[1.2] Water Sounds v2.3 (2016-10-24) - Now with underwater sounds

pizzaoverhead

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, MarcRan17 said:

Is there any plan to update this mod? FWIW, this was one of my favourite little quality of life enhancements. Seems 1.1 broke it thought :(

PizzaOverhead is a busy guy :P I bet this is still in his radar, if maybe low priority. Don't quote me on this though :sealed: - I agree that this is one of the more touching mods for that special water touchdown :)

12 hours ago, MarcRan17 said:

Is there any plan to update this mod? FWIW, this was one of my favourite little quality of life enhancements. Seems 1.1 broke it thought :(

Thanks for the comment! I didn't realise it was broken. I spend all my time modding and no time playing, so I rely on comments like yours to let me know what's broken. This mod is in the queue for updates after some of the larger ones. Since KSP 1.0.5 made underwater travel feasible, I want to add in some murky underwater sound effects when the camera is below the surface. I've got some sounds recorded from a recent snorkelling trip that I think will sound pretty good.

35 minutes ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Thanks for the comment! I didn't realise it was broken. I spend all my time modding and no time playing, so I rely on comments like yours to let me know what's broken. This mod is in the queue for updates after some of the larger ones. Since KSP 1.0.5 made underwater travel feasible, I want to add in some murky underwater sound effects when the camera is below the surface. I've got some sounds recorded from a recent snorkelling trip that I think will sound pretty good.

Dude that would be amazing! It's awesome that you think you can use your own recorded sound effects :). - Wanted to say sorry for posting for you in the above comment though... I should probably refrain from that.

7 hours ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Wow! Thanks for both a speedy reply, and an exciting one! Glad to hear it! I can wait patiently of course, life always comes first, but I am excited to hear this.

11 hours ago, pizzaoverhead said:

You are very good at getting my hopes up, sir/madam. :D

Wow! I'm surprised to see that there are people actually using this mod! To celebrate, I've dedicated this afternoon to putting together a new release.

Version 2.0 is now available here. It fixes the 1.1 issue, and adds an underwater sound effect. It also adds support to the KSP Add-on Version Checker.

Edited by pizzaoverhead

1 hour ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Wow! I'm surprised to see that there are people actually using this mod!

I generally bring back capsules to a splashdown, so this fits very well.

1 hour ago, pizzaoverhead said:

I've dedicated this afternoon to putting together a new release.

Thank you so much.

3 hours ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Wow! I'm surprised to see that there are people actually using this mod!

Say what? Mods like these are the -really- important addons to KSP in my View.

Stuff that The Developers should have put in right away.

I do not need the 73rd additional fueltank, but Stuff that livens up a game that is far too sterile still.

(yes, i know, space is "empty" and "sterile", but for that we have the chatter-mod, thank the maker!)

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/07/2016 at 8:13 AM, hobelfritz said:

Will you bring your awesome mod back to ckan?

I have neither added nor removed the mod from CKAN, nor do I have any control over this. For CKAN issues, you'll have to ask in the CKAN thread. In the meantime, you can still get it from CurseForge, SpaceDock, or GitHub. Installation is just dragging and dropping the GameData in the zip on top of your existing GameData to merge with it, and KSP-AVC will keep you informed of any updates.

53 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

Are you getting water sounds and text saying something like "surfacing" or "emerging" when in orbit of Kerbin?

I was noticing that, as well. A simple one-moment "bloop bloop" sound when loading a vessel (probably when it's over water?) in orbit. Then it goes away. I don't know what my current version of the mod is. I'll check that this evening.

3 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I was noticing that, as well. A simple one-moment "bloop bloop" sound when loading a vessel (probably when it's over water?) in orbit. Then it goes away. I don't know what my current version of the mod is. I'll check that this evening.

Mine is confirmed: the latest (2.1 according to AVC).

On 27/07/2016 at 10:49 PM, jlcarneiro said:

Are you getting water sounds and text saying something like "surfacing" or "emerging" when in orbit of Kerbin?

On 27/07/2016 at 11:43 PM, Beetlecat said:

On 27/07/2016 at 11:47 PM, jlcarneiro said:

Mine is confirmed: the latest (2.1 according to AVC).

7 hours ago, DarkonZ said:

Getting the same problem here as well.

KSP 113 Watersounds 2.1

Thanks everyone. It looks like the bug that 2.1 should have fixed has resurfaced again. I'll check it out.

On 25/07/2016 at 11:09 AM, pizzaoverhead said:

I have neither added nor removed the mod from CKAN, nor do I have any control over this. For CKAN issues, you'll have to ask in the CKAN thread. In the meantime, you can still get it from CurseForge, SpaceDock, or GitHub. Installation is just dragging and dropping the GameData in the zip on top of your existing GameData to merge with it, and KSP-AVC will keep you informed of any updates.

Whadda yah mean?  this is a great little mod.  You end up in the water a lot from splashdown,  and silent water just don't feel right,  you know?  ^_^

I Use this mod on all my installs :-)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.