Does the Kraken exist?

NSEP

Do you believe in the Kraken?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in the Kraken?

Have you ever encountered the Kraken? I have! My Space Station ones started spinning for no reason, and i was in IVA, so i could not see what it what it was. But im sure it was something like the kraken. But is he really real? I havent really seen him, so i could not confirm it was the kraken. But im sure it was not space debris, my space station was in a 250Km orbit, and i have no debris in that height. Many people believe the Kraken on Bop is the real Kraken, but it is dead, and it does nothing. What do you believe?

And before you say: Oh! Its just a bug! This thread is stupid! This is not a topic that should be taken too seriously. Lets just say bugs and glitches dont exist. I started this topic just so we can have a fun talk, not to be angry at eachother. Ok? Ok!

No. The Kraken is a creation from your imagination due to disseminated cosmic waves, reflected by ultra-super-secret satellites and space destroyers operating under the dark side of the Mun. All launched from the Alpha Camp in Kantarctica, under direct orders from the Killuminatis, hidden in 71st basement of Karea 51.

Wake up people!

5 minutes ago, MalfunctionM1Ke said:

Sure, it sits on Bop, quite dead the last time I checked :wink:

But just in case....
lK7LOXj.jpg

u cant capture animals dat is animal cruelty PETA must see this lol. Im suprised that it looks like it died 2 minutes ago, while it actually died like over 9000 kabillion years ago. Or maybe its sleeping. We may never know. Or will we?

1 minute ago, Corona688 said:

I had a kerbal instantly die upon hitting the EVA button.

That happens to me, too. And when it does, If I go back to KSP and look in the Astronaut Complex, there are no kerbals in there, either for hire or assigned. Restarting the game fixes it. Might be a bug. Do playing modded or stock?

Oh, I found the Kraken yesterday. I had a probe that passed by an asteroid, went through it's shadow, to reemerge without solar panels OR electricity in its batteries. A few minutes later, the game crashed. When I restarted it, everything was right in the universe and the probe still had a charge AND its solar panels... :confused:

55 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

The first rule of the Kraken is not to talk about the Kraken.  

Haha, i wont obey the Kraken anytime soon. The Kraken is the destroyer of Kerbalkind! Why listen to him?!

49 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

I'm playing stock.

I've seen oddities in the astronaut complex, too, but nothing game breaking, as you say, save/reload fixes it.

Thats because the Kraken likes you i think, because you play in stock. The Kraken likes the way things are, and if things are different, it becomes angry. Maybe the Kraken is autistic. (Am i taking this too far)

59 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

639995.jpg

Maybe there is something bigger than the Kraken out there, but what?

2 hours ago, MalfunctionM1Ke said:

Sure, it sits on Bop, quite dead the last time I checked :wink:

But just in case....
lK7LOXj.jpg

Thats just one kraken that died. There are still many, out in the void, occasionally coming out into the Kerbol system to fill their lungs with vacuum and eat ships.

2 hours ago, nosirrbro said:

Thats just one kraken that died. There are still many, out in the void, occasionally coming out into the Kerbol system to fill their lungs with vacuum and eat ships.

Could be. Maybe there is an entire population of them in the universe. But why only one dead one?

Hmmm... this seems to be the new konspiricy forums for ksp.

Anyways, here's what I think. The kraken is made of a semi-neutrino composite that can make everything spaz out.

Edited by bengee777

20 hours ago, XB-70A said:

No. The Kraken is a creation from your imagination due to disseminated cosmic waves, reflected by ultra-super-secret satellites and space destroyers operating under the dark side of the Mun. All launched from the Alpha Camp in Kantarctica, under direct orders from the Killuminatis, hidden in 71st basement of Karea 51.

Wake up people!

Yet the poll is at 100 to 0. Hmm. 

There is One All-Powerful Kraken, Master of All Time and Space.  It is to this One that Kerbals pray.  But The Kraken rarely intervenes in (or even notices) Kerbal affairs, having bigger fish to fry.  It is Its minions, the Lesser Krakens, that directly impact Kerbal life.  Of these there are many, each inflicting its own brand of woe on Kerbalkind.  There is the Hell Kraken, who takes ships off to the formless void while their altimeters read all 6s.  There is the Dancing Kraken, that causes ships, stations, and Kerbals to writhe in agony and eventually tear themselves apart.  There is the Heat Kraken, that causes ISRU parts to spike up to 10,000^ and explode upon physics load.  There are the Lander Leg and Wheel Krakens who cause much bouncing, slipping, sliding, exploding, and Kerbal-flinging with bases, landers, and rovers.  And many more besides.

The other day, I was landing a ship at my Mun base when the Heat Kraken struck.  Half my base instantly overheated and exploded, while the rest nearly melted.

15 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im suprised that it looks like it died 2 minutes ago, while it actually died like over 9000 kabillion years ago. Or maybe its sleeping. We may never know. Or will we?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

(with apologies to Francis Pharcellus Church)

Dear Forums,

I am 1 year in KSP.  Some of my little green friends say there is no Kraken.  Papa says, If you see it in the forums then it's so.  Please tell me the truth:  is there a Kraken?

Virginia Kerman

Virginia, your little green friends are wrong. They have been affected by the optimism of a digital age.  They do not believe except their game crashes.  They think that nothing can go wrong which is not reproducible in their stock saves.  All saves, Virginia, whether they be stock or modded, are vulnerable.  In this great Internet of ours a game is a mere testing ground, a hack, as compared with the boundless opportunities for mayhem, as measured by the gameplay capable of exercising every edge case.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Kraken.  It exists as certainly as memory leaks and race conditions and null references exist, and you know that they abound and give to your play its highest angst and befuddlement.  Alas!  how dreary would be the code if there were no Kraken.  It would be as dreary as if there were no mods. There would be no childlike ragequits then, no troll posts, no complaints to make melodrama in this existence.  We should have no amusement, except in launch and landing.  The eternal gripes with which affected players fill the forum would be extinguished.

Not believe in the Kraken!  You might as well not believe in bugs!  You might get your papa to hire QA testers to poke at every UI feature on Release Day to catch the Kraken, but even if they did not see the Kraken stretching out its tentacles, what would that prove?  Nobody sees the Kraken, but that is no sign that there is no Kraken.  The most real things in the world are those that neither QA testers nor most players see.  Did you ever see bugs slithering through the codebase?  Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the defects there are not yet reproduced and not reproducible in the bug tracker.

You may tear apart the .NET assemblies and see what makes the logic inside, but there is an API surrounding the unseen code which not the angriest player, nor even the united anger of all the angriest players that ever launched, could fully factor.  Only stubbornness, inventiveness, calculation, and luck can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal stability of a Perfect Release.  Is it all real?  Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Kraken!  Thank Squad! it lives, and it lives forever.  A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, it will continue to make perplexing the heart of software.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.