[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 minutes ago, Araym said:

Yeah... Leo IVA was for the FASA Gemini. It is a good one, detailed enough to have sandwich on board... sadly was for a pod dimensioned for a 2.5m titan, rather BDB's one at 1.875, so in overlay is bigger than the capsule itself

(even if, for the clear resemblance on the old Tantares Spica-Gemini from where was derived, that I keep using too, for the BDB Leo-Gemini I use the one made by Beale: it was easier to match the IVA windows to those of the pod to look outside when in internal view, even if still bigger in a scale similar to the FASA one)

Hmmm... Know I'm curious to see how the FASA LM and CSM IVA's would line up. (And if we can cram 5 kerbals into the CSM IVA.)

51 minutes ago, Jso said:

ahem :)

w-why

And I think I might work on Aardvark (Kanaloa!) tonight. I have the Blk3 Mission module and HGA mostly done. Should I split the front of the AARDV off so that it can have different docking systems placed on top? In fact, having 'Apollo' texture style adapters would be nice...

Meanwhile...

IUfJWQr.png

Cleaning up the Saturn 1C meshes that @VenomousRequiem sent me. Might be able to slap a texture on tonight!

Edited by CobaltWolf

41 minutes ago, Jso said:

For the 4.25/6.375 (1.133333333 rescale) version.

We could call it the 17/15 lunatics edition. 17 out of 15 lunatics agree, it's the superior size. 

/s

am I doing it right?

/s mode off, we're trying to get the upscaled edition ready for when Kopernicus is updated properly. (It.. Works currently, in the sense that a car with three round wheels and one square one does... You go somewhere, but kinda crooked and really really uncomfortably ><)

4.25/6.325 sizes are being tried experimentally.

@JSO, I've been using that PF interstage I made forever ago, for the moment. 

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

was this before modders decided to make non-standard sizes, such as 93.7 cm, 150 cm, 187 cm, and 562 cm?

You always could do it... FASA decided not to. So stock scale FASA is really inaccurate. Also, worth noting that at the time 3.75m and 5m were non-standard.

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You always could do it... FASA decided not to. So stock scale FASA is really inaccurate. Also, worth noting that at the time 3.75m and 5m were non-standard.

That brings back memories of the Bobcat Jool V, possibly the largest mod rocket of it's time. Granted, BDB' s Sarnus V would absolutely dwarf it now.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Should I split the front of the AARDV off so that it can have different docking systems placed on top? In fact, having 'Apollo' texture style adapters would be nice...

Missed this before. With 64bit actually working, the minor blip of an extra part (or 200) isn't as awful as it once was.

The extra flexibility would be worth it. It keeps thematically with the agena and Gemini derived cargo craft as well. 

And yes, moar delicious adapters are always nice. 

(apparently my phone has learned and accepted "moar" as being correct in context ... ><)

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

w-why

And I think I might work on Aardvark (Kanaloa!) tonight. I have the Blk3 Mission module and HGA mostly done. Should I split the front of the AARDV off so that it can have different docking systems placed on top? In fact, having 'Apollo' texture style adapters would be nice...

keep it as 93.75 cm, just like the Kane.

Just now, Drakenex said:

I now it kinda sucks, but since is the only submission to the daily BDB challenge what's my prize???

[SNIPPED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT]

your prize is a lifetime supply of self doubt about your creations!  you are probably going to need it... (I'm sorry but take some PRIDE in your stuff. It was really cool and interesting)

Okay... The FASA CSM is a worse fit then the K-P0110. However, I got some really good ideas on how to lay out a complicated IVA like the CSM. And I finally realized what's throwing off a lot of my IVA attempts. The hatch doesn't match the forward windows. I just need to let that go and I think I'll be in business.

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Two words: git gud

Seriously though, I think somewhere in the mod folder there's a config you can change to your liking. 

OK, I'll experiment around. I'd say maybe 10 Kerbin days for the S-IVB maybe? And if you're wondering why I'm asking, it involves MOL, Saturn V, and Duna.

Edited by legoclone09

13 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

OK, I'll experiment around. I'd say maybe 10 Kerbin days for the S-IVB maybe? And if you're wondering why I'm asking, it involves MOL, Saturn V, and Duna.

I don't know what version you have (ALL: GO GET THE LATEST VERSION WHEN CHECKING AN ISSUE) but I think we have a section in the "esc, options" menu as a possible feature of 1.2.

Regular PSA for the rest of you guys: "This is borked" is an "ok" post, (although opening an issue on github is even better for bugs), "why is this borked?" Is less ok. If you have that question, it means we need to change the tubes in the giant flashing neon sign, that says "YOU ARE RUNNING A HOT DEV SNAPSHOT OF A MOD ON A SHAKY PRELEASE KSP, DANGER WILL ROBINSON!"

having said all that, I believe the intent is for them to boil off that fast: theyre not insulated tanks. Although this is why the options menu exists.*

*if option menu is not found, update and recheck; it's likely a, not working yet, or b, got le borked by a KSP build update.

Regards, Agent K, The Neon Sign Guy

@komodo By esc to options do you mean to difficulty settings? I heard you can mod difficulty settings now, so maybe have a slider there for boiloff?

EDIT: Also, I mean we're almost at an official Saturn release. Gotta have more hype.

2TscWvH.jpg

Edited by legoclone09

Just now, legoclone09 said:

@komodo By esc to options do you mean to difficulty settings? I heard you can mod difficulty settings now, so maybe have a slider there for boiloff?

Right, somewhere in there. I don't actually recall the wording since the esc menu was changed. We ought to have >1 slider actually, if I read the code right. (I may not have, and we only have 1 slider, as it was 2 am and I hadn't checked it outside the source code.)