connection, and those names are weird for KSP. Googling the names gives you Gordo Cooper, Don Eisley, and Ed Mitchell. The only time those 3 were together was as the backup crew for Apollo 10 and the altitude was Apollo 10's CPA to the lunar surface.

Next riddle was yesterday and somewhat trickier.

An orbiter named Mares and a lander named Envision at Eve with a bunch of numbers on the mission clock. Envision and Eve both point to Venus, and "Mare/ Envision" is an anagram for "Venera Mission" Some google-fu reveals that the numbers in the mission clock correspond exactly with the numbers for Venera 9.

Today was a Kerbal staring at a red mun and a series of numbers "6585, 21, 7, 29, 7, 22.". A red mun is clearly a munar eclipse. Googling "eclipse 6585" reveals that a Saros cycle is 6,585 days long.

Looking at the Wikipedia article about Saros cycles shows that cycle #8 has it's eclipse types by occurrence in a pattern that happens to match 21,7,29,7, and 22. Therefore Saros cycle 8.

So that's it so far. Tomorrow's riddle will be something-7 and you have an idea of how they're thinking when they put these together.

Best,

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

Sure. It's common knowledge here, so I'm not spoiling anything. The answers thus far have been...

Best,

-Slashy

Wasn't there one more clue the day before that. A flying lunar pod with several radial mounted engines, one missing.

Wasn't there one more clue the day before that. A flying lunar pod with several radial mounted engines, one missing.

Yeah, that was a picture of Valentina on a craft with 11 rockets visible.

We are at 8 and counting...

Happy landings!

Sure. It's common knowledge here, so I'm not spoiling anything. The answers thus far have been "Apollo 10", "Venera 9" and "Saros cycle 8". We are therefore confident that tomorrow's answer will be "something-or-other 7".

The first riddle, posted 2 days ago:

tl/dr

So that's it so far. Tomorrow's riddle will be something-7 and you have an idea of how they're thinking when they put these together.

Best,

-Slashy

Unless they are teasing us and are now just going to put out weird posts just to mess with us. :huh:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.