[WIP] adsii1970's Custom Image Repository

adsii1970

On 12/2/2016 at 7:22 AM, adsii1970 said:

[MOD] OFFICER RANK ADD-ON PACK FOR FINAL FRONTIER MOD

For%20KSP-1.0%20+-green.png   License-NC--SA%204.0-green.png   CKAN-Not%20planned-red.png   KSP%20AVC-Pending-ff69b4.png   GitHub-Available-green.png

About six months ago, I was asked by a forum member to create a set of ribbons that could be used to designate rank using  @Nereid's Final Frontier mod. The only requirements made in the request was for the mod to designate four major types of officer career paths - air, sea, land, and space. The original requester did not respond to any of my private messages for additional parameters, so earlier this week I decided to finish the mod and release it to the general KSP forum public.

REPETITIVE STATEMENT: To use this mod add-on pack, you must have the following mod installed:

This mod add-on pack contains 44 images. The rank insignia was created with being able to instantly know the level of the Kerbal and the branch of service they are in. The structure is loosely based on a combination of the U.S. Army and Navy rank structures but with a twist - the ranks are equal in title across the board (a captain is a captain, regardless of branch). The only change in name structure is once you get to ranks above captain.

Rank Description Ground Forces Air Forces Naval Forces Space Forces
Trainee BVnwnXt.png cvsuPmW.png N1rgys6.png OPey6sX.png
Junior Lieutenant Hvji6lQ.png SEA8YJ9.png A6pr2Xu.png OyjnKxi.png
Lieutenant enIxfaL.png LXW1MWE.png 6hrXX7m.png RU3FO4N.png
Major ZH4Xn3G.png kle1VRX.png rT5ihlV.png yhl8lZr.png
Lieutenant Commander j3AlBKE.png cq9FDS7.png LAN4V3u.png leJxkaT.png
Commander ia0ba6q.png vxudYTh.png N3M6xGN.png b3uiKWz.png
Captain zjZp7lK.png MkvlWrx.png UU1Lrh0.png R92QrFx.png
Brigadier/Commodore JkmIbhP.png 206OjQK.png vj9u8lp.png NLAzLbk.png
Lieutenant General/Lieutenant Admiral uYdKjnl.png yevcZYY.png Xi7xRpw.png 40Y0GB0.png
Major General/Staff Admiral U1KfCpZ.png jpIh4mO.png DXH3b4c.png e5JVVZC.png
General/Admiral ylScy9S.png pxAo204.png DihdiUW.png zV6kDBz.png

--

This add-on pack contains all 44 ranks, however, I will be willing to release each category as a stand-alone plug-in if there is enough interest in this mod.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Download the zip file from GitHub and extract the folder named "adsii1970" to your KSP's GameData folder.

KNOWN ISSUES:

There are very few known issues with this add-on pack. While I do not use this particular set of ranks for my games, I have thoroughly tested it with KSP v. .90, 1.1 and 1.2 without any problems providing you have an updated version of Final Frontier. Here's a list of possible issues and suggestions to resolve them:

• The ribbons in this pack are not visible:
    • This means you have another ribbon add-on pack that uses the same base ID number.
    • This can be resolved only two ways: 1) delete the other add-on pack OR contact me for a different config file. You must include the conflicting mod pack(s) and their config files before I can resolve the issue.
  • The ribbons do not snugly fit against the stock ribbons by Nereid:
    • Yes, this is an optical effect and depends on your video driver and other video settings and...
    • Is contributed to because the beveled edges and shadows on my images and the images created by Nereid are slightly different.

SUPPORT:

Shoot me a private message and be sure to tell me the issue(s)you are experiencing. As long as you can provide me what I need, I will do my best to make the mod work.

PLANNED FEATURES:

Technically, this particular add-on is completed and there are no future plans to add additional images to the officer rank add-on pack. However, I do plan to make this add-on pack where it can be monitored by KSP-AVC.

DOWNLOAD: GitHub

How does a Kerbal get one?

• 1 month later...

At the request of @Young_Keddish, I created a few images to use as rocket splashes and flags.

The rocket splashes:

9PAJiBM.png  4L7A8Xb.pngLkyNTS0.png

His idea for these were to use these as both the United States and Soviet Space programs had horizontal lettering on their second-stage launch vehicles. To use these, in the VAB, use the new stock flags to place them in the desired location. In the PAW for the flag, change the setting from "horizontal" to "vertical."

The flags:

QkKGjBZ.png  7q0z4Em.png   DSsXdRs.png  idHXKUN.png

All of these images will appear in the flag selector area of the craft editor (or flagpole) under the "Agency" listing for flags.

Do not attempt to download these images from IMGUR and paste them into your Flags folder. Imgur does something funky to the metadata of the file. Whatever it is that they do to images may cause it not to appear or behave properly in the game.

Download available: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0skaozya528p8im/AAD_KFbhtoXVcymSmdQ6mlyaa?dl=0

Creative Commons License
This work by adsii1970 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/132488-wip-adsii1970s-custom-image-repository/.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I know that's a typo, but I really want to see the Threat of the Year award now... lol  

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

The great part is that it isn't a typo!

This is from the "because you asked" department. Enjoy the image for the "Threat of the Year, 2021." Please note, what threat of the year would not be complete without...

RbjZ9Ml.png?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.