[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

10 hours ago, capi3101 said:

That would be a Pondarosa set up as a Blacksmith. Known problem - I've had it for months, and the problem is on OSE's end, ultimately tracable to the last few versions of KIS. No real viable solution has been found as yet besides rolling back KIS two or three versions. Might give that a go.

My own self, I've taken to just using Extraplanetary Launchpads for my printing needs; I pack a Rangeland launchpad and default Hacienda along with my base-seeding kits. It's a kludgy kind of workaround, but it does work.

Thanks for the suggestion! What version should I go back to?

45 minutes ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

I went two versions back (to version 1.24), I'll see how this goes. 

Couldn't say; as mentioned, I've found a workaround. Guessing if you have to go back past 1.22 that I've given you bad advice...

So I am hoping to create a configurable procedural "fuel tank", but I have no idea how capacity factor corresponds to how much fuel it can hold, and I'm hoping to get it accurate so that when it's configured to LFO, it stores the same amount as a procedural fuel tank holding LFO of the same size. Is there a good explination for what "capacityFactor" is?

Also, I'll test the 3d printing fix the moment I can.

Edited by MoonstreamInSpace

43 minutes ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

how capacity factor corresponds to how much fuel it can hold

For WBI convertible storage (most cases), divide by 1800.

For OmniStorage, multiply by 5.

For WBI Multipurpose Habs (functional module templates with some tankage, like Ponderosa, the BrewWorks, greenhouse etc) divide by 8.

Otherwise hold on or press 0 and the operator will appear.

Spoiler

Relevant meme time.

DOExgNH.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 minutes ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

Another question (sorry). Will Pathfinder ever be put on CKAN?

Pathfinder, MOLE, DSEV, Heisenberg, Buffalo all use WildBlueTools, KerbalActuators (which I think is on CKAN now), and others. When I last tried CKAN with those mods, it caused me all kinds of headaches as versions got out of sync. I'd have to work with @linuxgurugamer to see how that could be avoided today.

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Pathfinder, MOLE, DSEV, Heisenberg, Buffalo all use WildBlueTools, KerbalActuators (which I think is on CKAN now), and others. When I last tried CKAN with those mods, it caused me all kinds of headaches as versions got out of sync. I'd have to work with @linuxgurugamer to see how that could be avoided today.

Would be happy to work with you on this

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would be happy to work with you on this

Thank you. :) For Pathfinder, the typical release zip comes with:

000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete - Might be easiest to just bundle along with the Pathfinder folder.
000WildBlueTools
001KerbalActuators - Kerbal Actuators is already on CKAN, I think.
Buffalo
ClassicStockResources
Pathfinder

For Buffalo:

000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete
000WildBlueTools
001KerbalActuators
Buffalo
ClassicStockResources

It might be best to start with Pathfinder and Buffalo as they're pretty typical. I'm not sure if the dependencies would need to be separate from the install zip, and I might need a separate CKAN installation since people are so used to pulling from github and Spacedock. What do you need me to provide? Does CKAN handle auto-updates? I lost that when miniAVC went away (unless it's back)...

Edited by Angel-125

30 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete - Might be easiest to just bundle along with the Pathfinde

Is is part of Baris, or just needed if Baris is installed?

With CKAN I prefer to install mods individually. And just set up the dependencies.

No need for a separate files, the existing ones are fine.

So, let's start at the top.  What are the ClassicStockResources? A mod or just a directory included with it?

Given the dimensions of your mods. I'd  like to get all the dependencies into CKAN first, make sure the are good, and then add the dependents.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is is part of Baris, or just needed if Baris is installed?

With CKAN I prefer to install mods individually. And just set up the dependencies.

No need for a separate files, the existing ones are fine.

So, let's start at the top.  What are the ClassicStockResources? A mod or just a directory included with it?

Given the dimensions of your mods. I'd  like to get all the dependencies into CKAN first, make sure the are good, and then add the dependents.

That is both part of BARIS but required for my other mods to function. It's a dependency for BARIS.

ClassicStockResources is a separate mod: https://github.com/Angel-125/ClassicStockResources

Sound good, getting the dependencies in first sounds like a good idea. :)

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  This came at me a bit cold. So I won't be able to do much for a few days.  What would help is a list of spacedock and github URLs of all the mods that you would like on ckan

Will do, thanks!

Angel and LGG, it would be great if you got WBI fully into CKAN, I just set up a new game and installing all my WBI bits was some downloading and fiddling that everyone could do without :)

Anyone, how does one manufacture Konkrete? In all the times I've used Pathfinder bases I've never made Konkrete, and lots of it is required for the Castillo parts, which I'd like to try.

Just now, vossiewulf said:

Angel and LGG, it would be great if you got WBI fully into CKAN, I just set up a new game and installing all my WBI bits was some downloading and fiddling that everyone could do without :)

Anyone, how does one manufacture Konkrete? In all the times I've used Pathfinder bases I've never made Konkrete, and lots of it is required for the Castillo parts, which I'd like to try.

CKAN integration is already in progress. To make Konkrete, set up a Hacienda and use the Rock Melter omni converter. It will melt Rock into Konkrete (albiet slowly). There's another omni converter that will do the job as well, but I think it's just for Classic Stock Resources.

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

CKAN integration is already in progress.

I was commenting on that conversation above, it won't help me but it will help the next person setting up a game :)

Thanks for the explanation, exactly what I needed. So the strategy is build a normal Pathfinder base, and then manufacture the Konkrete to be able to deploy the Castillo parts.

It turns out that Workshop doesn't work with this mod specifically, throwing out "specified cast is not valid" errors as I mentioned earlier. Because it works with MKS, which also has OSE workshop as a configuration option on some of its parts, but uses a system that is directly in the config file, I have a theory it is a problem with the template system. 

Edited by MoonstreamInSpace

e25NUBf.jpg

It's actually a MKS/JNSQ game, the command module there with the auxiliary cans and viewing modules manage to provide 240 days of hab time for five Kerbals, three engineers and two scientists for the Doc Science. Although these two systems aren't particularly compatible, I want to set up the Castillo parts because giant Mun base. But it's already krakened and rebuilt once, I don't know if it will stay together. The ground is dead pool-table flat and I'm using the highest detail terrain setting, but the four larger landers with pseudo-SpaceX landing legs are slowly migrating east and will probably run into each other and explode at some point, and the Pathfinder parts rearranged themselves pretty severely on a reload. 

No criticism there Angel, it's just a lament of the nature of KSP, it hates anything other than very small bases. Even so, still fun to put together and it wasn't exactly easy getting in those 3.75m landers with various MKS/USI-LS resources all within KAS range of each other.

And a question, I have a Hacienda set with Omniconverter 1 on Rock Melter and I have 242 excess EC, and two engineers are present in the Hacienda- but I'm getting no Konkrete production. I have a Chuckwagon set to hold Konkrete, and it's sitting there at 0 of 5k. Am I missing something, or do we need to look in the logs?

4 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

And a question, I have a Hacienda set with Omniconverter 1 on Rock Melter and I have 242 excess EC, and two engineers are present in the Hacienda- but I'm getting no Konkrete production. I have a Chuckwagon set to hold Konkrete, and it's sitting there at 0 of 5k. Am I missing something, or do we need to look in the logs?

Do you have Rock storage setup anywhere? If not, there's your issue. You don't need a lot.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:25 AM, MoonstreamInSpace said:

It turns out that Workshop doesn't work with this mod specifically, throwing out "specified cast is not valid" errors as I mentioned earlier. Because it works with MKS, which also has OSE workshop as a configuration option on some of its parts, but uses a system that is directly in the config file, I have a theory it is a problem with the template system. 

Turns out MKS is actually broken too.