[1.8+] Custom Barn Kit 1.1.20 (19 October 2019) - Parachute Included

sarbian

Thanks!

I'm using this now with the sole purpose to hire Kerbonauts for a fixed rate. After a dozen rescue <insert random name> from orbit, I got bored but I still wanted to have kerbals in my mun/mimus bases and space stations.

Module mananger + a few lines in CustomBarnKit.cfg and it worked :D.

@CUSTOMBARNKIT
{		
	@ASTRONAUTS
	{
		@recruitHireFixedRate = True
	}		
}

• 2 weeks later...

Refers to the parameter "upgradesVisual" only an external view of the building (space center)? Is there a way to configure the view inside the VAB / SPH? I would look inside the VAB / SPH permanently set at the facility level 1. With the upgrade of the buildings to the next level will look (Space Center) same, but inside the building did not. Thanks.

CUSTOMBARNKIT:Final
{
    @VAB
    {
        @upgradesVisual = 1, 1, 1

}

@SPH
    {
        @upgradesVisual = 1, 1, 1
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

A suggestion: A CBK option to allow all probes to have all the advanced SAS features.

Most parts in KSP have their uses in late game. But the early probes become almost useless later with their lack of prograde, retrograde, normal, anti-normal, radial in and out, maneuver and target tracking.

It'd be even better if probe features were tied to building upgrades! So once you have all max level buildings, all the probes have all the advanced features.

Since there was no answer to the suggestion a few months ago:

Is it possible to make the dimension restrictions dependent on VAB/SPH level instead of LaunchPad/Runway level?

That would be a huge improvement for realism mods, which could then deactivate the abstract "part" restriction of the VAB/SPH levels and make them influence the dimensions, as they do in real life.

Edited by Yemo

• 1 month later...
On 22/06/2016 at 6:40 PM, Yemo said:

Since there was no answer to the suggestion a few months ago:

Is it possible to make the dimension restrictions dependent on VAB/SPH level instead of LaunchPad/Runway level?

That would be a huge improvement for realism mods, which could then deactivate the abstract "part" restriction of the VAB/SPH levels and make them influence the dimensions, as they do in real life.

Sorry, I missed that one. Yes it should be doable. I will have to look into it.

7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

@sarbian, would it be possible to use CBK to allow EVAs from the start, but only in atmosphere? Ejection with a parachute (SM_chute) would help me save a lot of Kerbal lives during flight testing. Also, there's the skydiving contracts from @inigma's GAP I'd like to take.

I just did a quick test and I can change the code to allow for that. I do not have the time to code that properly right now but I will look into it soonish. Ping me again if you don't see any change later in the week :)

my MM patch seems to be working fine for everything except this:

@ADMINISTRATION
{
  @activeStrategyLimit = 2, 4, 6
}

When I right-click my admin building the current strategy limit shows correctly as 2 but when I hover over the upgrade button the next level shows a value of 3 instead of 4.

Also there's an upgrade in the R&D building to allow EVA kerbals to collect surface samples that doesn't have an option in the .cfg file

36 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

my MM patch seems to be working fine for everything except this:

@ADMINISTRATION
{
  @activeStrategyLimit = 2, 4, 6
}

When I right-click my admin building the current strategy limit shows correctly as 2 but when I hover over the upgrade button the next level shows a value of 3 instead of 4.

Also there's an upgrade in the R&D building to allow EVA kerbals to collect surface samples that doesn't have an option in the .cfg file

Do you have Strategia?  Because it patches those values, and could be running after yours.

3 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

That one is tied to the surfaceSample experiment config (requiredExperimentLevel)

On 7/30/2016 at 4:25 AM, sarbian said:

That one is tied to the surfaceSample experiment config (requiredExperimentLevel)

Thx do you know what the values are? The KSP wiki says this determines the level of RnD required to do the experiment but I don't know what 0.5 means at all in relation to building levels. Why wouldn't it be 1, 2, or 3??

3 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

Thx do you know what the values are? The KSP wiki says this determines the level of RnD required to do the experiment but I don't know what 0.5 means at all in relation to building levels. Why wouldn't it be 1, 2, or 3??

Ask whoever coded it :) 

It is true when the building is over that lvl. 1 >  0.5 so it works. 0.9 would have the same effect

On 7/31/2016 at 9:00 AM, sarbian said:

It is true when the building is over that lvl. 1 >  0.5 so it works. 0.9 would have the same effect

Actually I just now found out what's going on here by looking at the ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities in the SFS file. Turns out they have the facility upgrade value between 0-1 so 0 is level 1, 0.5 is level 2 and 1 is level 3. So when I set requiredExperimentLevel in the ScienceDefs.cfg file to 0 I was able to access surface samples at level 1. However when I made a patch instead it didn't work:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[surfaceSample]:FINAL
{
  @requiredExperimentLevel = 0
}

Edited by Gaiiden

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2016 at 2:52 AM, sarbian said:

I just did a quick test and I can change the code to allow for that. I do not have the time to code that properly right now but I will look into it soonish. Ping me again if you don't see any change later in the week :)

Whooops, forgot to ping you again back then, but am pinging you again now. :D

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to do something a bit finer tuned than this (which is why I'm looking at it).

I want to be able to do individual purchases for each of the configurable things in the building.

for example, the VAB changes the number of action groups, and the part counts;  I want to be able to do that individually.

It doesn't appear that I can do that here, at least not now.  Is that correct?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.