Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

I'm loving these packs so far!

Kethane actually gives meaning to my play time now and I just wanted to say thank you for that and I can't wait until the next release!

One question though, is there any way to make the deposit map persistent when I close KSP and re-open it? I spent eight hours yesterday landing a fleet of mining craft, only to find this morning when I opened it back up the locations of the deposits have changed. Is this something your team has considered? If so, will it be available in the next release?

Here is my Miner Probe, run on Ion engines with liquid boosters for landing procedures. :)

Generally, it should stay - if not, that may be a bug that we'll look at :)

I hope so! I am sad I now have to reposition everything. :(

It shows on the map that the deposits are still the same, but when I run the detector it doesn't pick up on any kethane I have already scanned even though it shows on the map.

Just a newbish question but how do you use the miner/scanner everything? I have the controller, just don't know how to use XD

Controller on its own just makes the GUI appear.

Each individual parts speaks for itself. With the sensor you put it on a satellite and orbit a celestial object to scan its surfice.

With a vessel with miner attached you go to a pocket that the sensor satellite discovered and put it there on the ground. Start

mining and you have Kethane!

Time for some serious Kethane mining(four really big pics,incoming)

lWR3D.pngROvSi.jpgAeGvf.jpgFVUIg.jpg

Last pic shows the mobile rig that this monster is replacing once I get it balanced so it's not so hard to fly.

Edited by Leon_Brooks
Put 16000l as holding capacity...Bigger then I thought lulz.

I think the payload pack is awesome! I would love to see a 3m version to hide those huge rockets for in the future when new planets come =) It will help with aerodynamics if you could cover up the 3 man pod. Plus it will make the rockets look amazing in the end as well. ;) Oh and I almost forgot..a matching decouple for the parts would be nice =) a strong one too. Not those wobble ones we have now. They annoy me.

Edited by TG_bigboss

Time for some serious Kethane mining(four really big pics,incoming)

Last pic shows the mobile rig that this monster is replacing once I get it balanced so it's not so hard to fly.

Pretty awesome Leon. I see the Deep Space Mod there but where did you get the landing legs (they look nice and strong) and the side parts that the engines are attached too?

Pretty awesome Leon. I see the Deep Space Mod there but where did you get the landing legs (they look nice and strong) and the side parts that the engines are attached too?

Thank you

MrPwner is correct. Those parts are from NovaPunch. Got it back in July. Word to the wise:Never delete modpacks unless they suck/become unusable.

Oh and I almost forgot..a matching decouple for the parts would be nice =) a strong one too. Not those wobble ones we have now. They annoy me.

I second this, while you can just put struts from the payload to the fairings they stick through and sometimes placing them is difficult at best.

Controller on its own just makes the GUI appear.

Each individual parts speaks for itself. With the sensor you put it on a satellite and orbit a celestial object to scan its surfice.

With a vessel with miner attached you go to a pocket that the sensor satellite discovered and put it there on the ground. Start

mining and you have Kethane!

hi :) can we get a more little version of that sensor pls? so we can add it on satellite's moveable arms instead of top or side of them ect... :)

Thank you

MrPwner is correct. Those parts are from NovaPunch. Got it back in July. Word to the wise:Never delete modpacks unless they suck/become unusable.

:) I have a folder on my computer, appropriately called mods, that has all of the mods for all of the games I've ever played with mods. And all of the changes that I've made to said mods.

So I think I'm good. Nice this is KSP mods are usually pretty small so I can even store multiple version of mods too incase one gets broken. :P

@Drone: Are they balanced symmetrically? I admit to not having launched too many kethane tank crafts, but the ones that I have haven't had any more issues than normal.

Every single craft I try to put in orbit with Kethane tanks on spins wildly out of control. Do the Kethane tanks have any wierd issues involving drag and lift and what not?

Do you have the pump on those ships? It's heavy enough that it could offset a ship's balance when mounted radially. I have no such problems with the tanks or other parts, as long as I mount them symmetrically.

Hey guys a little update.

I'm a freelancer so I sometimes get called for jobs, and currently I am in such project that requires all my attentional and this will stay for another 2 weeks. Kulesz is also busy with his job so stuff are progressing slowly. JhonnyD keeps working on his new pack and I will inform him about people wanting to have 3m payload fairings.

Even tho we are extremely busy, our new Kethane Plugin is coming along quite well.

You're doing more or less right but your orbit is not inclined so you'll only map the equator.

If you found something, it will be marked as a green spot. You'll also see the size and depth of the deposit, and last lat/long will show you the last position you found.

seriously im kind of angry at you for sucking up so much of my time, this mod is so well done and its in such an early stage.

PS question; does anyone have a known setup that works with solar panels + batteries + ion engine?

Edited by Wicker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.