[1.2.2] Half Size RSS v1.7 (Updated 2-8-2017)

pap1723

2 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Hi @JONATHAN HILLLZ, it is hard for me to say what you did wrong since the install is pretty straightforward. As a help, if you are installing Half Size RSS on a clean install of KSP, these are the only folders that you should have in GameData:

Kopernicus

ModuleFlightIntegrator

HalfRSS

Squad

do i have to delete saves.

Hi ! Thanks again for this awesome mod, I'm once again enjoying myself a hell of a lot on this game thanks to you !

Could you add in the futur a custom config of some sort for RSS Visual Enhancements or else ? So that we can have clouds and other effects etc... ?

I wanted to let all of you know that I just released a Contract Pack that is right in line with Half Size RSS. It is a Historical Progression Contract System that takes the player through the history of human space flight.

Hey ! I manage to add clouds to this mod, i download the Stock and EVE from Real solar system (stock kerbin size) and scatter and planetshine. All work awesome.. The clouds are a little bit higher than planet,but is ok. I also in the past- i made a youtube video on for 1.0.5 for best graphics out there (tweaked the ksprc) I read that you need to learn more about clouds.. maybe (just maybe) this will help you to understand more. check this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWoPzREnSMY. And keep the good work,becouse i "need you" ! :)

And i find now that the planet shine is not working with this mod (half Size Rss) , i left just squad and planetshine (last ) and is working , but with this mod is not.. so maybe you will help me (and others) to find a solution to bring some light in dark nights ;). UPDATE -  the ambientlight (mod) is working for lighten the nights. :wink:

Edited by Istrati
to add some new stuff

6 hours ago, maceemiller said:

Is there a dV map for this? If ive missed it in this thread my apologies but I couldnt see one. Thankyou

On 6/23/2016 at 11:28 AM, pap1723 said:

Thanks for the kind words! I will be creating a new Delta-v map for the mod, but it takes about 6650 Delta-v to get to a Low Earth Orbit.

If you use an existing RSS Delta-V Map, you can figure out the requirements with the following math:

Square Root of 0.5 x Number shown on Delta-V Map

5 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

To be honest with you, I haven't gotten very far on the Delta-v calculations. I haven't had time to figure out the math needed to calculate it. I would LOVE it if someone could create one?

• 3 weeks later...

So, im just wondering. If this is half size rss, does the low orbit heights change. I mean, in normal size rss LEO is 250km. Would this be halved to 125km when using the fuel calculation for half size?

EDIT:  never mind my stooooopid question above. I was struggling with my Apollo 11 rocket design. Having re thought and redesigned the launch and orbit stages im now in a comfortable 250km LEO with a nice Moon encounter. Tomorrow its Moon landing time :)

Edited by maceemiller

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Anyone know what altitude is needed for geostationary orbits? It's somewhere between 13K and 17K km, but don't know how to pin it down exactly.

Hey Jimbodiah,

Here is a link to a Google Sheet with all of the relevant information on there:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M84iOCHrRSnigvD8HLR__cQCToDachJohacKVtVZEb8/edit?usp=sharing

Does this mod work with version 1.1.3.(1289)?

I have installed it using CKAN (which was a success, I checked the log) as the only mod (+ v2.6.25 of module manager) and the game crashes just as everything is loaded, but before the menu screen comes up. Anyone know why? Is this normal?

What is the last version this works with and does anyone know how to download it?

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Hamster123 said:

Does this mod work with version 1.1.3.(1289)?

I have installed it using CKAN (which was a success, I checked the log) as the only mod (+ v2.6.25 of module manager) and the game crashes just as everything is loaded, but before the menu screen comes up. Anyone know why? Is this normal?

What is the last version this works with and does anyone know how to download it?

Cheers.

Do you also have Kopernicus installed, as well as the textures? Plus, you need ModularFlightIntegrator installed as well.

45 minutes ago, fallout2077 said:

Do you also have Kopernicus installed, as well as the textures? Plus, you need ModularFlightIntegrator installed as well.

I have all that installed. I had a clean KSP install (I deleted it and checked the integrity via steam) and then installed this mod using CKAN, which installed all the other mods itself, except for the module manager for some reason which I then downloaded manually. Then the game started crashing.

Edit: The following folders were in the GameData folder:

HalfRSS

Kopernicus

RSS-Textures

Squad

and the following files:

ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

Edited by Hamster123

2 hours ago, Hamster123 said:

I have all that installed. I had a clean KSP install (I deleted it and checked the integrity via steam) and then installed this mod using CKAN, which installed all the other mods itself, except for the module manager for some reason which I then downloaded manually. Then the game started crashing.

Edit: The following folders were in the GameData folder:

HalfRSS

Kopernicus

RSS-Textures

Squad

and the following files:

ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

I, along with thousands of other users in the forums, advise against using CKAN; it can cause problems when installing mods, and I would really only recommend using it for extremely numerous mod installations  (such as for the Realism Overhaul suite). Try another clean install with a manual installation of Half-size RSS and it's dependencies and post back with your results.

Ok. I have a silly questions now, would be nice if someone could answer: where do I put the textures? should I just drop the folder RSS-Textures in the GameData folder (which is what I tried first), should I drop it in the HalfRSS folder or should I individually put the EarthColor.dds etc in the HalfRSS/Planets/Earth folder? If so, where do I put the PluginData and CTTP folders? 

Cheers.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just dropped it again in the GameData folder and it worked. Nice :) very happy to see. Strange that it did not work with CKAN, but glad to see that it works like this at least, have been looking forward to this mod :kiss:

(none of my business, but maybe if others have a problem with the CKAN install as well (maybe I just goofed somewhere? though I did it multiple times, but anyway), maybe a small alert in the OP might be handy? Just a suggestion.)

Edited by Hamster123

Pap! I'm finally going to use this in a career save! I played around with it last week, love the scale! As someone who cannot play in stock size anymore, I feel like this scale is a nice mix. I feel like there is still a challenge in terms of scale, but still laid back compared to a 10x scale! Nice work man!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.