[1.2 - 1.4] Real Scale Boosters, 0.16 (2018-03-12)

NecroBones

4 hours ago, popeter45 said:

will you add the solid fairings to the stock patch? (i prefer them to procedural fairings)

Aren't those like... Broken in the stock aerodynamics? Thats the problem that LiquidHype and Felbourn and a bunch of others were having. Like that's the reason KWRockety has P. Fairing now instead of solid ones. 

9 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Aren't those like... Broken in the stock aerodynamics? Thats the problem that LiquidHype and Felbourn and a bunch of others were having. Like that's the reason KWRockety has P. Fairing now instead of solid ones. 

Right up until Felbourn created 'Old School Fairings'. Which then allows non-procedural fairings.

6 hours ago, popeter45 said:

will you add the solid fairings to the stock patch? (i prefer them to procedural fairings)

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

1 hour ago, StoryMusgrave said:

Right up until Felbourn created 'Old School Fairings'. Which then allows non-procedural fairings.

Right now the stock patch disables them if it doesn't detect FAR or NEAR in installed. Does OSF alter the aerodynamic occlusion so that they work properly? If so, I can add a check for that. I just figured it would be confusing for people to have them active when they don't work in stock.

EDIT: From the OSF thread

" I've programmed a small plugin to make old fairings work again in the new stock aero model. If you are using NEAR or FAR then you don't need this. "

So it looks like the answer is "yes". I'll add that as another acceptable trigger to allow the PLFs. :)

15 minutes ago, popeter45 said:

i think 1.1.2 broke the stock reconfig

ModuleManager has broken with 1.1.2, I'd imagine a recompiled version will be available shortly.

3 minutes ago, gonzo98x said:

Can't find anything on the forums about 1.1.2

Any release notes anywhere?

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

I got a crash scrapping an RSBengineXLR81 to the parts menu.

I'm not surprised. KSP has a couple of VAB crash bugs currently. It's not related to any particular part.

I've added a small "troubleshooting" section in the OP. I may also split out the "Stockalike" patches to their own thread, on the next update, since it'll be easier to track updates, bug reports, and whatever else that way.

26 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

I've added a small "troubleshooting" section in the OP. I may also split out the "Stockalike" patches to their own thread, on the next update, since it'll be easier to track updates, bug reports, and whatever else that way.

There is no ModuleManager.ConfigCache in GameData in my case ... the last time I exited the game normally, no crash.

What does it mean?

btw I'm testing

and altered the 0_RealismBasics.txt to 0_RealismBasics.cfg - the first says "2 errors", the second says "1 error" on game start.

Could this be the reason of the non-existence of the ModuleManager.ConfigCache ?

If the cache file is missing, you're probably fine (it probably just hasn't made it yet), as long as you do actually have ModuleManager itself installed. :wink:

I can't speak to how the ROMiniFork does things. Any sort of Overhaul mod, by definition, is going to be changing an awful lot of stuff. You'll have to ask them.

@NecroBones Out of curiosity, would you be negative about some more or less custom Launch Clamps / devices? Although most of them would need the whole towers which might be out of the scope of this mod and the effort of modelling those.

6 minutes ago, Theysen said:

@NecroBones Out of curiosity, would you be negative about some more or less custom Launch Clamps / devices? Although most of them would need the whole towers which might be out of the scope of this mod and the effort of modelling those.

Launch towers/clamps are certainly a possibility. It's something I've been keeping in mind, but haven't explored here yet.

42 minutes ago, Mrtinb96 said:

Your boosters pack is the best i know. I totally love it. If you could make real scale SpaceX boosters there can't be no better pack!

Glad you like it! :)

Update posted. For now I'll leave the stockalike patch info here. I still think it's probably a good idea to give it its own thread sooner or later, but no need at the moment.

RSB:

0.13 (2016-05-05) - Update.
 - Adjusted all white textures to make the speckling slightly more subtle.
 - Probe core parts (upper stages with avionics, Saturn IUs) "keep-alive" electrical usage lowered by 20% to match 2.5m stock probe core.
 - Added more Delta-II components: Delta-K upper stage + engine, interstage decoupler, fairings.
 - Updated sample Delta II rocket.

RSB-Stockalike:

0.3 (2016-05-05) - Updates and Fixes.
 - Clamshell fairings will be available if Old School Fairings is installed (not just FAR/NEAR).
 - Added supprt for RSB 0.13 new Delta II parts.
 - Added sample Delta II rocket.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.