[1.2] Galileo's Planet Pack (development thread) [v0.9]

Galileo

I'm going to give myself a headstart and write the most likely biomes for some of these worlds. I'm taking a cue from the infamous OPM's files as well as the Crowd Sourced Science mod. Feel free to define custom biomes. I'll be waiting for them. Later on we can talk about resources/CRP configs.

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm going to give myself a headstart and write the most likely biomes for some of these worlds. I'm taking a cue from the infamous OPM's files as well as the Crowd Sourced Science mod. Feel free to define custom biomes. I'll be waiting for them. Later on we can talk about resources/CRP configs.

Ok do what you can.  I haven't even started on biomes.  I will tonight when I get time.  My wife doesn't want me on the computer all day like I was yesterday :)  happy wife, happy life.  A little advice for you young bucks

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@Galileo Can I help with biomes and science defs for Tellumo? I may be able to make a rough biome map for Tellumo.

I've already formed the skeleton for science definitions and made way for Tellumo. I'll have GitHub ready by this time tomorrow. Sadly, I'm suddenly very unwell and I have a full day ahead. :( If GitHub's not your thing I'll setup in Google Docs.

15 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've already formed the skeleton for science definitions and made way for Tellumo. I'll have GitHub ready by this time tomorrow. Sadly, I'm suddenly very unwell and I have a full day ahead. :( If GitHub's not your thing I'll setup in Google Docs.

Github is fine :) get well soon! 

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

@Galileo That KSC looks awesome! The addition of the volcano is a nice touch. I'm assuming, however, that it would be too hard to make volcanoes actually erupt?

Either way, this is one epic mod.

It is looking amazing! Gives that little bit extra. And that always makes a big difference. And the volcano erupting would be wicked too! Imagine the KSC just getting turned to solid stone after lava comes crashing into the Space Centre! "Tracking Station team here! We have reports of a uhhhhh, Volcano erupt- AHHH!" RIP KSC

I made Gratian a little more red and gave it some Ice caps.

JgjNfAX.pngPEmJzJh.png

Oh and i liked the last screenshot so much, i moved Geminus a little closer to get a better view :D

VULJd3P.png

ALSO I NEED A NAME FOR THIS SOLAR SYSTEM! As much as I like including my name in the pack, I really want to include the community in the creation of this mod as much as possible. So i need as many suggestions as you guys can come up with. After however long I will pick the best 3-5 and create a poll. 

Edited by Galileo

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

ALSO I NEED A NAME FOR THIS SOLAR SYSTEM! As much as I like including my name in the pack, I really want to include the community in the creation of this mod as much as possible. 

Wouldn't it just be the <insert sun name here> Solar System? Aka Circo or whatever we were talking about a few pages back :P 

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Wouldn't it just be the <insert sun name here> Solar System? Aka Circo or whatever we were talking about a few pages back :P 

I mean sure, but in real like we dont call our solor system the Sun Solar System, unless.....our suns name is Milky Way
 stash-1-244250d58073b0ed1.jpeg

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I mean sure, but in real like we dont call our solor system the Sun Solar System, unless.....our suns name is Milky Way
 stash-1-244250d58073b0ed1.jpeg

I imagine this is a joke, but I have to comment. :) In fact, we do. It's called the solar system because our son's name is Sol. Other systems are known as star systems. Milky Way is our galaxy, in which these star systems reside. :) 

4 minutes ago, Fobok said:

I imagine this is a joke, but I have to comment. :) In fact, we do. It's called the solar system because our son's name is Sol. Other systems are known as star systems. Milky Way is our galaxy, in which these star systems reside. :) 

Yeah it was a joke lol I'm dumb but I'm not that dumb :)  I couldn't think of a rebuttal for Nhawks.  But in all seriousness, I don't necessarily want to name it The Ciro System. Maybe it will grow on me 

Edited by Galileo

10 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

(strikethough by me)

It would just be the Ciro System.

I think we could do well to agree on the spellings of some of the names in h-- Gratian's got ice!

The GitHub is ready. https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/galileanplanets so have at it @ProtoJeb21

Some science defs and resources are up (and I'm sure you'll have a blast reading them). I'm also a noob with this so feel free to PM me tips. :confused:

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I think we could do well to agree on the spellings of some of the names in h-- Gratian's got ice!

The GitHub is ready. https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/galileanplanets so have at it @ProtoJeb21

Some science defs and resources are up (and I'm sure you'll have a blast reading them). I'm also a noob with this so feel free to PM me tips. :confused:

Heck ya! 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Yeah it was a joke lol I'm dumb but I'm not that dumb :)  I couldn't think of a rebuttal for Nhawks.  But in all seriousness, I don't necessarily want to name it The Ciro System. Maybe it will grow on me 

Yeah it's not 'catchy' enough for Kerbals :P 

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

(strikethough by me)

It would just be the Ciro System.

.... right you are sir..... right you are....

38 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Can I have a DL for the science def config? I don't have a GitHub account to add defs for Tellumo.

Anyone else want to help with biomes to take some of the workload off of myself and protojeb?  I have some work to do with getting SVE and SVT cfgs working and also have to fix some seams on some other bodies  so any help is appreciated.  I won't just hand out the dev version to anyone so please have an idea of what you are doing and don't just take it to play with it.  

Edited by Galileo