Console Patches Update Discussion

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

[citation needed]

lol no it is not. It's just my opinion man. Time will tell, then when I remember and quote you sometime in the future, then I can and will use these posts as citation to me being correct. If indeed I am correct. Which I am. :D

5 hours ago, Titan696 said:

We understand this but some kind of ETA and description of fixes expected would be nice to see.

I have to call shenanigans there, this game had every bug 1.1 had on the PC, how could you not know that the version which didn't work for the PC was not going to work on console...

I have been playing Ark on early access for months now, as many others here probably have, we not unaccustomed to the QA process slowing things down, but somehow a tiny studio that took a PC game to Console can give ETA's within 2 days of the process completing, and you are unable to give any hint of an ETA or idea of what bug fixes are coming.  Just some wishywashy reassurances that fixes are coming, sometime in the future, you hope..

We waited patiently for the console version, since we first see it played on youtube early access by Scott Manley, There was no news for months and months, just quiet hope. EA come and went, no news, but still we hoped in silence. And then it happened. Released. Only it was rushed out, broken, not in a complete state for the enjoyment people waited patiently and paid for. We would have waited. We would have been happy. Why was a broken game (v1.1) released, twice...

Just to be fair, Flying Tiger ported 1.1 because they had to start somewhere. They can't just update their code to 1.2 half way through the port when it just came out not too long ago.

They've been working on the port for the better part of a year.

5 hours ago, Kerbuvim said:

With deeply disappoitment I sold my US KSP one-game PSN account on semi-legitimate market for $ 15. That's the real price of this game in current state.

Wish I could sell mine. PSN won't refund me.

Wish there was some means to play on PC seeing as I have been milked (moo, Nestor, MOO) for a broken copy.

14 hours ago, Titan696 said:

We understand this but some kind of ETA and description of fixes expected would be nice to see.

I have to call shenanigans there, this game had every bug 1.1 had on the PC, how could you not know that the version which didn't work for the PC was not going to work on console...

I have been playing Ark on early access for months now, as many others here probably have, we not unaccustomed to the QA process slowing things down, but somehow a tiny studio that took a PC game to Console can give ETA's within 2 days of the process completing, and you are unable to give any hint of an ETA or idea of what bug fixes are coming.  Just some wishywashy reassurances that fixes are coming, sometime in the future, you hope..

We waited patiently for the console version, since we first see it played on youtube early access by Scott Manley, There was no news for months and months, just quiet hope. EA come and went, no news, but still we hoped in silence. And then it happened. Released. Only it was rushed out, broken, not in a complete state for the enjoyment people waited patiently and paid for. We would have waited. We would have been happy. Why was a broken game (v1.1) released, twice...

I could'nt have word'ed it better myself.

Its like they're the first ported game ever...

& also love the excuses With it taking half a year too get a "patch" (that will make the game playable(They dont belive in "hotfixes" you see, I asked)) thru the M$/Sony systems.

Had they only done a belivable QA, that be, if they wore smart....   Since FT did the Porting, maybe Squad (or the community that lives this game) should have been part of the QA.

The whole thing stinks imo.

Edited by DaCana
added last part.

10 hours ago, Homedawgian said:

How does one exist as a ported game? And if this is the case, then yes, they are most definitely the first ever. :P

I have no Clue, IT probably be better of not existing :P (you see I dont Word it that good :P )

Then the question remains.... does it really exist? Is this even real? Is it also a dream? Cuz Feels like a nightmare :P  :wink: 

On 17.8.2016 at 7:47 PM, ChillingCammy said:

Wish I could sell mine. PSN won't refund me.

Wish there was some means to play on PC seeing as I have been milked (moo, Nestor, MOO) for a broken copy.

This sounds strange. You have bought something, it turned out to be faulty. In any civilized country you have the right to demand to either get a working product (in a specified amount of time, usually something like six weeks) or a refund. Does your country have something like a consumers' protection agency?

Hi SQUAD!!!!

I'm a big fan of your game. Kerbal space program (with some spectacular mods) fullfills my wildest dreams for a space simulator. I started with the PC version of the game, at this time i have enjoyed 1,266 hours on PC.

When you announced that a XBOX version was in works, I was completly happy. My PC is not fast and I hoped that the XBOX version would give a better performance. On the other hand, I'm proud that SQUAD started as a mexican development team. I'm from México and was glad to know that here we can do great video games. With this in mind, I had no doubt in buy the XBOX version.

When I installed the game on the XBOX, I was happy. I remeber my kids telling to me "really dad? kerbal? also on the XBOX?". The first hours playing on the console were great, then I began to discover some bugs. I understood that was the first release, so I decided to put the bugs aside and tried to enjoy the game.

Now I have almost a week that I've no played the game on the XBOX. Really the port doesn't help to continue playing.

I know that this looks like a mexican "telenovela" (as I said, I'm from México, specifically Aguascalientes "si señor!!!") but I hope that someone of the SQUAD staff read this.

SQUAD, congratulations, you have made a great game. Please don't let that Flying Tiger kills it on the console. I think that the game can have a great future in that platform.

To anyone who read my post, sorry for my bad english and thank you for lend me your time reading this.

PSN and Microsoft have no return policies. In my province the law states: 

It’s illegal for the business or individual to give you false information about themselves or the product or service they offer. Some examples of misrepresentation include:

...stating that the product is a certain grade, style, model, or quality when it isn’t

Also, 

Delivery of goods

Under the Consumer Protection Act, when you order a product, it must be delivered within 30 days of the promised delivery date or you can ask for a refund. However, if you choose to keep the item that was delivered late, you lose your right to get a refund for it.

As I CAN launch KSP and use its features  (however , not without the frustrating inevitability of crashes and corruption) I don't know if I have a case.

1 hour ago, chimpbone said:

A good, honest company would have issued refunds to those who wanted them. Instead, we get ignored and stuck with a broken, shoddy product that I am not even interested in anymore. These guys are laughing all the way to the bank. 

17 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

I asked Microsoft for a refund, yes. They said they wouldn't refund it even though the game is not working properly. 

So why do you feel the need to slam Squad and not Microsoft?

4 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

Formally requested a refund, Deddly.

What makes you think we aren't also disappointed with Microsoft/Sony, Homedawg? I feel Squad should have applied for the Xbox experimental market place thing (which would be awesome if Sony had as well) in the first place.

Oh I am most definitely upset about Microsofts terrible certification process, but Squad isn't responsible for the port, Flying Tiger is. Didn't mean to sound rude in that previous post (Sorry).

Edited by Homedawgian

Just now, Homedawgian said:

So why do you feel the need to slam Squad and not Microsoft?

I am not slamming anybody, whatever that means. Simply stating that good companies are not in the business of selling shoddy products. Don't know why you feel the need to constantly defend Squad from any complaint that console users have. In any other business, if you sell me a broken product, it is understood that I should be eligible for a refund. There is such a thing as consumer rights, you know? 

8 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

I am not slamming anybody, whatever that means. Simply stating that good companies are not in the business of selling shoddy products. Don't know why you feel the need to constantly defend Squad from any complaint that console users have. In any other business, if you sell me a broken product, it is understood that I should be eligible for a refund. There is such a thing as consumer rights, you know? 

Sorry bud, not trying to step on your toes. I just feel that it's quite unfair to blame the company who isn't the responsible party. Squad isn't selling KSP on Xbox, Microsoft is. Squad isn't responsible for the port either, Flying Tiger and Microsoft are.

Squad created KSP and they have since fixed and updated to 1.2. Flying Tiger hasn't gotten to that yet.

Absolutely nothing wrong with complaining. I'd call it constructive criticism.

Also, just to be clear, I have written several complaints directly to Flying Tiger considering that they will be the ones fixing it.

Edited by Homedawgian

I bought an apple at the super market the other day. Sure, I was mad at FOODCO when it turned out the apple was full of worms but I also thought the farmer who knowing sells wormy apples is also a jerk too.

Yeah, maybe it's the farmer's delivery guy who has a wormy truck. The farmer made a choice to hire that guy. 

4 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

I bought an apple at the super market the other day. Sure, I was mad at FOODCO when it turned out the apple was full of worms but I also thought the farmer who knowing sells wormy apples is also a jerk too.

Yeah, maybe it's the farmer's delivery guy who has a wormy truck. The farmer made a choice to hire that guy. 

I understand the metaphor but it's not entirely accurate. Flying Tiger are the ones making the apple edible for us humans. Squad created the apple for the Kerbins to eat, not us.. If you catch my drift.

Basically, Flying Tiger got worms in our apples :)

6 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

Sorry bud, not trying to step on your toes. I just feel that it's quite unfair to blame the company who isn't the responsible party. Squad isn't selling KSP on Xbox, Microsoft is. Squad isn't responsible for the port either, Flying Tiger and Microsoft are.

Squad created KSP and they have since fixed and updated to 1.2. Flying Tiger hasn't gotten to that yet.

Absolutely nothing wrong with complaining. I'd call it constructive criticism.

Also, just to be clear, I have written several complaints directly to Flying Tiger considering that they will be the ones fixing it.

I realize Squad didn't port the game, but they are the ones who hired Flying Tiger. Both parties are responsible for the product they put out. I am sure Squad is not very happy with Flying Tiger right now, but Squad still holds the majority of the responsibility at the end of the day. If you hired out a third party to do work for you, you had better make sure that the work they are doing in your name is done right. It was Squad's responsibility to provide some kind of Quality Control and Quality Assurance for their game, to hold Flying Tiger to a certain set of standards. 

4 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

I realize Squad didn't port the game, but they are the ones who hired Flying Tiger. Both parties are responsible for the product they put out. I am sure Squad is not very happy with Flying Tiger right now, but Squad still holds the majority of the responsibility at the end of the day. If you hired out a third party to do work for you, you had better make sure that the work they are doing in your name is done right. It was Squad's responsibility to provide some kind of Quality Control and Quality Assurance for their game, to hold Flying Tiger to a certain set of standards. 

Absolutely. 

I think it very unlikely that Squad wouldn't have the last say on the state of their product after FT finished their port. 

If they DIDN'T they were foolish

And if they DID they knowingly ripped us off!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.