[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

7 hours ago, icedown said:

You might try ship manifest if it is updated.  It can do transfers but I'm not sure about while in iva.  It might work if it's not the active kerbal

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Edit

Tried Ship Manifest.  It works with 1.1.3.   It does allow one-click transfer of a kerbal to another seat in the same craft, but it kicks you out of IVA as soon as you push the button. :(

Edited by nukeboyt

4 minutes ago, monstah said:

I miss VesselView, it added a lot of immersion and utility to RPM. But, while it hasn't been updated, this one has:

Well @linuxgurugamer maintains both now (along with several others), so hopefully as he knocks mods off his checklist he'll get to VesselView. RPM + VV really ads a whole new dimension to the game as it gives you the ability to do so much in IVA.

Just now, Tybot said:

Well @linuxgurugamer maintains both now (along with several others), so hopefully as he knocks mods off his checklist he'll get to VesselView. RPM + VV really ads a whole new dimension to the game as it gives you the ability to do so much in IVA.

I just started working on VesselViewer, it has a number of issues which I'm working through

Ah, thanks!. 

mmm... was wondering if there was a way to Mod it to being in the "Mechjeb RPM" style... 

Also wondering if there was possible to config a "Radio" menu (Chatterer sound-style) to send Crew reports and science to KSC

Though I'm wondering if in KSP we achieve a "MOD state" where "If it doesn't exist, it's because it's just impossible to make". 

12 hours ago, gobolinno said:

Also wondering if there was possible to config a "Radio" menu (Chatterer sound-style) to send Crew reports and science to KSC

I have tried a couple of times to add a support for science in RPM.  The problem is I play sandbox, not career, and I don't know the science mechanisms well enough to figure out what needs added - there are a lot of fields in the modules that manage science, and I doubt all of them need to be accessible.  As for transmitting science, again, the issue is understanding the game mechanic, so I know what science can be transmitted, and how to transmit it correctly.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. After installing raster prop mod, I'm having an issue with the base Mk. 1 space pod (the single Kerbal vanilla pod) where a black opaque box blocks my view to the instrument panel. If I move my view up, sometimes, I can make out that the panel is there, but this box is blocking my view. I happens regardless of what I have attached to the pod and regarldess of altitude. 

Anyone encounter this? I've tried searching for it but I'm only getting results about some other different unrelated issues. I also don't have the time right this second to read through 153 pages of comments (old post included). So I would appreciate any guidance as I'm not sure where to look.

@MOARdV

I got a report in the HullCameraVDS thread which I believe belongs here:

KSP: 1.2.0.1586 (WindowsPlayer x64)

Problem: The following cameras have issues when trying to view them from within RPM:

Wide Angle Cam = black screen (within the RPM screen that is)

Kazzelblad 500 = no option to assign a camera ID from right click menu and RPM does not appear to recognize it as a camera

Nightvisioncam = gives two Camera IDs and two sets of ID + / ID -.  Only the first one appears to work.  The image is also plain (ie not green)

NavCam = image is plain and no fisheye effect

BoosterCam = only one Camera ID and One set of ID +/-.  The dashed lines that normally run down the center of the image in both the horizontal and vertical direction do not show (not that im complaining.  never particularly cared for those lines myself)

KerbPro = image in RPM is rotated by 90 degrees counter clockwise

Mods installed:

HullCameraVDS 0.1.2.2

RasterPropMonitor 0.28.0.29319

I haven't done any testing with RPM b2 yet, but took a quick look at Hullcam, and don't see anything relevant.  I'm assuming you are adding the HSIExternalCameraSelector to the parts on the fly, and it's possible that what you are looking for in the part is not what is there.  If it's an issue with the cameras, please let me know

Also, a minor issue, you have the following code in the JSIExternalCameraSelector.cs:

[KSPField(guiActive = true, guiActiveEditor = true, guiName = "Camera ID: ")]

You don't need the colon, I'm seeing a double colon in the game

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@MOARdV

I haven't done any testing with RPM b2 yet, but took a quick look at Hullcam, and don't see anything relevant.  I'm assuming you are adding the HSIExternalCameraSelector to the parts on the fly, and it's possible that what you are looking for in the part is not what is there.  If it's an issue with the cameras, please let me know

Also, a minor issue, you have the following code in the JSIExternalCameraSelector.cs:

[KSPField(guiActive = true, guiActiveEditor = true, guiName = "Camera ID: ")]

You don't need the colon, I'm seeing a double colon in the game

I found the main problem in a cfg file included with Hullcam.  Apparently it was added sometime in the past to add new cameras which weren't included in your 3rd party patch

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I found the main problem in a cfg file included with Hullcam.  Apparently it was added sometime in the past to add new cameras which weren't included in your 3rd party patch

Mihara originally added Hullcam VDS patches to RPM a long time ago, and I think I've added one or two since then, but I haven't kept up with the Hullcam mod, so any new cameras that were added since then won't have the patches in RPM to add the JSIExternalCameraSelector module.  If there are RPM patches in HullCam as well, it would probably make sense to consolidate them so they're all in one place instead of split between two mods.

As for the cameras that aren't showing effects (nightvision green, fisheye, the crosshair) - RPM does not use HullCam for rendering, so any post-processing effects that HullCam applies won't be present.  That's a limitation of how RPM implemented external cameras.  However, for the RPM follow-on, I plan on looking in to handing off external camera rendering to HullCam, provided it can provide some of the capabilities I require (particular post-processing effects and a sufficiently flexible API).

Sorry if this is a stupid question that's been addressed before.  I see several of these in my logs:

[ERR 06:32:38.344] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'

[ERR 06:32:38.344] Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'

I notice they've been around for a while.

Is there any way to make them go away?  It's not a big deal, I'm just trying to reduce the amount of white noise I need to sift through when doing troubleshooting.  Thanks!

Edited by Fwiffo

1 hour ago, Fwiffo said:

Is there any way to make them go away?  It's not a big deal, I'm just trying to reduce the amount of white noise I need to sift through when doing troubleshooting.  Thanks!

Install those mods. :)

Less flippantly, what's happening is that when RPM tries to configure the MFDs, it tries to load the plugins for all of the pages.  KSP generates an error when it fails to find modules that aren't installed.  It's an error message from KSP, not RPM, so I can't suppress it.  I could probably rewrite how that code works to try a different approach, but it hasn't been important enough to spend the time on it.  Shorter answer: they're annoying and harmless.

3 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Mihara originally added Hullcam VDS patches to RPM a long time ago, and I think I've added one or two since then, but I haven't kept up with the Hullcam mod, so any new cameras that were added since then won't have the patches in RPM to add the JSIExternalCameraSelector module.  If there are RPM patches in HullCam as well, it would probably make sense to consolidate them so they're all in one place instead of split between two mods.

Sounds reasonable, but for right now, I'll just update the local patch, we can coordinate later how to merge the two.  I;ll be able to push out an update this evening.

3 hours ago, MOARdV said:

As for the cameras that aren't showing effects (nightvision green, fisheye, the crosshair) - RPM does not use HullCam for rendering, so any post-processing effects that HullCam applies won't be present.  That's a limitation of how RPM implemented external cameras.  However, for the RPM follow-on, I plan on looking in to handing off external camera rendering to HullCam, provided it can provide some of the capabilities I require (particular post-processing effects and a sufficiently flexible API).

One question I have is that one or more of the cameras are just showing a black picture (not totally black, but a solid very dark color) when RPM is set to that camera.  Any idea what's wrong?  Would it be an incompatibility of the camera model itself being used?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

One question I have is that one or more of the cameras are just showing a black picture (not totally black, but a solid very dark color) when RPM is set to that camera.  Any idea what's wrong?  Would it be an incompatibility of the camera model itself being used?

If other camera styles on the same craft don't show the problem, then it's something unique to the model or JSI camera config.  My first guess is that the transform that RPM is using is buried inside the model, and there's something blocking the view.  One thing that may help would be to check the part in the VAB by turning on the visibility cones for the camera.  That would give you an idea of where RPM thinks the camera lens is, and which direction it's facing.

14 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

If other camera styles on the same craft don't show the problem, then it's something unique to the model or JSI camera config.  My first guess is that the transform that RPM is using is buried inside the model, and there's something blocking the view.  One thing that may help would be to check the part in the VAB by turning on the visibility cones for the camera.  That would give you an idea of where RPM thinks the camera lens is, and which direction it's facing.

I found the problem, needed to use the right transform.  Thanks for the suggestions

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@MOARdV I'm having to make some minor changes to the file:  hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg

I can either just include it with the latest version of HullcamVDS, and have you delete it, or send you the changes.

Which would you prefer?  If I include it, then you just have to delete it from your mod

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@MOARdV I'm having to make some minor changes to the file:  hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg

I can either just include it with the latest version of HullcamVDS, and have you delete it, or send you the changes.

Which would you prefer?  If I include it, then you just have to delete it from your mod

@linuxgurugamer - Personally, I think it makes more sense in the long run to keep the configs with Hullcam going forward, so that as new parts are added, the new RPM configs can be rolled out with them, instead of needing to wait for an RPM update.  However, I am fine with keeping the patch in RPM (although it will delay getting a fix out, since RPM isn't quite ready for an official release).

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

@linuxgurugamer - Personally, I think it makes more sense in the long run to keep the configs with Hullcam going forward, so that as new parts are added, the new RPM configs can be rolled out with them, instead of needing to wait for an RPM update.  However, I am fine with keeping the patch in RPM (although it will delay getting a fix out, since RPM isn't quite ready for an official release).

I'll do that then.  I've updated the patch so it will overwrite what is in RPM, so you don't have to rush to delete it.

Found a weird issue, RPM displays shows twice the amount of resources and consumption. Just a pic...

Just in case it's not related to RPM...those are the mods i'm using.

KSP: 1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
USI Tools - 0.8.3
B9 Part Switch - 1.5.1
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
Community Category Kit - 0.1.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.2
Contract Configurator - 1.20.3
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
Firespitter - 7.4.1
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.2.6
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6
KerbalAtomics - 0.3.1
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.1
Pilot Assistant - 1.13
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.1.6
Portrait Stats - 1.0.12
Precise Node - 1.2.4
SCANsat - 1.1.6.10
StationPartsExpansion - 0.4.1
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.21
TAC Life Support - 0.12.5
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.1
USI Core - 0.3.3
USI Exploration Pack - 0.6.2
Freight Transport Tech - 0.6.2
Konstruction - 0.1.6
NuclearRockets - 0.3.2
Sounding Rockets - 0.5.3
Universal Storage - 1.2.0.1
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5
Waypoint Manager - 2.6

Thx in advance and keep up the good work.

Edited by Guderina
typo

12 hours ago, Guderina said:

Found a weird issue, RPM displays shows twice the amount of resources and consumption. Just a pic...

That's pretty cool.  I see it too.  Thank you for reporting it.

Ok so I was doing the press all the buttons thing inside the mk1 pod while on a sub orbital trajectory at about 90km+ and I hit one of the buttons on the right hand side of the displays and I accidentally recovered the vessel as if I was landed. I got the mission complete and everything all the science and the kerbal was recovered. That's kind broken methinks.

Also I can click on the door handle to IVA tourists. Not that I'm complaining about that I kinda like the fact that tourists can "escape" the command pod. I imagine I would do the same if I had a pressure suit of my own :D

8 hours ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

Ok so I was doing the press all the buttons thing inside the mk1 pod while on a sub orbital trajectory at about 90km+ and I hit one of the buttons on the right hand side of the displays and I accidentally recovered the vessel as if I was landed. I got the mission complete and everything all the science and the kerbal was recovered. That's kind broken methinks.

Also I can click on the door handle to IVA tourists. Not that I'm complaining about that I kinda like the fact that tourists can "escape" the command pod. I imagine I would do the same if I had a pressure suit of my own :D

EVA should be disallowed for tourists - it looks like I missed that way back when IVA buttons were disallowed for tourists.

As for the Mk1 pod - I don't think any of the IVAs shipped with RPM include a "recover vessel" button.  That was added much later than the IVAs were created, and the feature does have checks to prevent recovery when pressed in flight (KSP disallows it outright, so it wouldn't work even if I tried to signal recovery).  I don't know what was happening there.

40 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

EVA should be disallowed for tourists - it looks like I missed that way back when IVA buttons were disallowed for tourists.

As for the Mk1 pod - I don't think any of the IVAs shipped with RPM include a "recover vessel" button.  That was added much later than the IVAs were created, and the feature does have checks to prevent recovery when pressed in flight (KSP disallows it outright, so it wouldn't work even if I tried to signal recovery).  I don't know what was happening there.

I know it was one of the buttons on the right hand side of the screens maybe one of the bottom 2 I was literally just running the mouse around the frame of the screen in the middle in the mk1 mod and clicking like I had just mixed acid with speed, I haven't tried it again but I can test it to see. Maybe it was the red or green buttons on the right of the screen I'm not sure it's kinda dark in space heheh.

I was shocked myself, (and a tiny bit annoyed I was going for a splashdown over 100km from KSC and why I always play with quicksaves even if I'm not recovering crashed ships phew) when suddenly I got the black loading screen and it just recovered jeb and his rocket and all of his science, as if he had been sitting on the surface. It left me just looking at the recovery screen at the KSC going "Wh.. whai... wait what?". I went to the tracking station and checked it to see if there was some weird loading error and nope the only thing there was the launch stage at the top of the suborbital arc. Is it possible stage recovery is interfering with it? That can recover vessels on a sub orbital trajectory and I was in IVA focus not normal focus and the clicking may have been a coincidence. Though I imagine it would take a long ass time for stage recovery to pick it up and it hasn't happened since nor did it pick up the stage I released or give me a stage recovered message, and I haven't been clicking like nut just in case. I have no problem testing though. Maybe I'm just guessing out of my kass now.

As for the tourists I have just reinstalled the mod after borking my game and having to delete and reinstall KSP so I might have been using a slightly older version before I broke ksp, but it was definitely a 1.2 version when the tourists could escape. I haven't actually tested it on this install as I haven't gotten to the touristy bit. I don't feel it's worth it til you have the orbit missions so I will test tourist escapes soon. I love this mod by the way

I did my first IVA plane flight the other week and it was such a rush. Thanks for the mod. Now I want to mix this with a headset and a flight stick for maximum fun.

Is the "stop pressing buttons [Insert tourists name here]" message a stock thing or a raster prop thing?

Here's some pics for the helping of the clicks.
omfGdUv.png64CJqZD.pngjvlYQrM.pngknOttQD.png
J2LXQzT.pngVad1B6y.png
dGSmbJS.pnguWpmUOs.png
oOKiPn9.png

Edited by ThatHomelessGuy