Photography Showcase Thread!

HazelPine

These aren't good images, but are snapshots:

First is a KC-135 that happened to fly past yesterday along the fence line at KAFB I took with my phone (somewhat zoomed).

rSBz8fW.jpg

The next is my son's desk in his room:

HNfWTpP.jpg

His lego Saturn V is there, but the ancient iPad he has showing the 4.5 hour Youtube Starman video when he's in the room (old iPad will not do live streams, else it would have the ISS livestream up).

Taken as one of many photos during a visit to the KSC in the summer of 2016: (although probably the only one that isn't completely terrible, yes it is a phone picture)

Cv10fUb.jpg

It looks a bit different today, doesn't it?

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

• 2 weeks later...

28166590_10156158032619042_2592572842684

Our three-month-old "Mountain Lab" puppy enjoying the foot of snow we got last night... (took some 70+ pics in the photo shoot, with my Canon EOS Rebel T5) Normally weekend mornings is my best time to play KSP, but between shoveling snow, playing with the pup, and posting pics, I still haven't fired it up yet...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Shpaget said:

Me likes it mucho, but please fix the slight roll to the left (or is it jaw?).

Is it tilted? I can't tell XD

Edit:

Hm, yes. Sadly, the (basic) program I use corrects tilt in intervals, so the tiniest correction ends up overcorrecting :P

Edited by Earthlinger

Lightroom has a good implementation for rotation adjustment. It's rather expensive for amateur use.

What I found out to be a usable and free option is paint.net. Put your image in the background layer and add another transparent one. Draw a vertical and/or horizontal line (SHIFT + mouse) on the transparent layer then select the background one.

Go to Layers -> Rotate / Zoom... and there you can make the adjustment with real time feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Pllllaaaannnneeeee

Wow, the Norwegian's livery is really beautiful with such natural lights. Were you on the way to a Mediterranean location? Just curious as Juliet Oscar is frequently assigned to this sector.

1 minute ago, XB-70A said:

Were you on the way to a Mediterranean location?

The picture was taken in Oslo, actually, on the way to Helsinki

10 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Just curious as Juliet Oscar is frequently assigned to this sector.

What? Who? :D

2 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

The picture was taken in Oslo, actually, on the way to Helsinki

Aaaah, interesting, thanks for the answer. Surprising, as I remember having saw her multiple time in Nice some years ago, and her flight history is showing that she flew to Alicante, Mallaga, Mallorqua, Split, and Tenerife recently.

6 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

What? Who? :D

The 737-800 on the picture :) Looking closely at the front section the last three letters of the registration EI-FJO (Echo-India-Fox'-Juliet-Oscar) are painted over the windshield.

4 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

The 737-800 on the picture :) Looking closely at the front section the last three letters of the registration EI-FJO (Echo-India-Fox'-Juliet-Oscar) are painted over the windshield.

Ah okay :D

5 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Her flight history is showing that she flew to Alicante, Mallaga, Mallorqua, Split, and Tenerife recently.

Image result for shrug meme face

1eIFS7Y.jpg

cQda9tI.jpg

Went by the airport while my wife was rounding at the hospital. The C-17 was not alone, 3 of them took off, starting their rolls while the one in front was still on the runway.

Edited by tater

On 4/14/2018 at 1:57 PM, Earthlinger said:
Image result for shrug meme face

Dang... it makes me laugh for about 30 seconds... 

@tater , really nice pictures, I don't know what I would give to see an Osprey for the first time, even more during the transition maneuver.

About the topic, here is a small compilation of my favorite pictures of the last six months around the Space Center with nine different launches (I stupidly missed SBIRS GEO-4 on 19 Jan as I simply forgot to press the REC button hard enough):

- 11 October 2017 - Echostar 105 - Falcon 9 v1.2

f24m84H.jpg

Spoiler

5GK7fhF.png

gN0PicJ.png

- 15 December 2017 - Dragon CRS-13 - Falcon 9 v1.2

RoCBys1.jpg?1

Spoiler

utNkQu1.jpg

xmryxtx.jpg

TFfEeZx.jpg

If only this horrible power line wasn't there.

- 07 January 2018 - ZUMA - Falcon 9 v1.2

xyJJqmq.png

Spoiler

960SDPX.png

The main stage descending. Terrible resolution at night, but it's the only one I averagely like.

- 31 January 2018 - GovSat 1 - Falcon 9 v1.2

DSxTMbV.png

Spoiler

4eC49aF.png

WQNO3Uy.png

ylSlag5.png

- 06 February 2018 - Tesla Roadster Toward Mars - Falcon Heavy

aL0CEpL.jpg

Spoiler

yyON2Cq.png

2qZMtci.png

I8evHFe.png

ReMCghg.png

F3CcbVp.png

- 01 March 2018 - GOES-S - Atlas V 5415ivcB9y.png

Spoiler

BEtdLFS.png

FdDbJbA.png

R7G4LAn.png

6Bck2x9.png

uJ45MvI.png

- 06 March 2018 - Hispasat 30W-6 - Falcon 9 v1.2

jUPlv9W.png

Spoiler

g8AAT44.png

- 02 April 2018 - Dragon CRS-14 - Falcon 9 v1.2

Wp3MOD8.jpg

Spoiler

a47ieC7.jpg

- 15 April 2018 - AFSPC 11 - Atlas V 551

KzPHMpU.jpg

Spoiler

DV0paqK.jpg

e7dHzvQ.jpg

papH7VV.jpg

yOW81ji.jpg

I hope I will be able to catch some better ones tomorrow for TESS.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new (and much more stable) tripod for the camera some days ago, so I went back to Playalinda to test it a bit.

The pictures are still really affected by thermal radiations and the distance from the installations, but it's the closet spot open to everybody.

CAhygbs.png

The Falcons Nest, approximately at 5.6 km SSE. With a pelican, but still.

The SLC-37, dedicated to Delta IV M & H is just behind.

BLi5fIG.png

Spoiler

BLi5fIG.png

From left to right: SLC-41 (with the four lightning masts), the Atlas V's assembly building (at the right of the elevated tank), SLC-39A (the high structure behind the LH2 tank), SLC-40 (with only three masts in sight), and the still desert SLC-39B.

lr4fTTo.jpg

Another view to show how "close" we are.

Some pictures of the same installations, but zoomed in:

Spoiler

4dssVfr.jpg

SLC-41

QZak4wR.jpg

Atlas' assembly building.

tEBzeCi.jpg

SLC-39A and the masts of the SLC-40.

BBkcohA.jpg

SLC-39B

I was expecting to catch the next F9 static burn from here on the 30th, but as it has been delayed to the 1st I'm not really sure if I will able to do it now.

My wife started digging through a box of pictures  today, and dug up some old ones. I guess my collection of old pictures got tossed in with hers, and maybe some my mom dumped on me. I found some old gems that I hadn't seen in for-ev-er. This is one of my favorites, from back in '91 I think. My one and only jump...

nDQQDfX.jpg

I was the last one out of the plane, so I got the best pic because the instructor held the camera.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.