to see just how it goes.

But I'd be happy

with a refueling hose.

Boom dee ah dah. Boom dee ah dah.

Dang, beat me to it. :D

What I love about KSP is your ability to choose your own path, and follow it in any way you want. You wanna go around in a car crashing into buildings? KSP lets you do it. You wanna build a a military aircraft and launch an aerial assult on KSC 2? KSP lets you do it. You want to mod the game into a super realistic spae simulator and visit the equivalent of real bodies? KSP lets you do it. You want to stand on the top of a frozen hill, looking back at the bodies to explore, so far away from home and anything else? KSP lets you do it. At least in Sandbox, there are no quests, no necessary designs, nothing is set in stone. Your only limits are the laws of physics, and you do things your way, when you want to. That is what i truly love about KSP.

Everything. I love Every thing to do with ksp..the hours spent crafting..fine tuning ..testing and Creating and exploring. The only way i play is sandbox, and as as the Laythe initiative above mentions you are only limited by your imagination and the phisics of the game. >>> Love it! Thanks Squad..

btw i have over 1500 hrs in this game over 2 years or so..talk about game value for the money i spent..amazing:D

I'm not too sure about LOVE. I mean, c'mon with all caps? LOVE?! That's a pretty strong word. How about playfully infatuated . . .

Building stuff. That's what does it for me. Mashing stuff together and then exploding it out into the sky to see how far it flies.

The persistence. I remember when I was younger I always enjoyed real-time strategy games, but I was always bothered by the fact that they are so short-lived. You lovingly craft this cute little town/village/castle/moon-base, and then a half-hour later the game ends. Win or lose, everything you've built gets chucked into the bin and you move onto another round. I always found this to be really annoying. I always preferred the games where you could continue working on your town indefinitely. Like sim-city, or sand-boxy things like Minecraft.

So yeah, when they added docking I knew this game was going to be hugely important for me. I still often find myself hurt by the part limits, no matter how big and beefy my PC is I can't build bases or space stations much bigger than 500 parts. But still... I love being able to slowly build and add parts to a station over months of time. The fact that the game also acts like a basic course on real-life rocket mechanics is a nice bonus.

I love that KSP made peaceful exploration of space so fun. All the other games in my library are combat-centric, but KSP gives a rush like no other. My favorite is sticking a difficult landing. But returning from Eve was a huge rush too. I was dancing around the house in mad glee for like 15 minutes.

The creativity, the freedom, the rewarding moments when a mission works as intended, its unique presentation and hey, its about Space and SCIENCE!

KSP is a game, that makes dreams and ideas come true :)

I love the incredible customizability.

I'm a tinkerer at heart, and have a hobbyist's interest in game design... as a result, I tend to look at any game I play from the perspective of the designer. Why exactly is this system working the way it does? What was the thought behind implementing that? What would happen if it worked differently instead?

With most games, even with those that are moddable, that largely remains the realm of idle speculation. Not so with KSP! If I want to change something just to see how it would turn out, I can just edit a config file. And for more advanced stuff, the number of core game system changing mods is incredibly high.

As a result of all this, I spend far more time tweaking the game than I spend playing it. But you know what? I'm having fun even though I'm not playing it! That is ridiculous and amazing and no other game has ever done this for me. It makes KSP all the more special.

Despite the recent patch madness, there's much to love about KSP: the things you learn about spaceship design and space travel, that feeling you get once your very first landing on the Mun was a success, the fact that you can delve into the game and forget the world around you and those big bang explosions when you fail to do it right in the first place. Also, I like that tounge-in-cheek attitude of those little Kerbals and how brave these little fellas are.

I posted on that other thread something along the lines of 'hating a computer game is silly', so in fairness I should probably start by saying that loving one is just as silly. :) So... what do I really really like/enjoy/appreciate about KSP?

In no particular order:

1. The whole concept of the game. Virtual space Lego - now with virtual spaceflight to go with it!

2. The Map screen. Turning tons of complicated maths into an easy (with some practice) to use visual tool for playing with orbital mechanics.

3. The game balance. Very subjective this one but personally I think KSP strikes the right balance between serious and fun. Yes I have to worry about delta-V and power systems and executing the right burn at the right time. No I don't have to shave that last 20g of weight off the upper left strut on my Mun lander, make sure the heaters on my RCS propellant lines are A-OK, or check that my delta-V budget is accurate down to the last 10m/s. And if I do decide I need more realism, then I have...

4. The modding community! I'm not a big mod user but I surely appreciate the ones I do use.

5. The Kerbals. It's odd but I suspect that a Human Space Program re-skin of KSP just wouldn't quite have the same appeal for me. They're great characters in their own right, I can project my own feelings and motivations on to them (and who's to say that that's not what kerbals think) and they never lose their wide eyed joy in what they're doing. Put the dumbest, most fearful kerbal in orbit around the Mun and his/her face lights up with that trademark 'holy... that's the Mun!' goofy grin. Yes. Yes it is - and even after 2+ years, it hasn't gotten old yet.

6. World-building. Another personal one and very much related to 5. KSP is the only game that's inspired me to get writing. It's almost the perfect blank canvas; a grab bag of names (for rocket parts, characters and companies) a couple of memes - and that's it. The rest is open territory for players to build their own versions of Kerbin and it's inhabitants. I've probably had as much fun (and spent as much time) writing about KSP as I have playing it.

The fact I can build almost anything I can imagine from replica rockets, to crazy future rockets, planes, cars, tanks, robots....it doesn't even have to go into space. It's lego but with explosions, lego that goes into space (mostly) and lego that as an adult you can play with without your friends looking at you strangely (or at least no more strangely than usual).

It's blend of creative construction and engineering skill is very rewarding and the community that surrounds it is unlike any online community I've encountered.

I've been fascinated with spaceflight since I was a little boy, a game that lets me be the spacecraft designer, mission controller, and astronaut is just about perfect.

I love how much KSP has taught me about how spaceflight works. I learned more in an hour of playing with orbits than a lifetime of following real life space programs. And I'm still learning after years of play.

I love how KSP, for the most part, doesn't dumb down spaceflight concepts. Instead, it challenges you to figure them out.

I love that it is different. It's an original concept, a rare thing in these days of derivative games and sequels.

The orbital mechanics. It makes one think entirely out of the box. How you forfeit all straight line travel and instead go with swinging by celestial bodies and changing your trajectory with small nudges at the right moment. It's like swinging on a set of moving trapezes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.