When did you buy KSP? (I want to know how many people waited for it to come out of Early Access)

PTNLemay

When did you buy KSP?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. When did you buy KSP?

• I haven't bought it yet.
    • I waited until the big 1.0 release.
    • I bought it before buildings were destroyable (0.25)
    • I bought it before they added the new planets (0.17)
    • I bought it before there was a proper map (0.11)

They can take a LOT of abuse, generally speaking, before they blow up.

Sometimes. Kind of.

I was testing a fairly heavy lander once; nothing too crazy. It wasn't Whackjob proportions or anything, but it was big enough to satisfy a contract for a base with a capacity of 16 Kerbals, a science lab, etc.

I slowly eased it up off the landing pad, juked it around a bit to make sure everything was working, and landed it back on the landing pad. It was sort of a hard landing, but not hard enough to break any of the landing legs.

The landing pad blew up underneath the lander. Lander was fine, but the landing pad went up in a ball of flame. :confused:

Bought it October 2012, after playing the 0.13 demo for over 100 hours. It was version 0.17, about a week before 0.18 came out.

I figured a game I put more hours into as a demo than some games I paid full price for deserved my money even if I never played it again. Since I migrated it to Steam when it first became available, I currently stand at 1032 hours. It has come a long way since that time.

Best $17 I ever spent on a game.

I gifted one copy that cost me $24, and it still feels like I massively underpaid for this game.

Edited by pslytely psycho

Sometimes. Kind of.

I was testing a fairly heavy lander once; nothing too crazy. It wasn't Whackjob proportions or anything, but it was big enough to satisfy a contract for a base with a capacity of 16 Kerbals, a science lab, etc.

I slowly eased it up off the landing pad, juked it around a bit to make sure everything was working, and landed it back on the landing pad. It was sort of a hard landing, but not hard enough to break any of the landing legs.

The landing pad blew up underneath the lander. Lander was fine, but the landing pad went up in a ball of flame. :confused:

That's because currently building damage is calculated as a factor of mass and velocity, with no consideration of duration of impact (unsurprisingly; that sort of attention to detail is something that few games have). Meaning that a craft that weighs enough hitting the pad even at 2m/s can destroy it.

It's clear to see, based on current poll results, that most people bought it when it first came out on Steam (which is also the time period I got it).

Well, yeah ;p

The great forum explosion of 2013,

Right now, I count us gaining 200 members a day. so the great forum explosion of 2015 may be in effect

If "Gifted to me" is an option: After playing the demo last summer, a mate who knew I was a nut for anything flight related gifted me the game last fall/late summer through steam. I really don't remember anymore which version it was though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.