SpannerMonkey(smce)

[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

Recommended Posts

On 9/10/2018 at 6:40 PM, Polyus said:

What parts are these? 

Hi they are parts of the unreleased craft below, which is in turn part of an unreleased full sized marine mod.  Given the current state of KSP, BDA KSP forums and customer interactions i have no plans to release any new mods or parts.
 

Spoiler

vHxWknW.gif

 

On 9/9/2018 at 5:41 AM, Aspacedog said:

Any help is appreciated

Hi downloads are also available from spacedock https://spacedock.info/profile/SpannerMonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aw that sucks. Not really sure what you meant with the second sentence, but the missile pack is nice at least.

Edited by Polyus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering: a bunch of parts from this expansion are double listed in both the SMArmoryTrucks/SMArmoryTanks categories as well as the structural category. Is this as intended? And if not (or if so, even) is there a better way to change it other than manually editing each config file?

Certainly not a huge deal, but given how the SMI structure helps clean up and organize all the parts, it struck me as a bit odd.

Thanks for your great work on all these mods all the same!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Well, that absolutely sucks. Sorry for bringing it up. I'm genuinely sad that you guys won't be doing more, cause you make amazing things.

Edited by Polyus
formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few posts have been trimmed from this thread due to some harshly accusatorial comments. Please express yourselves without attacking other forum members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, when i install all of the SM mods, should my directory look like this?

SM AFVs
SM Industries
SM OST and T
SMI MissilesLaunchers
SM Armoury
SM Marine
Squad
(and other installed mods)

thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Powered By Sprinkles said:

hi, when i install all of the SM mods, should my directory look like this?

SM AFVs
SM Industries
SM OST and T
SMI MissilesLaunchers
SM Armoury
SM Marine
Squad
(and other installed mods)

thanks in advance

That looks correct to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 11:10 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi they are parts of the unreleased craft below, which is in turn part of an unreleased full sized marine mod.  Given the current state of KSP, BDA KSP forums and customer interactions i have no plans to release any new mods or parts.
 

  Reveal hidden contents

vHxWknW.gif

 

Hi downloads are also available from spacedock https://spacedock.info/profile/SpannerMonkey

The tracks get bugged behind the ground and don't work:

 

9Xk7LYx.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Luc1fer said:

The tracks get bugged behind the ground and don't work:

Spoiler

9Xk7LYx.png

 

Try installing the WorldStabilizer bug fix.  It determines at physics start whether models are submerged and raises them a bit, among its work-arounds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Try installing the WorldStabilizer bug fix.  It determines at physics start whether models are submerged and raises them a bit, among its work-arounds.

 

not supported for 1.4.5, thx anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Luc1fer said:

not supported for 1.4.5, thx anyway

WorldStabilizer works in KSP 1.4.5 just fine.  And should solve models getting stuck in the ground on load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jacke said:

WorldStabilizer works in KSP 1.4.5 just fine.  And should solve models getting stuck in the ground on load.

reinstalled and worked, thx ^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue as above, however installing worldstabilizer didn't seem to help. I also have it on normal wheels from the mod too. (Stock works fine)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 9:22 AM, Nathaniel411 said:

I have the same issue as above, however installing worldstabilizer didn't seem to help. I also have it on normal wheels from the mod too. (Stock works fine)

Have you installed all dependencies for kerbal foundries??  your gamedata folder should also contain KSPWheel folder.  Although all you need for the tracks to work is Module manager  KSPWheel,  SMAFV's and SMIndustries

On 9/15/2018 at 7:48 PM, Polyus said:

not making any more parts

Hi as mentioned there are issues,  some but not all related to KSP,  however it should be appreciated that I've been modding KSP for a long time now, and played it for longer so taking a break is not entirely unexpected . 

So we'll call this a hiatus, in the hope that should the manpower/ enthusiasm become available and the rage felt, not unjustly, by certain parties cool , the mods that form the core plugins for my projects can be restored to the former stability and reliability. As without those my mods are mostly ornamental

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Have you installed all dependencies for kerbal foundries??  your gamedata folder should also contain KSPWheel folder.  Although all you need for the tracks to work is Module manager  KSPWheel,  SMAFV's and SMIndustries

Oh, didn't know it required kerbal foundries. They work nicely now. I have noticed I need to invert the tracks everytime, (I invert the ones on the right, and un-invert the ones on the left).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Have you installed all dependencies for kerbal foundries??  your gamedata folder should also contain KSPWheel folder.  Although all you need for the tracks to work is Module manager  KSPWheel,  SMAFV's and SMIndustries

Hi as mentioned there are issues,  some but not all related to KSP,  however it should be appreciated that I've been modding KSP for a long time now, and played it for longer so taking a break is not entirely unexpected . 

So we'll call this a hiatus, in the hope that should the manpower/ enthusiasm become available and the rage felt, not unjustly, by certain parties cool , the mods that form the core plugins for my projects can be restored to the former stability and reliability. As without those my mods are mostly ornamental

Y'know what? It's all good. Take all the time you need, man! I get it, I do. I probably wouldn't still be playing without your mods. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 7:24 AM, Polyus said:

Y'know what? It's all good. Take all the time you need, man! I get it, I do. I probably wouldn't still be playing without your mods. :D

Hi thanks for your support,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found a futuristic nuke-protected tank of 1950s: Chrysler TV-8

Spoiler

news-59_1.jpgnews-59_2.jpgpost-519420150-0-52829500-1413540625.jpg

 

It's like a descendant of TV-1 concept
 

Spoiler

ldtwf1b9xs201.jpg

and a counterpart of Object 279
 

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLzQn92-Zgf_lLaPv48FWimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgfK7SjyWkxoihkl4kc-p


Maybe it can be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SpannerMonkey(smce)

The tracks in the mod do not work. When the tank spawns, it falls to the bottom of the hull and the tracks seem to act void or however it is said. The wheels work well and so do the engines but the tracks don't. any suggestions? 

Edited by k9wolflord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some posts have been removed. 

Guys, if you feel a post is a problem, please just hit the report button on it and let the moderators deal with it. That's what we're here for. Also, please keep in mind that not everybody grew up speaking English. Did the person in question here? I don't know, and the point is, before you go assigning blame, neither do you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I need to install all of them to work or can I just install 2 of them( the SM_Armory and the SM AFVs Tanks and trucks)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 6:44 PM, k9wolflord said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce)

The tracks in the mod do not work. When the tank spawns, it falls to the bottom of the hull and the tracks seem to act void or however it is said. The wheels work well and so do the engines but the tracks don't. any suggestions? 

Make sure KSPWheel from Kerbalfoundries is updated. Aside from that, if you are using 1.5 or 1.6 I cannot say that these have even been tested for that. Spanner has had real life issues to deal with lately and KSP has not been a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JPGSP said:

Do I need to install all of them to work or can I just install 2 of them( the SM_Armory and the SM AFVs Tanks and trucks)? 

You can install any combination of those, as long as SM Industries is also installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now