[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Araym said:

... pfff ... I did it in 1.1.3... :P

- excuses excuses excuses excuses : as the "Space Race", I WON doing it FIRST :P -

- * DISCLAIMER * I'm obviously joking :P -

You did it in an usupported version. DISQUALIFIED! You are awarded no points. You sir get nothing.

4 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I want a Saturn Shuttle, so I will need said probe core.

*snipsnip*

I'm a little befuddled by this; is the shuttle not a valid command point? Or are you going for the full S1C flyback model?

In slightly more tongue in cheek mode, Saturn Shuttle is so passé; Saturn Buran is way more interesting :P 

(I did it way up the thread, but your dumptrucks of hype and macros have buried it long ago ><... search buran on thread for screenshots)

30 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

You did it in an usupported version. DISQUALIFIED! You are awarded no points. You sir get nothing.

... as a professional crossbreeder and "(un)official BDB's tester", that is not an "unsupported version" but rather a "retrofit". I owe double point for the hassle of cfg editing plus another point for the "closer resemblance" to the actual image :P

(EDIT:... and actually, this challenge helped me to find a way to build "custom launch towers" and place them everywhere *_*... now I need just to wait all the plugin for 1.2 to re-start a project of mine... :))

Edited by Araym

7 hours ago, komodo said:

I'm a little befuddled by this; is the shuttle not a valid command point? Or are you going for the full S1C flyback model?

In slightly more tongue in cheek mode, Saturn Shuttle is so passé; Saturn Buran is way more interesting :P 

(I did it way up the thread, but your dumptrucks of hype and macros have buried it long ago ><... search buran on thread for screenshots)

S-IC flyback.

18 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I mean, I made those plumes, unless you did something of your own... So I guess it's my fault. :P

hehe I know! Tried to resize the tower but it seems "rescaleFactor" is not the way.

My vote is for @legoclone09, those lines, curves, the black and white contrast, is feast for the senses!

1 minute ago, Drakenex said:

Let me try with my copy of them, they worked fine in 1.1.3. Whats the issues with yours?

they will not load. it seems that where I put them( directly in /GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts, instead of in a folder to themselves) is not where they would load.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

they will not load. it seems that where I put them( directly in /GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts, instead of in a folder to themselves) is not where they would load.

They work just fine for me in their original location.  They're not going to work in the BDB directory without edits to the config.

2 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

ALL the FASA launch clamps use the call

MODEL {...... <something here> .... }

for their models.

Inside there is the very, precise, folder call to where put the files inside your KSP's GameData folder. If you move the4 parts around in your GameData folder aside where they were thought to be (FASA/Misc/... etc etc for each part's folder) they obviously do not load.

Create a folder called: FASA
Inside it, create a folder called: Misc
Inside that folder: put the various parts' folders

... Launch KSP

... find your new launch clamps

... xxxxxx

... profit and enjoy

(... where they should belong, if you do not wanna edit each part's cfg to the new folder you moved in the parts...)

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: New fodder for y'all:

http://www.drewexmachina.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/66-H-1206.jpg

... >_> When NASA launched together 2 rockets???????????

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I need someone to get them working since I was planning on bundling them...

They are working, Cobalt. It's just needed to put them in the original folder, or just know how to edit the file path in the cfg. I know that both task are very "difficoult" (LOL) for someone, but I'm pretty confident that  you could handle the "miracle" :P

Edited by Araym

@Araym can you just make a Pull Request? :P And it's a double exposure - one half of the lens was covered to leave the film blank after one launch, repeat for the second, have artists clean up the middle (probably using blank exposure plates taken of each just before launch).

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Araym can you just make a Pull Request? :P

(>_>)° Now you are abusing of me...
... where do you like that I should put the launch towers???
(... and you could eventually read this in a LOT of meanings........ :P)

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

And it's a double exposure - one half of the lens was covered to leave the film blank after one launch, repeat for the second, have artists clean up the middle (probably using blank exposure plates taken of each just before launch).

Oooohhhhh that makes sense. So......... it's pretty legit too to do 2 launches then merge the images :D

(even if my evil mind could eventually think about a double launch using "burn together".............. I'll see if possible for my horrible laptop to handle a fast transition from a rocket to another one...)

Edited by Araym

Yeah... Leo IVA was for the FASA Gemini. It is a good one, detailed enough to have sandwich on board... sadly was for a pod dimensioned for a 2.5m titan, rather BDB's one at 1.875, so in overlay is bigger than the capsule itself

(even if, for the clear resemblance on the old Tantares Spica-Gemini from where was derived, that I keep using too, for the BDB Leo-Gemini I use the one made by Beale: it was easier to match the IVA windows to those of the pod to look outside when in internal view, even if still bigger in a scale similar to the FASA one)

7 minutes ago, Araym said:

Yeah... Leo IVA was for the FASA Gemini. It is a good one, detailed enough to have sandwich on board... sadly was for a pod dimensioned for a 2.5m titan, rather BDB's one at 1.875, so in overlay is bigger than the capsule itself

(even if, for the clear resemblance on the old Tantares Spica-Gemini from where was derived, that I keep using too, for the BDB Leo-Gemini I use the one made by Beale: it was easier to match the IVA windows to those of the pod to look outside when in internal view, even if still bigger in a scale similar to the FASA one)

was this before modders decided to make non-standard sizes, such as 93.7 cm, 150 cm, 187 cm, and 562 cm?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto