Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

12 down seems to be Gagarin. I'm filling it out in MS Paint. If I get any more, I'll let you guys know :wink:

Scratch that, misread the damn thing :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hang on, there's a problem with 12. ESA is listed as 12 down, and ROSCOSMOS is listed as 12 across, but the problem is 12 across doesn't exist on this board. Which agency are we supposed to use here? :0.0:

Edited by RogueMason

Anyone else print it out?

yes, but this is far more cryptic than any crosswords I have seen before. Lots of clues are the same! I think its good though, because its meant to be solved as a collective effort of many brains working together, with a help of a planetary information network. What a world we live in... :)

If 7 down is Aldrin, 7 across could be Armstrong.. 9 down Ride... 10 across Lu... 8 down Shepherd (not Shepard)... ok if it's all astronaut names this should be straightforward.

Following that line of argument, 3 down could also be Cristoforetti. (Current ISS crew member).

12 down seems to be Gagarin. I'm filling it out in MS Paint. If I get any more, I'll let you guys know :wink:

EDIT: Hang on, there's a problem with 12. ESA is listed as 12 down, and ROSCOSMOS is listed as 12 across, but the problem is 12 across doesn't exist on this board. Which agency are we supposed to use here? :0.0:

12 Down Guidoni

1d Tereshkova! 3a Carpenter!

I wonder if they made a mistake and 12d should in fact be a Russian, Gagarin... there does not seem to be an ESA astronaut that fits.

All mistakes on the puzzle forgiven, it means they're spending their QA time on the game.

Edited by Kuzzter

I presume 12 down is ESA, and the nonexistent 12 across was supposed to be 16 across?

Logically 12 across on that list refers to 16 across, as 16 across does not have an entry.

If 3 across is Curiosity, 1 down could be FobosGrunt. Hard to say though. Problem with this crossword is that there seem to be multiple valid solutions and no real way of determining which is the "official" answer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.