benjee10

[1.6.X] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts! | 0.2.0 - Solar Arrays, Truss, Radiators release!

Recommended Posts

 

53 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Карта нормалей, например, карта нормалей не загружается или читается неправильно. Я знаю, что в 1.8 они немного изменили поведение Шейдера, который вызвал это в некоторых частях переадресации (который я сейчас исправил), но я не получил эту ошибку при тестировании деталей HabTech в 1.8. 

Вы можете использовать версию SpaceDock или GitHub? GitHub - это более свежая, поэтому мне интересно, что она там или она просто устарела в выпуске SpaceDock. 

Да, я скачал HabTech2 с GitHub

[Moderator added translation]
Yes, I downloaded the HabTech2 from GitHub

Edited by James Kerman
Added translation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, VASTEG said:

 

Да, я скачал HabTech2 с GitHub

[Moderator added translation]
Yes, I downloaded the HabTech2 from GitHub

That is strange. Does the same happen with the space dock version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, benjee10 said:

That is strange. Does the same happen with the space dock version?

The version from SpaceDock turned out to be more working. Now the textures are displayed correctly. Thanks! Everything worked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Japanese Experiment Module is finally getting its Exposed Facility:

Screen_Shot_2020-02-20_at_22.23.14.png

Screen_Shot_2020-02-20_at_22.23.19.png

Mount will be switchable. Experiment packages will be separate parts. Haven't decided what to do about the robotic arm yet!

This will hopefully be part of an update to feature the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer, External Stowage Platforms/Logistics Carriers, and a bunch of little greeblies (antennas etc.) that we've been missing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm having trouble with the solar truss, I can't mount anything (ie grapple point) to the outside.  Also, anything that spawns with it is hundreds of meters in the sky.  This problem is persistent as of 1.8.1 and 1.9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hikerchick29 said:

Hi, I'm having trouble with the solar truss, I can't mount anything (ie grapple point) to the outside.  Also, anything that spawns with it is hundreds of meters in the sky.  This problem is persistent as of 1.8.1 and 1.9

You can’t mount anything directly to the solar truss by design, as it will be left behind when the truss rotates to track the sun. To manoeuvre it into place you’ll need to use node attach.

I noticed that bug earlier, it’s something which happened in previous versions but thought I’d fixed, I can’t quite remember what causes it so if anyone has any info that’d save me a lot of trial and error...

Edited by benjee10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hype!

10 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Haven't decided what to do about the robotic arm yet!

Doesn't your Shuttle pack use the DLC robotics? But Kibō's robotic arm is for experiments, not for assembly manipulation, so couldn't it just be an animated part like the rover science arms in Breaking Ground? Not sure if it's feasible, but maybe a MM config to switch its function to the latter for those who don't have the DLC

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Hype!

Doesn't your Shuttle pack use the DLC robotics? But Kibō's robotic arm is for experiments, not for assembly manipulation, so couldn't it just be an animated part like the rover science arms in Breaking Ground? Not sure if it's feasible, but maybe a MM config to switch its function to the latter for those who don't have the DLC

Yes, and I do plan to add Canadarm2 which will be powered by robotics in the same way, but again that's used for construction. 

There's no real reason to have the Kibo arm be actually functional and it would be a big drain on part count - so I guess animated in the best way to go? But then it just becomes a piece of decoration, unless I give it a science experiment but that might seem a bit strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 10:28 AM, benjee10 said:

You can’t mount anything directly to the solar truss by design, as it will be left behind when the truss rotates to track the sun. To manoeuvre it into place you’ll need to use node attach.

I noticed that bug earlier, it’s something which happened in previous versions but thought I’d fixed, I can’t quite remember what causes it so if anyone has any info that’d save me a lot of trial and error...

Just seeking for advice.

Is that any way put a spacecraft with solar truss in orbit? )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I just wanted to confirm, the latest files (via Spacedock) are the version 0.2.0, correct?

Version 0.2.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3

Released on 2019-03-19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Hi all, I just wanted to confirm, the latest files (via Spacedock) are the version 0.2.0, correct?

Version 0.2.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3

Released on 2019-03-19

Latest version is 0.2.1 (look at rist post, link to github) from 2. April 2019 for KSP 1.6.3 (but worked in 1.7.x and should work in 1.8.x and 1.9.x if you use the newest versions of dependencies)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Latest version is 0.2.1 (look at rist post, link to github) from 2. April 2019 for KSP 1.6.3 (but worked in 1.7.x and should work in 1.8.x and 1.9.x if you use the newest versions of dependencies)

Ah, I see on Github now. I was looking at Spacedock. 

It says 0.2.1 is the "pre-release" and 0.2.0 is the "public release" so my understanding is 0.2.0 is maybe more "stable"? I guess just pending some feedback/testing.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Latest version is 0.2.1 (look at rist post, link to github) from 2. April 2019 for KSP 1.6.3 (but worked in 1.7.x and should work in 1.8.x and 1.9.x if you use the newest versions of dependencies)

this version gives a serious error on B9 part switch

vCAT594.png

At least I think this error is related to Hab Tech ? Anyone knows how to solve this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know it is a know B9PartSwitch error which is fixed with the newest versions. Otherwise it can be ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the latest version of B9 for 1.8.1. I will double check via ckan and the git repo. if it's up to date, then i will ignore it and see what will happen

 

Edit : Yup, I have the latest version (2.13.0)

Edited by Jiraiyah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

I have the latest version of B9 for 1.8.1. I will double check via ckan and the git repo. if it's up to date, then i will ignore it and see what will happen

 

Edit : Yup, I have the latest version (2.13.0)

Also had this issue with tundra exploration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rettter3 said:

Also had this issue with tundra exploration

2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

I have the latest version of B9 for 1.8.1. I will double check via ckan and the git repo. if it's up to date, then i will ignore it and see what will happen

 

Edit : Yup, I have the latest version (2.13.0)

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

As far as I know it is a know B9PartSwitch error which is fixed with the newest versions. Otherwise it can be ignored.

This is a commonly reported bug I'm aware of and that will be fixed in the next release. It's literally a typo in a configuration file. Luckily doesn't have any real effect so you can play normally. If anything I would avoid using the 'Bearing' variant of the truss connector port as it may be that some transforms are not loading in properly. 

16 hours ago, scottadges said:

Ah, I see on Github now. I was looking at Spacedock. 

It says 0.2.1 is the "pre-release" and 0.2.0 is the "public release" so my understanding is 0.2.0 is maybe more "stable"? I guess just pending some feedback/testing.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

The only major difference between 0.2.0 and 0.2.1 is that 0.2.1 has an IVA for the Cupola module. There are a few other tweaks and changes but nothing massive. Both are 'stable' but 0.2.1 isn't a public release as it doesn't have a complete set of features for that phase. So for instance some things may be implemented on some parts but not others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Benjee, huge fan of your shuttle. I wanted to build the HabTech2 space station, but I can't because there is no video or manual on how to make it. If you could give me information that would be perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Operation_Blackbird said:

Hey Benjee, huge fan of your shuttle. I wanted to build the HabTech2 space station, but I can't because there is no video or manual on how to make it. If you could give me information that would be perfect!

@Friznit has a page on his Unofficial Bluedog Design Bureau Wiki that details the construction of the ISS. It’s mainly for outlining the process/timeline of how the ISS was constructed(quite helpful for career!), but it also shows which parts go to what section. 
 

Here’s a link: https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/International-Space-Station

Hope it helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Operation_Blackbird said:

Hey Benjee, huge fan of your shuttle. I wanted to build the HabTech2 space station, but I can't because there is no video or manual on how to make it. If you could give me information that would be perfect!

Don't forget, you'll need Tantares for the Russian modules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Operation_Blackbird said:

I made the ISS partly, but now need help on the connectors and the russian parts.

Some reference:

 

front_ISS_2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Some reference:

Very nice. Doesn't Tantares have the longer cylindrical tanks on Zarya anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 2:47 AM, Drakenex said:

Some reference:

 

front_ISS_2.png

Why every single ISS build with this mod has incorrect trusses? There is a reason mod has hex part with ofset node. S3 to S1 and P3 to P1 needs ofset :)

International_Space_Station_pillars.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.