[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

7 minutes ago, antilochus said:

Your Minmus surface looks much more stock than mine (SVT high res), is SVT being used in that pic? Is that how it is supposed to look?

(sorry as I know this isn't SVT thread)

Ya,  @Benji13 I don't think you have SVT installed with those pics.  I looked at them again just to be sure and all of your planet surfaces are stock.  Not that it matters, you took these pics for SVE anyway :)

Edit: Moho is the only one I see with SVT textures

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Ya,  @Benji13 I don't think you have SVT installed with those pics.  I looked at them again just to be sure and all of your planet surfaces are stock.  Not that it matters, you took these pics for SVE anyway :)

Edit: Moho is the only one I see with SVT textures

Really? Because I installed it and got a performance hit and solid scatter so I just assumed it was working. *sigh* time to go conflict hunting. As I said in my other post, I will probably be taking more pics later this week, this time without hyperedit windows and with SVT high res (with it working). 

Ive been looking for some visual enhancements for a wile and im on mac. Im no expert, but i don't think the atmosphere looks like that.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r27VJ8vM_7VVE0cFlXcUhxSXM/view?usp=sharing Just joking, but how can i fix this? i downloaded the all in one file and have EVE but i've removed BoulderCo because i saw that as a fix in some other posts but did not work. This is my game data folder as i saw someone else provided that. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r27VJ8vM_7TmxoSTFaMkZYYzg/view?usp=sharing im not sure how to put in all that code that ive seen in another post and im really new to the forums. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

Ive been looking for some visual enhancements for a wile and im on mac. Im no expert, but i don't think the atmosphere looks like that.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r27VJ8vM_7VVE0cFlXcUhxSXM/view?usp=sharing Just joking, but how can i fix this? i downloaded the all in one file and have EVE but i've removed BoulderCo because i saw that as a fix in some other posts but did not work. This is my game data folder as i saw someone else provided that. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r27VJ8vM_7TmxoSTFaMkZYYzg/view?usp=sharing im not sure how to put in all that code that ive seen in another post and im really new to the forums. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!

This little feature was implemented in scatterer for people with your issue. try enabling it or disabling it

w0iafjG.png

You installed sve incorrectly.  You can't just place sve ALL-IN-ONE into your game data folder. You have to go deeper into the folder and follow the instructions. 

It looks like nearly all of your mods are installed incorrectly. You can't just make a folder in your gamedata.  A lot of mods are dependent on the directory being correct.  It looks like you just made your own folders

Edited by Galileo

51 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

That worked, thanks! But how do i get clouds? 

Building on what Galileo said, have a look at the pic of my ganedata folder a couple posts up. Yours should look like that, minus the SVEkopernicus, kopernicus and modularflightintegrator. Plus your mods. 

1 hour ago, Benji13 said:

Building on what Galileo said, have a look at the pic of my ganedata folder a couple posts up. Yours should look like that, minus the SVEkopernicus, kopernicus and modularflightintegrator. Plus your mods. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r27VJ8vM_7TmxoSTFaMkZYYzg/view?usp=sharing thats my game data folder right now, am i missing something? i downloaded the all in one. VV is just vessel viewer.

1 hour ago, Not Sure said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r27VJ8vM_7TmxoSTFaMkZYYzg/view?usp=sharing thats my game data folder right now, am i missing something? i downloaded the all in one. VV is just vessel viewer.

@Not Sure No. when you unzip the SVE download there is that folder. You have to go into that folder, the into whatever resolution folder you want (high res, low res ect.) and use the folders in there. As I said, have a look at my gamedata (which I only just realised is not in this thread, pic at bottom of post). You need your gamedata to have:

-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

-StockVisualEnhancements

-scatterer

Many mods use a file structure like this:

Zip file->Modname_version->GameData->Actual mod folder. 

This means that you have the zip file for uploading, the initial folder that is zipped, a folder with two things: a gamedata folder and install instructions. What you have to do (and what the instructions normally say) is to copy everything that is inside the gamedata folder to your gamedata folder. This rule goes for most mods.

Here is a pic of what my GameData looks like:

Y8xZPKv.png

The jool_rings, Kopernicus and SVEKopernicus folders are for SVT, another one of Galileo's mods. You will have to delete your existing Eve folders, hell, just delete all your mods and start again following these steps. Most of them are not installed correctly. You must also remember to not rename any mod folders as many mods depend on proper/specific naming. I hope this has helped,

Benji13.

Edited by Benji13

42 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

POST IN PROGRESS HAVE TO SWITCH DEVICES. No. when you unzip the SVE download there is that folder. You have to go into that folder, the into whatever resolution folder you want (high res, low res ect.) and use the folders in there. As I said, have a look at my gamedata (which I only just realised is not in this thread, pic at bottom of post). You need your gamedata to have:

-

-

-

Many mods use a file structure like this:

Zip file->Modname_version->GameData->Actual mod folder. 

This means that you have the zip file for uploading, the initial folder that is zipped, a folder with two things: a gamedata folder and install instructions. What you have to do (and what the instructions normally say) is to copy everything that is inside the gamedata folder to your gamedata folder. 

That worked! it kinda took me awhile to figure out to put the multiple mods in their own folders instead of one, but ey!, now I won't make that mistake again.

On 04/12/2016 at 10:24 AM, Galileo said:

remove the mun dust and Minmus dust nodes from the cloud configs and it should work.  You will have to uses the default scatterer configs though because the custom ones for SVE would take quite a few changes to make them compatible. 

So I have tried several times to get this working, but I always seem to get the same problem. My volumetric cloud particles are mostly black. There is one layer that is white, like it should be, but at noon, sun up, most clouds are black clouds of gloom. Any idea what I should check? I am using just the SVE .cfgs and textures. I am using the prerelease scatterer with cloud shaders. 

Just now, Errol said:

So I have tried several times to get this working, but I always seem to get the same problem. My volumetric cloud particles are mostly black. There is one layer that is white, like it should be, but at noon, sun up, most clouds are black clouds of gloom. Any idea what I should check? I am using just the SVE .cfgs and textures. I am using the prerelease scatterer with cloud shaders. 

you cant use the prerelease scatterer with SVE

3 minutes ago, Errol said:

Ok.

I thought you said a page ago that it would work if I used the default scatterer .cfgs with it, which I am. 

you have to delete the nodes for mun dust and minmus dust in the cloud cfgs. it SHOULD work but i havent tested. you also cant use the snow and geyser config.

but yes you will have to use the default scatterer setting because my cfgs arent updated to the pre release scatterer and cant be

Edited by Galileo

Alright I guess this is a bug report then.

That's what I'm saying. I tried the SVE clouds cfg with the mun dust and minmus dust nodes removed, no geiser configs and the default scatterer cfgs included with the scatterer pre-release download. I got black volumetric particles in daylight clouds still look fine from orbit by the way, it's just the particles that are black. I guess I'll wait for the stable versions to release.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to require some help from the community to solve this. I recently faced several crashes of the game and I can't figure out how to deciffer the output/error/crash logs.

I know that a heavily modded install is more prone to crash than vanilla KSP, but I thought it was (partially) solved since 1.2.1.

my config is here : 

Spoiler

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Processor  @ 3.50GHz
RAM
    15.9GB
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170 PRO GAMING (LGA1151)
Graphics
    PL2206W @ 1680x1050
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Hard Drives
    60GB OCZ-AGIL ITY3 SCSI Disk Device (IDE)    30 °C
    2000GB Seagate ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SCSI Disk Device (IDE)    25 °C
Optical Drives
    ATAPI iHAS124   B SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
    Logitech G930 Headset

and my mod list : 

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.1 (Win32) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.6
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
Community Category Kit - 1.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.3
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.2
Crowd Sourced Science - 3.0.2
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.5
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.2
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
Firespitter - 7.4.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.1
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RCS Sounds - 5.0
ShipManifest - 5.1.3.1
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.4
Trajectories - 1.6.5
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.1
USI Core - 0.3.4
Konstruction - 0.1.7
USI-LS - 0.5.13
Malemute Rover - 0.2.3
UKS - 0.50.7
USI Survivability Pack - 0.6.3
[x] Science! - 5.3

picture of my gamedata folder

here are some crash logs

so could anyone have a look and help me?

thanks in advance

@psychopoak you are running a RAM - heavy mod in 32 bit KSP:

0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [136 MB free].

Every single one of your crashes is caused by the x86 memory limit. Since you are using x64 Windows i see no reason why not to use the x64 instance of KSP.

Edited by Phineas Freak

I see where the problem must be. I want to play x64 but I guess my shortcut in CKAN is not adressed properly. therefore when I launch the game via CKAN it launches the "standard" version.

is there a way to force CKAN using the x64 instance instead of the x86?

BTW, a huge thanks to you

EDIT: Nevermind, 2sec research on google solved this, I redirected CKAN to x64

EDIT 2 : Thanks to teamviewer and your help, I checked and you were just right! CKAN was launching the "wrong" version of ksp. now I am all set

Edited by psychopoak

Apologies in advance, as I'm sure I've seen the answer to this question in this very thread in the past but I can't seem to find it.

In 1.1.x pre-release there was a brief stock bug whereby a shader update caused translucent squares to appear around lights - http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/7802

I'm seeing this again in 1.2.1 & 1.2.2 when running SVE (medium) and I'm sure previous discussion has suggested those afflicted can flip a scatterer setting to resolve it, but I'm failing to recall what it was and I'm failing to formulate search terms to find the fix again.

16 hours ago, Errol said:

Alright I guess this is a bug report then.

That's what I'm saying. I tried the SVE clouds cfg with the mun dust and minmus dust nodes removed, no geiser configs and the default scatterer cfgs included with the scatterer pre-release download. I got black volumetric particles in daylight clouds still look fine from orbit by the way, it's just the particles that are black. I guess I'll wait for the stable versions to release.

Yeah I was trying to work with the lasted dev build of Scatterer and it just wasn't playing well with EVE at all. Waz and Blackrack are aware of the issues, we will just have to wait patiently for further development.

On 12/7/2016 at 2:13 PM, MiniMatt said:

Apologies in advance, as I'm sure I've seen the answer to this question in this very thread in the past but I can't seem to find it.

In 1.1.x pre-release there was a brief stock bug whereby a shader update caused translucent squares to appear around lights - http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/7802

I'm seeing this again in 1.2.1 & 1.2.2 when running SVE (medium) and I'm sure previous discussion has suggested those afflicted can flip a scatterer setting to resolve it, but I'm failing to recall what it was and I'm failing to formulate search terms to find the fix again.

this is caused by EVE cloud shadows. disable them and the issue goes away.. its NOT scatterer

Greetings everyone,

Apologies in advance if I missed it, I've looked through this forum but have not found this issue discussed...

Ever since KSP 1.x I'm having a weird problem with SVE cloud shadows not appearing on ocean surfaces.  However, if you zoom WAY out, they appear.

WVbv1ZF.jpg

FSfleLc.jpg

To troubleshoot, I'm running stock KSP 1.2.2 with only SVE 1.1.4 installed, no other mods.  I'm using the SVE High Res files, but I have the same issue with low and medium as well. 

YjLbXEL.jpg

I've tried every setting I can find in EVE and Scatterer, no luck.

I DID discover that if I remove Scatterer the issue goes away and the cloud shadows work normally.  Doesn't mean its a problem with Scatterer though, and I really want to keep Scatterer. 

Lastly, as you zoom, the point in the zoom where the shadows change coincides with the change of the mesh when viewing in wire frame mode (Scatterer.)  I don't know what that means, hopefully someone here has a clue?

So has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks so much in advance for any help or ideas!!!  

Since the most recent update (to 1.22) I can't download this mod using CKAN.

Whenever I try, I get the following error message: 

failed to download "https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/download/1.1.21/SVE.HR.1.1.21.zip" - error: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.