Do something nobody has done before

I am in the process of making an orbital defense system capable of dropping 8 fully functional ground batteries equipped with twin ‘Hydra’ rocket turrets anywhere on Kerbin. Has anyone done that before?

Edited by Mycroft

On 19/09/2016 at 6:15 AM, cubinator said:

I suppose I'm the first to make a space station with Kopernicus:

Death Star 0.2 from afar

And i suppose i am the first one to fly a TIE fighter over it :)

(Pics will be uploaded soon. I dont have any imgur account !)

Anyway, a great battle station made you have.

4 hours ago, Darth Jeb said:

And i suppose i am the first one to fly a TIE fighter over it :)

Actually, I used the TIE fighter during testing to see how it looked and behaved, so you're probably the second. There's still plenty of firsts to be had with that thing though!

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

You get 0 science points for that???

I've already returned one satellite with science data. By the way, all scientific data costs just like on Kerbin. This is more like achievement than the science gaining.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2016 at 10:50 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I made a primary immobile thing with OPT Spaceplane Parts. Specifically, a station... a pirate station...with a hand-made pirate flag.

Your space station looks very piraty, but not piraty enough :)

P.S. This kind of animation nobody has done for KSP before.

Edited by Enceos

4 minutes ago, Enceos said:

Your space station looks very piraty, but not piraty enough :)

Well it was a rush build when the idea came to me to associate its host planet with the pirate/raider theme and create its flag. :D Now that there's no rush I can build a mightier, flashier thing and especially attach your screens to it. I've had a fair amount of prior experience playing with Wild Blue's TV screen parts and building big stations.

Fullmetal armored propeller plane!

Seems absolutely indestructible. The flying speed is always below 80 m/s, the crashing speed.

Litobraking is the most effective way to land it when you're bored. Hydrobraking now is under development.

Limitations: not for Kerbin :(

1lzo4UkMr4c.jpg

dOXZkK7DrMc.jpg

2 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

has anyone ever completed the tech tree start to finish on a normal difficulty career in 4 launches?

I don't think in this version. I know in back when science mode was career mode some guy did it in 1 launch.

10 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

I don't think in this version. I know in back when science mode was career mode some guy did it in 1 launch.

ya in science mode its easy cause everything is already upgraded.  career has the extra difficulty of upgrading buildings.  i got it done in 4 cause my 4th had  26 different landings so i was able to check for contracts to plant flags and did like 10 of them on my last launch lol

Sheldon Jones of GameSpresso described the Iktomi, the ship featured in Tharsis, as, "something that was pieced together in ‘Kerbal Space Program’ by someone that wanted a lot of personnel but only enough fuel for a one-way trip to the Mun."

I begged to differ. That might have looked like something pieced together in KSP, but this was pieced together in KSP, and aside from the stupid center of balance turned out quite practical:

This wasn't the first attempt, as Redditor aradyr was the first. But I'd like to think this was the first real stock attempt.This was a reload from an earlier save showing off the LV-N engines in their glory. The original run had the benefit of that fully fueled Kerbal X main stage, where I just dumped excess fuel from the other five launches. But that was enough to do a Duna flyby and an intercept of a 2000 t rock threatening Kerbin.

Here's the thing being built in KSP 1.2.1.

--

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Added link to build video

On 02/10/2016 at 3:07 PM, Luch said:

!

qsduIGAOMYU.jpg

Oh. I just came here to say I was gonna try that.

I could still do lower atmosphere... hmm...

Edited by Guest

I think I have another thing or two that nobody has surely done before. Getting to orbit Skylon style (going hypersonic) but without Oxidizer and without the heat cheat. OPT engines get my ships started, but it's engines from another mod that serve as the flywheel and highest gears.

First picture is a few weeks ago in KSP 1.1.3, the second is yesterday in KSP 1.2.

WwnaiMc.jpg

ypmfNo2.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I think I have another thing or two that nobody has surely done before. Getting to orbit Skylon style (going hypersonic) but without Oxidizer and without the heat cheat. OPT engines get my ships started, but it's engines from another mod that serve as the flywheel and highest gears.

First picture is a few weeks ago in KSP 1.1.3, the second is yesterday in KSP 1.2.

WwnaiMc.jpg

ypmfNo2.jpg

What is this 'other mod'? I really wanna go download it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.