[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Anybody else having issues when decoupling the heatshield on the DSL Pandora?

I have been struggling to get it to work properly. Everytime I decouple it upon landing,(Dun and kerbin) it explodes into the skycrane, rover, etc. I've tried it at various speeds, even as slow as 30 m/s and run into issues with it exploding. I've even had it explode while in orbit a time or two. The only way I have been successful is by turning the spacecraft 90 degrees (normal) once craft has gone through atmosphere and ejecting it sideways. Am i missing something here? There must be something I'm doing wrong.

lisY2pc.jpg

JcYVXTh.jpg

sQRc4Ae.png

I am having the exact same problem been testing it on kerbin and it explodes every single time

Yogui I have a request would it be possible to take the laser out of the Pandora Head and replace that functionality with a camera. The Ltek guys are doing science with pictures and I think that this would be better than having a laser but thats my opinion

Edited by Virtualgenius

Hello, i'm experiencing a bug i don't believe i found in this thread, it's about the Zeus Telescope.

It seems that when i zoom in on a planet i experience rendering problems, the planet jitters and disappears for a few seconds. the strange thing is that it affects the moons as well.

I'm using Universe Replacer and the Clouds mod but i tried removing them and it didn't help at all, so they can't be the cause. I used to have Kethane installed but not anymore, and i don't believe I've left some files over in the gamedata folder. Can anybody help me address this?

thank you very much

Edited by Dolin

I'm having trouble with the MEM. When I'm orbiting Kerbin or Mun, the CM capsule spontaneously detaches from the engine. Even holding with strut, still detaches.

Do the part cfg files have breakingForce and breakingTorque? if not that could be why

I didn't find this on the part cfg, but old versions of MEM had not also, but this problem never happened before .22.

Doesn't matter that old versions didn't have it and that it didn't happen prior to 0.22 (which is questionable anyway)

All parts should have the property defined in their configuration file. If it's missing, strange disassembly events can occur even when the vehicle is under no apparent stress. Especially but not limited to times when the spacecraft is in solar orbit.

If you use ModuleManager and experience sudden disassembly of your space craft then you should use the following config file. Put it anywhere in your GameData folder. What it will do is assign properties with a value of 1000 anytime they are missing. Actually 1000 might be excessive so feel free to lower it. I set it at 1000 to cover things like engines. I found out that I did not like my nuclear engines suddenly falling off of the space craft for no reason at all.

Requires either ModuleManager 1.5+ or 1.3 with Sarbian's Extensions.

@PART[*]:HAS[~breakingForce[]]
{
breakingForce = 1000
}
@PART[*]:HAS[~breakingTorque[]]
{
breakingTorque = 1000
}

The cruise stage is supposed to be upside down, that's how they did it IRL.

I'm well aware of that (did you not look at my part resize screenshots?), What I'm saying is *yes* it's supposed to fly that way around, but it also doesn't work from the guidance POV that way around. The package itself is fine but it needs some way to compensate on the cruise stage for being bass-akwards as far as KSP is concerned. As it is now, if you added a flight computer to the cruise stage it'd be upside down too (and also it didn't have one IRL IIRC , the guidance was all in the skycrane/rover package). If you fly it realistically it just isn't working right with MechJeb's guidance until the landing stage.

Anyone fancy writing an IMU re-alignment script? :P

Could you avoid posts that take up the entire page? They're annoying, you don't need to quote OP and write in huge letters to get noticed. Oh, and don't quote vids and images at all. That's redundant.

Also, read the readme before posting, then read the thread. This has been answered. You need Lazor system and Sunbeam extension. Simple as that.

Duna-DSL-Logo.png

[0.22] DSL Pandora: Lionhead and SCSP (The Stinger) are proud to of there last rover: a big un-maned rover to explore new planets. Pandora rover is a replica of the MSL Curiosity rover sent to Mars.

Download DSL_Pandora_v1.4.1 mirror

Pandora is quite large,and hard to launch,so could you either make a custom launcher or shrink Pandora?Just a suggestion.

Pandora is quite large,and hard to launch,so could you either make a custom launcher or shrink Pandora?Just a suggestion.

For now,I resized it to 0.5 re scale factor.

Edit:I went into my game and found that re scale factor changes the weight of the given part,as well.

Edited by OrianCEV

Pandora id 65% of real scale, same as any other scaled realworld part. It shouldn't be hard to launch using 2.5m parts and Procedural Fairings. If you want to do it really nicely, you can scale it to about 0.9 rescale factor and use the United Launch Alliance pack and the Atlas V 504 rocket from that as that's what it used IRL.

Also, no rescaling doesn't rescale the nodes in the .craft file. You have to rebuild it on the smaller scale, but it's not super hard.

Just want to say that I love the look and details to the DSL Pandora rover. But when landing it acts in a strange way. Its as if the center of axis is when rolling or pitching is 20m outside the body of the lander. This makes it really hard to land. Once its on the ground it's great. I hope you can fix this.

I'm not gone but I don't have much time now. I'll make updates after the holidays.

In order to make me things easier and faster can you list me all the issues you find. I'll try to fix it all before a release in january.

Merry Christmas to all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.