AndrewDraws

[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Recommended Posts

Since you want suggestions for moons of Lomina, why don't you add two? One could be blasted in half with chaotic terrain, the other a dense asteroid . You could say they smashed together, forming the rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daeridanii said:

Since you want suggestions for moons of Lomina, why don't you add two? One could be blasted in half with chaotic terrain, the other a dense asteroid . You could say they smashed together, forming the rings.

Interesting idea. I definitely like it. Once I think of names for them, I'll put it into the "Planned Exoplanets/Exomoons" section and credit you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it, Love it, Love it. Most planet mods have wild and wacky planets that don't make sense and rainbow and all that jazz. While I don't mind that, for me, this is the perfect mod. All the planets are semi-scientifically accurate and they look like actual planets IRL. Props to you devs! Keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RatchetinSpace said:

Love it, Love it, Love it. Most planet mods have wild and wacky planets that don't make sense and rainbow and all that jazz. While I don't mind that, for me, this is the perfect mod. All the planets are semi-scientifically accurate and they look like actual planets IRL. Props to you devs! Keep up the good work!

 

27 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Oh man! Fust looks EXACTLY as I imagined it! Props to you:D

 

Thanks! I've been getting a lot of feedback from you guys and it's really keeping me motivated to continue development. Once I start nearing the final stages of this mod, I might try to make another mod that adds a real alien solar system to be used with RSS. Do you think that's a a good idea for the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Thanks! I've been getting a lot of feedback from you guys and it's really keeping me motivated to continue development. Once I start nearing the final stages of this mod, I might try to make another mod that adds a real alien solar system to be used with RSS. Do you think that's a a good idea for the future?

That's a great idea, what system do you plan to use? Wolf 1061? Kepler 186?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

That's a great idea, what system do you plan to use? Wolf 1061? Kepler 186?

I was thinking about the Gliese 667 system. Its a triple star system with a habitable planet, and I think that would be interesting to try out. If you find any habitable star systems with a bunch of confirmed exoplanets, be sure to tell me so I can check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an idea for a moon of Lomina. It's an asteroid moon with a very eccentric orbit, and could act a little bit like a comet when approaching Lomina, due to it being mostly a pile of rubble and the tidal forces caused by Lomina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2016 at 6:39 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I was thinking about the Gliese 667 system. Its a triple star system with a habitable planet, and I think that would be interesting to try out. If you find any habitable star systems with a bunch of confirmed exoplanets, be sure to tell me so I can check it out.

Well, Kepler 186 and Wolf 1061 are two, then there's GJ 180, Kepler 62, Kepler 296, and (Possibly, because none of them are confirmed, but there's 2 HZ planets) Tau Ceti.

Edited by Spaceception

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice the link to KSP Interstellar website is obsolete. A improved and updated version of KSPI should be directed to KSPI-E development page.  The latest version includes a much improved version of the AlcubierreDrive drive, which can travel up to 100 times the speed of light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

Notice the link to KSP Interstellar website is obsolete. A improved and updated version of KSPI should be directed to KSPI-E development page.  The latest version includes a much improved version of the AlcubierreDrive drive, which can travel up to 100 times the speed of light.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll change that right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, VektorWorlds said:

I see that you're using space engine, huh? :) 

Yeah I know. :) Do you know a way to make completely custom color maps? Searching through the near-infinite space of Space Engine seems like a very ineffective and not legitimate way to make planets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks beautiful and adds some nice endgame content.

Is it compatible with the community resource pack?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2016 at 1:06 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Good idea. However, it sort of reminds me of Laythe, but I'll try to spice it up.

Spiced up? How about... giving it a small ring, thick atmosphere (Like Eve's, but slightly thinker), almost no liquid water (15% of the surface is liquid water, while 22% is ice), while also having 50% of the gravity and only 1/2 degree c above freezing :)

On 2/2/2016 at 4:44 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

What do you guys think of version 0.2? I added a lot of new things and I want to see what you guys think of it!

It's excellent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spaceception said:

You got featured!

Video

Wow! That's really crazy! I never thought the KottabosGames would feature my mod. You don't know how happy I was to see this.

 

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

Spiced up? How about... giving it a small ring, thick atmosphere (Like Eve's, but slightly thinker), almost no liquid water (15% of the surface is liquid water, while 22% is ice), while also having 50% of the gravity and only 1/2 degree c above freezing :)

It's excellent!

I definitely like the idea. Very spicy! I'll try it out and maybe give it a more pronounceable name :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Wow! That's really crazy! I never thought the KottabosGames would feature my mod. You don't know how happy I was to see this.

 

I definitely like the idea. Very spicy! I'll try it out and maybe give it a more pronounceable name :)

Congrats :)

Thanks! Also, I was thinking it would have mostly flat plains. Also also, flight would be really easy.

Edited by Spaceception

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Morthias said:

Looks beautiful and adds some nice endgame content.

Is it compatible with the community resource pack?

 

Not yet. That'll definitely be something I will add in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a problem that will force me to redownload EVERYTHING if not fixed. Please help.

I downloaded Kopernicus yesterday to test if I could have one of those fancy extra star systems; and I also got the Extrasolar: Planets beyond Kerbal pack. Installed it following instructions clearly, loaded a previous save, took 50 million years to load everything but I managed to get into the game. Checked the star system in the tracking station, then tried to switch to one of my ships in munar orbit and the game crashed without even a crash report. I then deleted Kopernicus and Extrasolar, but when I got back to the game, all my saves had been nuked, and clicking the Resume Saved button gave me nothing. Didn't bother too much that I lost the old save, but then I played a bit on a new game, exited, went to sleep, loaded the game today and clicking the Resume Saved button STILL gives me nothing despite a new game. 

I don't know if this is a Kopernicus or Extrasolar (will post in both threads) issue, but it's all I could think of given the timing. Here are all the other mods I still have: 

xf4XsAY.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An awesome idea would be a huge hollow planet that spins very quickly, the backstory would be that the core got so dense it became a mini black hole and swallowed most of the planet before being extinguished leaving a husk. The inside could support an atmosphere or even life and the outside could have very small (say 10-20 meter) holes that would lead to the inside. However there would not be many so the atmosphere would have a large pressure (say 2.5 atm.) the outside would be a black husk and the inside wouldn't be dark as you could incorperate glowing gas, or stones. 

Another cool one would be a lava planet, you could code in a red ocean with a really low crash tolerance or you could incorperate the heating aspect, so your temprature would increase over time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think I would like this mod.

Spoiler

I was the most incorrect person on the planet at that moment.

 

1 hour ago, ChicagoTaco said:

An awesome idea would be a huge hollow planet that spins very quickly, the backstory would be that the core got so dense it became a mini black hole and swallowed most of the planet before being extinguished leaving a husk. The inside could support an atmosphere or even life and the outside could have very small (say 10-20 meter) holes that would lead to the inside. However there would not be many so the atmosphere would have a large pressure (say 2.5 atm.) the outside would be a black husk and the inside wouldn't be dark as you could incorperate glowing gas, or stones. 

Another cool one would be a lava planet, you could code in a red ocean with a really low crash tolerance or you could incorperate the heating aspect, so your temprature would increase over time. 

 

BTW, Welcome to the forums, and I like the lava idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chasewithlasers said:

I'm having a problem that will force me to redownload EVERYTHING if not fixed. Please help.

I downloaded Kopernicus yesterday to test if I could have one of those fancy extra star systems; and I also got the Extrasolar: Planets beyond Kerbal pack. Installed it following instructions clearly, loaded a previous save, took 50 million years to load everything but I managed to get into the game. Checked the star system in the tracking station, then tried to switch to one of my ships in munar orbit and the game crashed without even a crash report. I then deleted Kopernicus and Extrasolar, but when I got back to the game, all my saves had been nuked, and clicking the Resume Saved button gave me nothing. Didn't bother too much that I lost the old save, but then I played a bit on a new game, exited, went to sleep, loaded the game today and clicking the Resume Saved button STILL gives me nothing despite a new game. 

I don't know if this is a Kopernicus or Extrasolar (will post in both threads) issue, but it's all I could think of given the timing. Here are all the other mods I still have: 

xf4XsAY.png

I don't think the problem is one mod in paticular, I think it's just the number of mods which is the problem. Try downloading the Active Texture Managment mod and see if that solves the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.