[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

You can just install them both keeping both configs. You could merge them if you want to make it look cleaner but it isn't necessary. - It also could depend on the mods. Which packs are you installing?

Oh -- I see, they have unique names. The one I was using for Ven's was simply named "WindowShine.cfg" and overwrote the main mod file. The others are unique.

Oh -- I see, they have unique names. The one I was using for Ven's was simply named "WindowShine.cfg" and overwrote the main mod file. The others are unique.

Exactly. Ven's revamp is a remake of stock parts and it has it's own reflective meshes, so for compatibility I made a new config for Ven's revamp that excludes the parts he changed.

I'm having issues selecting parts that have WindowShine textures when I'm in the VAB. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

I haven't had any VAB related issues so far... could you elaborate on the problem? I hope I can find a fix.

Update TextureReplacer.

TR is linked to his main page and isn't included in WindowShine's download. If there's been an update with TR you'll need to download it via his main page (Also via the link in OP).

I haven't had any VAB related issues so far... could you elaborate on the problem? I hope I can find a fix.

TR is linked to his main page and isn't included in WindowShine's download. If there's been an update with TR you'll need to download it via his main page (Also via the link in OP).

I was not able to select stock solar panels for action groups or move them. The same thing was happening with the hitchhiker storage container, cupola, and Mk3 Cockpit. Fortunately, updating TextureReplacer solved this problem. Thank you!

I was not able to select stock solar panels for action groups or move them. The same thing was happening with the hitchhiker storage container, cupola, and Mk3 Cockpit. Fortunately, updating TextureReplacer solved this problem. Thank you!

Ahh... I have heard of that issue actually! It occurred to a few people a while ago and it was related to TR and how it handled the reflection shader. I haven't been able to replicate it though. Great to hear it's working now!

• 3 weeks later...

So by "Capsule external lights" not working [in the first post], this means the light-up windows & canopies in many new-ish cockpit and crew parts won't "glow" through the shine, right?

Makes me wonder if there isn't a way to toggle shininess upon hitting the light switch...

So by "Capsule external lights" not working [in the first post], this means the light-up windows & canopies in many new-ish cockpit and crew parts won't "glow" through the shine, right?

Makes me wonder if there isn't a way to toggle shininess upon hitting the light switch...

Sadly that is correct. I'm unsure how easy that would code but it sounds doable. You could take that idea up with Shaw if you want, as he's the master behind the code.

proposall: if shiney-ness and and lights cant be merged, it might be "clean" to add a config that removes the lightswitch option and in doing so removes unusable clutter.

aditionally, the ven's stock revamp fix fix has some errors in it, i fixed them on my end but i forgot the exact details. it was the mk1 inline pod and the mk2 inline pod as far as i remember

Edited by Thahat

proposall: if shiney-ness and and lights cant be merged, it might be "clean" to add a config that removes the lightswitch option and in doing so removes unusable clutter.

aditionally, the ven's stock revamp fix fix has some errors in it, i fixed them on my end but i forgot the exact details. it was the mk1 inline pod and the mk2 inline pod as far as i remember

Sadly I'm not a coder and I don't know how I would remove the toggle for lights. Sorry :/

Strange that Ven's stock revamp has errors with those parts... Ven's revamp doesn't change those textures at all and so it shouldn't be interfering with them. Could you tell me the changes you made so I can perform them on the OP download?

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, I've been using a lot of KAX / Fantom works in my builds. I used Windowshine in one of my latest videos showing off the shuttle cockpit and it makes all the other windows look like garbage. Any chance you could work your magic on there windows?

Joe, I've been using a lot of KAX / Fantom works in my builds. I used Windowshine in one of my latest videos showing off the shuttle cockpit and it makes all the other windows look like garbage. Any chance you could work your magic on there windows?

I've been a fan of his models for some time now actually :). I don't think I'll have the time to create textures for his cockpits soon though.

No news on the update for 1.0.5?

I'm not saying that i don't have patience... but i love this little mod.

I'm waiting for confirmation that TextureReplacer runs in 1.0.5. As soon as I'm sure it does I'll push a release :)

I'm waiting for confirmation that TextureReplacer runs in 1.0.5. As soon as I'm sure it does I'll push a release :)

Since I'm assuming that you're adding in reflectivity for the new Mk1 Cockpit and the Crew Cabin, can you detail the process for how to define reflectivity for a texture? It's somewhat documented, but I don't see a really clear step-by-step process for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.