Kurld

[RETIRED] PEBKAC Industries: Launch Escape System

No sir. Your LES is controlled by its own plugin, courtesy of @Jso

Sorry to leave you hanging, but again.. I am not getting notified in a timely manner (or at all) when people have posted here or quoted me or anything.

Version 1.2.2.2 is released on Spacedock. This includes some plugin tweaks so that it will be compatible with SDHI SMS.

Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!

I haven't been playing much KSP, but I should get a chance to look at this to verify 1.3 compatibility and create a new install package, etc, later this week or weekend.

Umh, installing on 1.3.0 make the game crash on startup.

On 15/06/2017 at 5:09 AM, k0spwn said:

Umh, installing on 1.3.0 make the game crash on startup.

As @Kurld already stated, the latest version of PEBKAC (at the time of writing) is not compatible with KSP 1.3, so it makes perfect sense that it would crash your game.

He is also already working on an update, so please be patient.

On 6/6/2017 at 5:21 AM, Kurld said:

I haven't been playing much KSP, but I should get a chance to look at this to verify 1.3 compatibility and create a new install package, etc, later this week or weekend.

Great stuff,

many thanks.

cheers.

Sorry guys I have not had a chance to get to this yet. Work has been a bear lately, leaving little time for play on the PC. Hopefully by this weekend.

I have recompiled this for 1.3 and uploaded the update to Space Dock. I only did the bare minimum of testing, but nothing changed really. If you hit any problems drop me a line here.

Happy Spaceflight!

Kurld

I've gotten so much fun and learned so much from this game I am happy to give back in some small way.

Love it, Kottabos added 

He mixed Stock LES up with yours... :D

Love your mod, will install when I have PC access in a few days. Keep the great work up!

Add something for MK3 and maybe for MK0 too. Or maybe a side ways LES for when putting it on top is not optional

I'm not sure how I'd go about adding anything for the spaceplane cockpits. Or are you asking about larger/smaller capsules?

The NASA Gemini capsules had dual ejector seats instead of an escape rocket... you'd have to somehow automatically kick the crew out into EVA and trigger some chutes on the chairs.  Might be fun!

On 7/21/2017 at 6:05 PM, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Love it, Kottabos added 

He mixed Stock LES up with yours... :D

Love your mod, will install when I have PC access in a few days. Keep the great work up!

I was just watching some of his VIDs and was thinking it would be cool if he reviewed mine.  How did I miss this? LOL!

Is there some mod's capsules you had in mind?  

I would like you to take over vanguard industries and make it a part of this mod

Not familiar with that.. can you give a link?

2 hours ago, ILikeIke said:

@Kurld Here's the link to the Vanguard mod:

That version of the EVA parachute mod is no longer support and hasn't been updated for a long time.  Here's the version being maintained by @linuxgurugamer.

And it's not necessarily a good idea to combine mods.

I'll take a look at those, but yeah, if it's something you can sort of leverage already with existing mod, I'd rather let the incredible @linuxgurugamer be on the hook for maintaining it ;-)

6 minutes ago, Kurld said:

I'll take a look at those, but yeah, if it's something you can sort of leverage already with existing mod, I'd rather let the incredible @linuxgurugamer be on the hook for maintaining it ;-)

You have my blessing if you want to take it over :D