What do you do to get rid of kerbals?

Findthepin1

Nearly all the rescued pilots get discharged as soon as they return to KSC. I already have plenty 3 star pilots.
Rescued engineers get discharged or trained based on my current needs. All bases or stations house at least one or more engineers.
Scientists all get trained to a minimum of level 3. I need them all to research the crap out of all the data coming in for off world missions. And more science means more funds and more reputation. :D

The one and only time I had any need to "get rid of kerbals" was when 1.0 first came out and, to celebrate (finally!) the introduction of female kerbals, I decided to launch an all-female space program in a new career game. Of course this meant Jeb, Bill, and Bob were just hanging around with nothing to do, so when I had the tech to do so, I gave them all a promotion and both literally and metaphorically "kicked them upstairs" to a nice cushy desk job on board Starbase Alpha in low orbit.

I had this Eeloo station back in 0.90 where I would send Kerbals I did not need anymore.

Sometimes they wanted to stretch their legs so head down to the planet to drive a few KMs into a not-so-balanced rover.
When they had enough they could come back to the retirement home station.

Since this was before ISRU and I had not installed Kethane or anything else, I had made a part called the KRAKEN DRIVE (based on ppl's stories on the forum) that would had infinite fuel @ 100 thrust.  
It was only used by the shuttle on that station so there was no abuse in game :wink:

Edited by Francois424

I don't. When they look at me with those big, stupid eyes, I just can't bring myself to tell them they have outlived their usefulness.

JK, in fact I don't see any reason to get rid of Kerbals. On the contrary, I sometimes grudgingly accept grindy rescue contracts for the 20th time just to get more Kerbals because hiring them would just cost too much and I need them for my bases, stations, interplanetary ships . And I don't mind having them idling around in the astronaut complex, since their corrupt, incompetent union let them sign away their rights and they have to work for me for free, forever (muhahhahahaaa *rubbing hands*).

10 hours ago, Brainlord Mesomorph said:

I had an engineer who kept sneaking on to flights instead of a pilot. 

So I made him go stand outside next to the runway. He still there.

<sings>

Standin' by the spaceplane runway,

Watchin' the spaceships fly away, yeah;

I'm just standin' by the spaceplane runway,

Wastin' time.

</sings>

1) Place kerbal in front of capital ship.

2) Fire the SRM-6.

3) Poof.

4) No more kerbal...

t1x0SqS.png

Guaranteed to remove unwanted kerbals (provided you can actually hit the broadside of a barn).

Edited by panzer1b

I keep most of my kerbs and the rescued, they are in preparation for some lung duration OPM missions, i got about 40 Kerbs in my careersave, some 4-5 have been fired due to boring name or lack of stupidity, or courage, or beeing male, since i started the save in 0.9, whitout female Kerbs...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.