[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

yup, and i have noticed that when set to other things (fusion pellets) its putting lfo or hydro etc in with fusion pellets. but thats on the smaller tanks, on the larger theres no selected fusion pellets, just the lfo from part switch....

15 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

Angel is already onto the problem. Someone brought it up in the IFS thread that it needed to have an exclusion for WBI modules, so that's what you're seeing. I have the problem as well, but a mod or two have the IFS plugin as a dependency.

13 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

Yeah, I think the problem is that you've got IFS along with WBI switching going on. @TheReadPanda had a similar problem. The issue is that IFS doesn't ignore WBI's resource switcher and just steps on it. To fix it, you'll need to edit the IFS config files:

1. Go to the GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches folder.
  2. You'll see a bunch of config files in there, such as IntegrationLiquidFuelOxidizer.cfg.
  3. In the config, you'll see an @PART declaration like so:
    @PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
  4. You'll need to add an additional exclusion: !MODULE[WBIConvertibleStorage],
  5. Save your files and restart KSP.

what did i do wrong, i did this, and still broke...

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[WBIConvertibleStorage],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]

28 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

what did i do wrong, i did this, and still broke...

I'm not seeing what you're seeing, I tried reproducing the steps shown in your video, and in my game the fuel tanks store exactly what and how much I previously set. Did you make those changes to all config files for IFS? Does the IFS fuel switcher show up at all?

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm not seeing what you're seeing, I tried reproducing the steps shown in your video, and in my game the fuel tanks store exactly what and how much I previously set. Did you make those changes to all config files for IFS? Does the IFS fuel switcher show up at all?

yeah its there still, i think my i code is wrong for excluding it but im not sure....

4 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

yeah its there still, i think my i code is wrong for excluding it but im not sure....

Ok, we need to isolate which files are still adding the fuel swythen. There should have been a lot of files in that folder. Need to add the exclusion to all of them.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, we need to isolate which files are still adding the fuel swythen. There should have been a lot of files in that folder. Need to add the exclusion to all of them.

i just left a message for @FreeThinker on the ifs page, the reason this confused me in the beginning was the mmpatch folder doesn't exist in the core IFS install, and it seems a simpler solution could be found... on the bright side im gonna have like 300 more dv on my crafts once this is sorted :P

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

heres a question, why dosent the mule mlm have the same issue? how is it configured differently?

Got a good start on the EDL Frame:

eT6jKeC.png

Here you can see the fuel tank:

9wKnOLb.png

The landing gear and storage boxes will surround the central fuel tank. The frame will also have  a built-in decoupler; by mounting the aerospike on the EDL Tank, the frame becomes a launch pad for the ascent stage, and the aerospike is use for ascents and descents.

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Got a good start on the EDL Frame:

eT6jKeC.png

Here you can see the fuel tank:

9wKnOLb.png

The landing gear and storage boxes will surround the central fuel tank. The frame will also have  a built-in decoupler; by mounting the aerospike on the EDL Tank, the frame becomes a launch pad for the ascent stage, and the aerospike is use for ascents and descents.

NEED!!!!!!!

OK... so maybe I should have expected to see it... but last night I'm watching 2001: A Space Odyssey, and just got to the 3rd part, the mission to Jupiter... 

The Discovery was slowly panning across the screen... when suddenly I saw it... that huge communication antenna... and for a second I thought... 

"Hey, they stole my Platypus antenna!!!"  hehehe

IbSz0hR.png

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK... so maybe I should have expected to see it... but last night I'm watching 2001: A Space Odyssey, and just got to the 3rd part, the mission to Jupiter... 

The Discovery was slowly panning across the screen... when suddenly I saw it... that huge communication antenna... and for a second I thought... 

"Hey, they stole my Platypus antenna!!!"  hehehe

IbSz0hR.png

Yup! It is called the AE-35 array, and there is a sticky note in the Clydesdale IVA concerning it... :wink:

heres a question, in the watney  chem lab, splitting water gets you a lot more oxygen than hydro and dut.... det... google is so far away to check spelling, anyway shouldent there far more of the h compounds and less of the oxidiser? please :P

3 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

heres a question, in the watney  chem lab, splitting water gets you a lot more oxygen than hydro and dut.... det... google is so far away to check spelling, anyway shouldent there far more of the h compounds and less of the oxidiser? please :P

The units converted is based on mass and density. By mass, oxygen makes up the majority of the mass of water.

15 hours ago, bice said:

Hi

Trying to complete some contracts, i'm not able to do it because the system doesn't detect I'm landed.

Did I miss something? See screen capture

You'll need to return those experiments home to get the rewards. Be sure to transfer them into a short logistics module configured for science, then return the experiments to Kerbin.

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

The units converted is based on mass and density. By mass, oxygen makes up the majority of the mass of water.

Damn.... how about a watney template for greenhousees that takes waste, water, ore and a tiny ammount of food and makes alot more food?

Edited by Space Kadet
Punctuation

8 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Damn.... how about a watney template for greenhousees that takes waste, water, ore and a tiny ammount of food and makes alot more food?

Both the TACLS D2 Centrifuge and D2 Greenhouse have greenhouses that take Waste, Water, and CarbonDioxide to produce WasteWater, Oxygen, and Food. :)

Edited by Angel-125

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.