[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

Keeping the docking ports is totally doable. There will be an option in the KSP settings menu that lets you keep the docking ports upon welding, an option to require an EVA to perform the weld, and an option to require someone with the repair skill to do the weld. :)

That doesn't work either... The DSEV is under WildBlueIndustries, do I need to add that somehow? I just checked the MM wiki and it says it needs the name directly under /GameData, but I've never dealt with mods in subdirectories.

I've asked in the MM thread as I a having the same issues with USI mods which are also in a subdirectory.

Edited by Jimbodiah

7 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

That doesn't work either... The DSEV is under WildBlueIndustries, do I need to add that somehow? I just checked the MM wiki and it says it needs the name directly under /GameData, but I've never dealt with mods in subdirectories.

I've asked in the MM thread as I a having the same issues with USI mods which are also in a subdirectory.

DSEVUtils should work.  MM can use either the name of the directory under GameData, or any .dll file it finds.  (Or anything listed in a :FOR[] patch.)

I haven't tried it with DSEVUtils, but I've created several patches for USI mods, both for personal and public use, and as long as you refer to the correct file it should work.

The USI mods I have only contain parts, no DLL. I always use the directory name and that has worked for tons of patches so far. NEEDS[DSEVUtils] doesn't work, already tried it after Angel recommended it. I'll check the patch again, maybe there is another error in there, but the only patches not working are the WildBlue and USI ones (both have subdirectories for each mod). brb

2 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

The USI mods I have only contain parts, no DLL. I always use the directory name and that has worked for tons of patches so far. NEEDS[DSEVUtils] doesn't work, already tried it after Angel recommended it. I'll check the patch again, maybe there is another error in there, but the only patches not working are the WildBlue and USI ones (both have subdirectories for each mod). brb

Which USI mods?  (I submitted a patch ages ago to several of RoverDude's parts-only mods that means there's a FOR[] block in there you can key on.)

DSEV 1.3.0 is here!

- Updated to KSP 1.2. Expect additional patches as KSP is fixed and mods are updated.

New Parts
- Added the T-Intersection Hex Truss. This 3-way hex truss is similar to the Hex Node, but it only has 3 attachment nodes.
- Added the Radial Hex Mount. This radially attached part provides a stack mount for your hex trusses.

Supernova
- Any class with the RepairSkill can now upgrade the Supernova.

Docking ports
- To fix a long standing problem with wobbly spacecraft, you can now weld HexPorts and 3.75m docking rings together. Your docked vessels become one craft. Combine with autostrut to make a solid craft. Once welded together, you can no longer undock the ports.
The Wild Blue tab under the Game Difficulty screen has the following options for docking port welding:
* Require an EVA to weld the ports (default: true): If false, you can weld the ports without requiring an EVA.
* Require the repair skill to weld ports (default: true): if false, anybody can perform the weld.
* Keep docking ports after the weld (default: false): If false, then after welding, the docking ports vanish and the parts are moved together to close the gap. If true, then the docking ports remain in place but will become unusable.
Thanks for showing me how its done, Shadowmage! :)

14 minutes ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Hi angel I was going through your github and I couldn't for the life of me find your early versions of this mod particularly 1.0.5 could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Just curious why 1.0.5?... IIRC, 1.0.6 was the last version fro KSP 1.0.5...which I assume you are playing?

Just now, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Problems with other mods conflicting and not working properly. 1.1./1.1.2/1.2.3/1.2 have been nightmares for me 

huh... I found 1.1.3 to be pretty stable & playable with hundreds of mods.... But yeah, basically I've only stuck to the last minor updates of each major release for play...
ie, 0.90, 1.0.5, 1.1.3...
Probably wont touch 1.2 till 1.2.3, .4 or .5...

But anyways, yeah, I checked, and the last DSEV I have for 1.0.5 is v1.0.6...

@Angel-125 ???

37 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

huh... I found 1.1.3 to be pretty stable & playable with hundreds of mods.... But yeah, basically I've only stuck to the last minor updates of each major release for play...
ie, 0.90, 1.0.5, 1.1.3...
Probably wont touch 1.2 till 1.2.3, .4 or .5...

But anyways, yeah, I checked, and the last DSEV I have for 1.0.5 is v1.0.6...

@Angel-125 ???

Do you have any idea where I can grab that???

Just now, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Do you have any idea where I can grab that???

I did a GitHub purge awhile back and don't have KSP 1.0.5 stuff anymore. I generally don't support previous versions as it's too much work for me to do so.

Speaking of which, here is DSEV 1.3.2.

- Fixed versioning conflicts

Mostly I needed to fix CRP and MM.

My latest attempt at getting to Duna:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskFCVmjm

Courtesy of:

- Orbital Portal Technologies: 'Juno' class SSTO/SSTS Spaceplane

- Allista Tech: Advanced onboard computing systems, flight control and stability assistance.

- Insanity aviation: Advanced spaceplane components and nuclear energy provisioning.

- Umbra Space Industries: Life Support, InSitu Resource Processing equipment

- Wild Blue Industries: DSEV 'Desperado' unmanned Interplanetary stage, 'Buffalo' rover, 'Pathfinder' mobile/agile exoplanetary camping equipment, Science platform and 3D Printing technology

- Tanhiwa Tech: Extraplanetary construction equipment

- Deepreeze Tech: Cryogenic suspension chambers. (you just can't keep 6 Kerbals sane and awake during a 100 day trip with nothing to do then stare out the window.)

any other parts were just found lying beside the road....

Edited by Denko666

15 hours ago, Denko666 said:

My latest attempt at getting to Duna:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskFCVmjm

Courtesy of:

- Orbital Portal Technologies: 'Juno' class SSTO/SSTS Spaceplane

- Allista Tech: Advanced onboard computing systems, flight control and stability assistance.

- Insanity aviation: Advanced spaceplane components and nuclear energy provisioning.

- Umbra Space Industries: Life Support, InSitu Resource Processing equipment

- Wild Blue Industries: DSEV 'Desperado' unmanned Interplanetary stage, 'Buffalo' rover, 'Pathfinder' mobile/agile exoplanetary camping equipment, Science platform and 3D Printing technology

- Tanhiwa Tech: Extraplanetary construction equipment

- Deepreeze Tech: Cryogenic suspension chambers. (you just can't keep 6 Kerbals sane and awake during a 100 day trip with nothing to do then stare out the window.)

any other parts were just found lying beside the road....

Pretty darn cool! Love the mission pics. That OPT shuttle is to die for. :)

8 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

FYI, the thread title still says this is for 1.1.3, not 1.2

I believe you are mistaken. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.