Jump to content

[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System


Recommended Posts

On 4/30/2016 at 0:02 PM, sDaZe said:

1.1.0

- Added a Hurricane to Earth (SVE)

- Made the Saturn texture better

- Made the Earth Scatterer better

- Made the Download folder better

- Fixed a bug with the moon making the Farside of it face Earth

- Fixed a few Sun bugs 

:) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Berlin said:

that would be really cool! hopefully it gets updated to 1.1.x in the future. Id love to try it out

It is still alpha never released, dont be misled by version number he is starting eve integration

Edited by selfish_meme
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

It is still alpha never released, dont be misled by version number he is starting eve integration

oh ok cool maybe we will collaborate in the future

 

Edited by Berlin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought, don't call it stock inclination, I don't know what that refers to, 0 inclination, stock kerbin inclination, stock RSS inclinations, maybe have real inclinations and 0/easy inclinations, just trying to save you boys some support questions

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Berlin @sDaZe, just downloaded the latest version and you are missing detailStorm texture from SVE, which is causing a parsing error for the clouds.cfg and stopping any more clouds other than kerbin aurora being seen

Edited by selfish_meme
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

@Berlin @sDaZe, just downloaded the latest version and you are missing detailStorm texture from SVE, which is causing a parsing error for the clouds.cfg and stopping any more clouds other than kerbin aurora being seen

I have the same issue no clouds at all show up

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stuff said:

I have the same issue no clouds at all show up

If you find the clouds config in SVE just change the DetailStorm entry to Storm, that will get it going for now. But it might not have the Hurricane

Edited by selfish_meme
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! First of all I want to congratulate @Berlin and @sDaZe for your amazing work and dedication to this mod. I love it and I wouldn't change almost anything in it. Almost.

The only thing that concerns me is the recent change on the Moon orbit to the stock Mün altitude. Seeing that super Moon from Earth surface creates a feeling of irreality. I haven't seen you post the reason to change it. I think that it is a good decision to change the distance between planetary systems to match stock distances. But I also think that you shouldn't do be the same within each planetary system and that you should respect the proportions between the planets, their moons and their orbits.

Even if I disagree with that change I want to iterate my love for this mod and my appreciation of your hard work

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok I dont know if I have something installed wrong but I took a trip to the moon, as soon as I was away from earth a little bit i circle around to look at the earth it looks like a black disk that you cant see through. it will cover the planet earth the more you circle your ship. as I get closer to the moon the same thing happens except when the ship is facing the moon the view is blocked from the front of the ship by the same disk shaped thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stuff said:

ok I dont know if I have something installed wrong but I took a trip to the moon, as soon as I was away from earth a little bit i circle around to look at the earth it looks like a black disk that you cant see through. it will cover the planet earth the more you circle your ship. as I get closer to the moon the same thing happens except when the ship is facing the moon the view is blocked from the front of the ship by the same disk shaped thing.

Scatterer bug... F5 to quicksave, hold F9 to reload.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let you know I am having a scatterer issue at Jupiter, I tested a few different things and what seems to happen is that when I get within a certain distance of Jupiter my memory starts getting eaten up, till I am at 52000km, the last 2000km eats up 2.5gb of memory and then I crash out. This is what was causing the issue that I reported a while ago about Hyperediting to inside Jupiters moons orbits and it crashing my game in Linux. I have sent the logs through to @blackrack to look at. If I remove scatterer I can get right up close to Jupiter no worries.

Edit: I deleted the configs for all of Jupiters moons and that made no difference.

Edit 2: it's Jupiters scatterer config that doing it, I am going to replace it with Jools and see how that goes.

Edited by selfish_meme
Link to post
Share on other sites

@selfish_meme I'm in class right now and cant check your Jupiter issue but try this for the missing hurricane texture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltsd1zkpywahdqh/Textures.zip?dl=0

 just drop these textures in your SVE textures folder and let me know if it fixed it. I don't know how the DL that @sDaZe uploaded wouldn't have the DetailStorm texture. I know he had it running perfect and was taking awesome screenshots with it. I'm sure he just packaged his game together so its strange its missing. either way, try those textures.

Edited by Berlin
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Meteor Man said:

@Berlin That sure fixed the problems, along with @selfish_meme's clouds.cfg. Hurricane is visible (tho it does rotate over the north pole, which looks funny).

The moon's orientation is also fixed.

Now, however, Titan has no clouds. :(

There isn't anything I can do about where the hurricane goes. I Mean, I can change it so it's moves around more centered on Earth and avoids the poles. I just wanted it to be more random. Try using the cloud cfg included in the dl. I haven't tried selfish meme cloud cfg so I don't know what it changes. For now,  just use ours

51 minutes ago, Onesmallstep said:

So i have been trying myself but i have no clue how to bring the atmosphere down to 69 any tutorial's or something because i always get my craft in a 75 km orbit.

sDaZe might be willing to help but I don't want to speak for him.  I'm just here to make things look pretty,  he's technical.  Besides the 75km habit,  What is your reason for not wanting to go up to, say,  105km? It's not much of a difference and feels more natural to me.  I always thought kerbin's atmosphere should have been roughly 100k

Edited by Berlin
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scdr91 said:

Hi! First of all I want to congratulate @Berlin and @sDaZe for your amazing work and dedication to this mod. I love it and I wouldn't change almost anything in it. Almost.

The only thing that concerns me is the recent change on the Moon orbit to the stock Mün altitude. Seeing that super Moon from Earth surface creates a feeling of irreality. I haven't seen you post the reason to change it. I think that it is a good decision to change the distance between planetary systems to match stock distances. But I also think that you shouldn't do be the same within each planetary system and that you should respect the proportions between the planets, their moons and their orbits.

Even if I disagree with that change I want to iterate my love for this mod and my appreciation of your hard work

Ill add the stock orbit as a option in the next download, the only moon orbits i changed was the earth system not any other planets. 

 

1 hour ago, Onesmallstep said:

So i have been trying myself but i have no clue how to bring the atmosphere down to 69 any tutorial's or something because i always get my craft in a 75 km orbit.

Ill give you a download to where you can have a 70k atmo. Im at work rn so you're gunna have to wait.

Edit. If you want to do it yourself add another line of code in the settings.cfg and look in the sigma dimensiona read me of how to change the atmosphere, i think its 2? Could be wrong

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

@selfish_meme I'm in class right now and cant check your Jupiter issue but try this for the missing hurricane texture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltsd1zkpywahdqh/Textures.zip?dl=0

 just drop these textures in your SVE textures folder and let me know if it fixed it. I don't know how the DL that @sDaZe uploaded wouldn't have the DetailStorm texture. I know he had it running perfect and was taking awesome screenshots with it. I'm sure he just packaged his game together so its strange its missing. either way, try those textures.

I dont know what the hell happened :P

Edited by sDaZe
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Ill add the stock orbit as a option in the next download, the only moon orbits i changed was the earth system not any other planets. 

 

Ill give you a download to where you can have a 70k atmo. Im at work rn so you're gunna have to wait.

Edit. If you want to do it yourself add another line of code in the settings.cfg and look in the sigma dimensiona read me of how to change the atmosphere, i think its 2? Could be wrong

I dont know what the hell happened :P

I think i rather have a download link because im not a computer expert :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Berlin Looking at the clouds.cfg files, selfish_meme's has the storm entry while the one in the dl does not. Also, meme's clouds.cfg adds awesome clouds to Venus.

I think I will stick with his, especially while the dl Venus looks like crap without clouds lulz

Edited by Meteor Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, blackrack said:

When did this even become a feature?

Its actually been possible in EVE for ages but with Equirectangular images you used to get pretty bad image warping around the North/South Pole where you had to locate the storm. With EVE's cube map system implementation it became a lot more viable and I did a proof of concept test about a month ago: 

You can do some pretty cool tricks with it, not limiting yourself to storms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Its actually been possible in EVE for ages but with Equirectangular images you used to get pretty bad image warping around the North/South Pole where you had to locate the storm. With EVE's cube map system implementation it became a lot more viable and I did a proof of concept test about a month ago: 

You can do some pretty cool tricks with it, not limiting yourself to storms.

I tried for ages but I'm not sure how to use the cube maps I couldn't get it right

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...